F.N.G

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I'm loosing my love for my SLDR. For no reason other then how much better I hit my old driver. I cannot seem to kick it out of the bag for more then a month at the most. It's a 905 with a pro force v2 shaft in X flex. That combo is a call the shot and hit it. Not sure what I drivers or new fancy shafts I need to look at to help narrow the search. I keep hearing how driver tech has come a long way. So I feel like I have to be giving something up. So, I was wondering what you guys/gals would be a better place to start then a go and pick up a few and swing away. I carry between 250-260 on a average swing and can poke it out more if I turn it up on max. But around 270 total is about a average nice control able drive/swing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I really liked my 905r. I like the new titleist drivers a lot too.

I'm loosing my love for my SLDR. For no reason other then how much better I hit my old driver. I cannot seem to kick it out of the bag for more then a month at the most. It's a 905 with a pro force v2 shaft in X flex. That combo is a call the shot and hit it. Not sure what I drivers or new fancy shafts I need to look at to help narrow the search. I keep hearing how driver tech has come a long way. So I feel like I have to be giving something up. So, I was wondering what you guys/gals would be a better place to start then a go and pick up a few and swing away. I carry between 250-260 on a average swing and can poke it out more if I turn it up on max. But around 270 total is about a average nice control able drive/swing.

So I guess there are 2 natural questions that need to be answered for any recommendations to try. If I had something that was call the shot and hit it, I'd game that and get 3 of the same combo for life. Anyways....

1) What are you not liking about the SLDR compared to your 905?

2) What do you look for in a driver?

The 905r is a higher spinning head than the SLDR. you could start by looking at newer heads that fit the higher spinning profile. 915d2 may be a good place to start

I keep reading how awesome new tech is so I want to try something that is newer and compare the two. I think the two are just too different to get over.

I think the SLDR is too light for me. It's like cracking a 8 mile long whip and hoping that it all gets lined up right. Feels like I'm swinging air so I never can really know where it is and expecting to sync it up. Loose it in my swing I guess is a good way to put it.

I'm looking for a newer version of the 905 that has a bit more distance and just too see what the newest latest and greatest is. More curious then anything.

Mine is the 905s I forgot to stick that in there.

What is the difference between the two, like 10 grams? Similar to what Blu said, the 915 D3 is a great option as well as the Cobra Fly-Z+ and Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815.

Back