New Dynamic Gold Spinner Wedge Shaft from True Temper

OITW

Reaction score
Dynamic-Gold-Spinner.png

For years, there has been a little-known trick used on Tour to increase wedge spin when needed: a longer length shaft. On Tour, these longer length shafts are referred to as “Spinners”. Using a longer length shaft not only increases tip flexibility but also reduces total shaft weight, resulting in a higher spinning wedge than a wedge with a standard-length shaft. True Temper is now bringing this Tour secret to the rest of the golfing world with the new Dynamic Gold Spinner shaft. When compared to the Tour’s leading Dynamic Gold S400, Dynamic Gold Spinner features a 5% weight reduction and longer, more active tip section to maximize spin and give you Tour player stopping power.

Specs:

Moderate Tempo
Low Trajectory
Mid Spin

Wedge Flex
128g
37.5"
.600 Butt
.355 Tip

Didn't see anything in the shaft section if this is a dup, mod's please consolidate.

:love::love::love: the new sticker on it. Definitely interested in trying these as I'm playing DG S200 in my current setup and like them, but wonder if this would tighten up the wedge game

How much longer we talking?

Does it still have the necked down section below the grip like the old spinners? If not it's about like throwing a 8i shaft in your wedge. Old "Tiger wedge" trick.

Dynamic-Gold-Spinner.png

Specs:

Moderate Tempo
Low Trajectory
Mid Spin

Wedge Flex
128g
37.5"
.600 Butt
.355 Tip

Using a longer length shaft not only increases tip flexibility but also reduces total shaft weight,

:unsure::unsure::unsure: Not sure I understand how a longer shaft. meaning more material can be a lighter one.. But ok.

That being said, I am using this shaft in my RTX ZIPCORES and like it. I am also not sensing this to be a longer than standard set up. I did not extend or do anything custom to them other than adjust the lie angle upright.

Does it still have the necked down section below the grip like the old spinners? If not it's about like throwing a 8i shaft in your wedge. Old "Tiger wedge" trick.

no. I may have been the only person that actually liked that shaft. It was amazing in a 60 degree wedge set up. At least I thought.

Using a longer length shaft not only increases tip flexibility but also reduces total shaft weight,

:unsure::unsure::unsure: Not sure I understand how a longer shaft. meaning more material can be a lighter one.. But ok.

That being said, I am using this shaft in my RTX ZIPCORES and like it. I am also not sensing this to be a longer than standard set up. I did not extend or do anything custom to them other than adjust the lie angle upright.

The old school method was a 8i shaft butt cut to wedge length.

no. I may have been the only person that actually liked that shaft. It was amazing in a 60 degree wedge set up. At least I thought.

I had them in my original RTX wedges. Outstanding on short shots or flops.

I had them in my original RTX wedges. Outstanding on short shots or flops.

Ok, please excuse my lack of club building knowledge. Essentially what is meant by a longer shaft is soft stepping them to play softer for a given flex and lighter in weight once cut to playing length. Not a longer playing length (What I assumed it meant).

x2...i'll compare the 56 to the TM MG later...

x2...i'll compare the 56 to the TM MG later...

Looks like i May have missed the point. But it still holds true that it does not play longer than average

Ok, please excuse my lack of club building knowledge. Essentially what is meant by a longer shaft is soft stepping them to play softer for a given flex and lighter in weight once cut to playing length. Not a longer playing length (What I assumed it meant).
I'm not familiar with soft stepping, but exactly how is a 8i shaft butt cut to wedge length different from a "regular" wedge length shaft?

Love DG shafts in my wedges, would be interested in comparing this to others I've had

Lots of discussion on these in the ZipCore thread since it’s inception too.

I think they’re quite solid.

Looks like i May have missed the point. But it still holds true that it does not play longer than average

I think I'm tracking with you... Actual, physical length, right?

Lots of discussion on these in the ZipCore thread since it’s inception too.

I think they’re quite solid.
I think they feel phenomenal in that setup, and the results I have been seeing are fantastic. I think this may be my favorite steel wedge shaft I have played so far, especially on 3/4 and full shots.

As to the length discussion, the RTX4s I have with the S400 Tour Issue shafts are the exact same length of the ZipCores with the Spinners. What is interesting though is that the steps are higher on the Spinner shafts, indicating that they are in fact a bit softer in tip flex and/or soft steeped.

31704593-10C2-48B3-A1F9-EA39047D0888.jpeg3DFF5947-BC01-41D4-8C79-6C93069270B5.jpeg

I think they feel phenomenal in that setup, and the results I have been seeing are fantastic. I think this may be my favorite steel wedge shaft I have played so far, especially on 3/4 and full shots.

As to the length discussion, the RTX4s I have with the S400 Tour Issue shafts are the exact same length of the ZipCores with the Spinners. What is interesting though is that the steps are higher on the Spinner shafts, indicating that they are in fact a bit softer in tip flex and/or soft steeped.

View attachment 8963438View attachment 8963439

You try the OG spinner Shafts?

You try the OG spinner Shafts?
Never, they were from before my foray into golfing. When I played a set of Equalizers with Recoil 780 F4s, I liked the tip feel and action, but I thought they were a bit too light. The Spinners give me that same feeling but with a bit more weight to keep me a bit more tempo-controlled.

I throw S300 9i shafts in my wedges that I take half and 3/4 swings with and they've been amazing.

so its a DGS400 8 iron shaft with a sweet logo.

Honestly I can get on board with that.

Back