New England - 2013 THP Invitational Sponsored By KBS

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2013 THP Invitational Series will be kicking off in March of 2013 in Dallas, Texas, then its on to Ohio for stop #2 & New Jersey for stop #3. Today we are honored to open up signup with all the details on stop #4 of the 2013 THP Invitational Series and this one is sponsored by KBS Shafts.

If you would like to see what a THP Invitational looks like, check out these pictures from the recent event in Atlanta.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?37658-THP-Invitational-1-Recap-amp-Pictures

Invitational
How do you get invited? Your Albatross Club Membership is your invitation. If you are a member of the 2013 Albatross Club, you are invited to play in this event. If you are not and want to play, all you have to do is join the club. You can do so by clicking here.

Cost
The cost for the event will be $85
This includes:
*KBS Golf Hat
*Greens Fees
*Cart Fees
*Range Balls

When & Where
June 8th, 2013
Lyman Orchards Golf Club
The Player Course
In 1994, world-renowned player and golf course designer Gary Player opened the second course. "The Player Course" is sprinkled with deciduous trees and classic white pines.

Format
This THP Invitational will be a 2 man team format. The kicker here is that THP will make the teams.
Tee Times Begin at 10:30am
This is limited to 32 golfers at this time.

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for. In addition this is open to men and women of all ages (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult).

Prizes
KBS being the title sponsor has graciously provided us with some fantastic prizes.
Invitational Winners - Full bag (irons/wedges) makeover into KBS complete with Custom options.
Closest To The Pin - 1 set of KBS Wedge Shafts.
Both winners will receive THP Invitational Champions Trophies.
Winners will also be featured in the THP Event Hall of Fame.

Dinner
Post tournament, participants will be invited to get together at a local restaurant called Silver City Sports Bar, it's inside the Four Points at Shertaon for dinner, drinks and fun. GolferGal and myself will be there and personally buy the winners their 1st beverage of the evening (age restrictions apply).

Dinner will be help at Silver City Sports Bar at 6:30PM
275 Research Parkway
Meriden, CT 06450
(203)608-7157

Lodging
For those looking for lodging, the Marriott Fairfield Inn is $89. If you choose to use this option, when calling, mention you are with The Hackers Paradise group.
Another option is The Four Points Hotel by Sheraton. They have a rate of $99, and this hotel has a bar in the lobby. If you chose to use this option, when calling, make sure to mention you are with The Hackers Paradise group.

Signing Up
The THP Invitational only has a limited amount of spots. Therefore, signing up in advance is crucial to reserve your spot. To do so, send a Private Message to GolferGal that you would like a spot and she will give you payment details.

Signup payment is non-refundable. Extenuating circumstances will be handled on an individual basis

The Teams
Being that I am not going to be eligible for prizes and the Hall of Fame, Mikedean has offered to take himself out of the running as well and because of that, we are going to have a separate contest. Just as you guys are competing for the title, you will also be competing against Team THP (made of myself and mikedean). If your team beats us, you will get a small prize.

MikeDean441 & JB
Philly Golf Guy & Six4Three5

ddec & TeedUpThoughts
Devrickus & motoo344

Skeeter& Buckjob
TheLama & Damaikis

bmik33 & FrancisD
Wicked Cool Bearded Man & Shankosaurus

StanTheCaddy & Colt
jlukes & amsmith61

arydolphin & Clemenza
kenh & Spahrticus

mhuelsman131 & CS
Tommy Shanks & fireitup

Scarnici & Skipper
Acole & BillMcK

Last edited by a moderator:
New England - 2013 THP Invitational Sponsored By KBS

In case anyone missed it, I edited this post to show the yardage book I was sent from Lyman Orchards:

So, I came home tonight and there was a package from our friends at Lyman Orchards:
Spoiler

DSC_9442_zps916215c0.jpg

I had spoken to them a week or so ago and they told me they were going to send me the yardage book. I wanted to share it with all of you. Sorry if the pictures arent great. Did my best. Haha

DSC_9443_zps3aac6a9f.jpg

DSC_9444_zpsab5898b7.jpg

Hole 1 - Par 4 -
DSC_9446_zps22740e42.jpg

Hole 2 - Par 4 -
DSC_9447_zps25750ca4.jpg

Hole 3 - Par 4 -
DSC_9448_zps8a2ea90a.jpg

Hole 4 - Par 3 -
DSC_9449_zps20f4fcf5.jpg

Hole 5 - Par 4 -
DSC_9450_zps7658556e.jpg

Hole 6 - Par 4 -
DSC_9451_zps23a6defa.jpg

Hole 7 - Par 3 -
DSC_9452_zpsb94d94f2.jpg

Hole 8 - Par 5 -
DSC_9453_zps5c29011d.jpg

Hole 9 - Par 4 -
DSC_9454_zps63a7f3ff.jpg

Hole 10 - Par 4 -
DSC_9455_zps56cf9b14.jpg

Hole 11 - Par 3 -
DSC_9456_zps3a11dcbd.jpg

Hole 12 - Par 4 -
DSC_9457_zpsbcd7c137.jpg

Hole 13 - Par 3 -
DSC_9466_zps1c7f56b1.jpg

Hole 14 - Par 5 -
DSC_9459_zps2110c5d6.jpg

Hole 15 - Par 4 -
DSC_9460_zpsf0ae24f8.jpg

Hole 16 - Par 3 -
DSC_9461_zps99568172.jpg

Hole 17 - Par 5 -
DSC_9462_zpse9f6d42d.jpg

Hole 18 -
DSC_9463_zpsec638004.jpg

And last but not least, the scorecard:
DSC_9464_zps826ef704.jpg

If you want any additional info or a better pic or anything just shoot me a PM.

Friday Round Attendee List:

11:18 Player Course:
Scarnici
mikedean441
Buckjob
Colt

12:12 Player Course:
DevRickus
jlukes
fireitup
KenH
Shankosaurus

Last edited:
Nice choices here. Golf and Lodging is a good price as well. Looking forward to this one. Well done Dev, JB, and GG.

Iron/wedge shaft makeover from KBS for the winners? Sweet!!

for anyone who is thinking about coming in for the event, check out flights to Hartford(BDL). It's only about 45 minutes away from this course and a very easy in and out airport.

POWW! I already know this is going to be a hit with KBS shafts sponsoring this invitational. I hope you all have a blast. I wish I lived closer to all these events or had money to just travel to them all. Make the most of it and post pictures!
See you all in Vegas!!!

Woohoo! My home course!

I'm soooooooooooooooo in.

Ken

[ PS: My wife points out that they have -- or at least used to have -- deep-fried cheesecake on the menu at Eli Cannon's. :) ]

YEAAAA BUDDY!!! So phyched for this!

Can't believe you all are coming to CT - to a course I have played before numerous times that's 45 min from my house.... annnnnd its on a day that I have to be at a wedding out of state..

Awesome... doh!

But anyways - it should be an absolute blast and I hope everyone has a great time!

Woohoo! My home course!

I'm soooooooooooooooo in.

Ken

[ PS: My wife points out that they have -- or at least used to have -- deep-fried cheesecake on the menu at Eli Cannon's. :) ]

That's awesome. Played this course 3 times and loved it.

Question - which 18 are we playing on at Lyman Orchards?

Also look into Providence for airport travel (especially southwest airlines) only about 1.5hrs away (maybe less) very easy smaller airport to navigate.

ken, any yardage books available for Lyman?

PM sent to GG!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

PM sent to GG!

Yessss! Same here.... Look forward to meeting you

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Yessss! Same here.... Look forward to meeting you

Can't wait! Even my wife is excited. We will most likely drive up Friday morning and leave Sunday morning. Would definitely be up for a Friday afternoon practice round!

Also look into Providence for airport travel (especially southwest airlines) only about 1.5hrs away (maybe less) very easy smaller airport to navigate.

ken, any yardage books available for Lyman?

I don't have a yardage book for Lyman's but I am pretty sure they have them -- I'll look into that.

BDL would be a much easier/shorter drive than Providence because you won't have to deal with I-95 (especially on a Friday!). It's about an hour and 45 minutes from Providence to my place. Bradley is a much a smaller airport than it used to be now that they've shut down terminal B completely.

Another good option for people coming from the NE corridor may be to look at Amtrak - there is a major station in New Haven and it will be way easier to get clubs on a train than through an airport. Also, it's way more relaxing than flying. It's about a 20-30 minute drive from New Haven to the hotels. I could probably be talked into picking some THP'ers up at the train station too. :)

Ken

Not sure if I'm driving in sat am or if I can get the day off on Friday. Either way we will most likely stay sat night. Will pm you when I know more to see where you are staying.

I don't have a yardage book for Lyman's but I am pretty sure they have them -- I'll look into that.

BDL would be a much easier/shorter drive than Providence because you won't have to deal with I-95 (especially on a Friday!). It's about an hour and 45 minutes from Providence to my place. Bradley is a much a smaller airport than it used to be now that they've shut down terminal B completely.

Another good option for people coming from the NE corridor may be to look at Amtrak - there is a major station in New Haven and it will be way easier to get clubs on a train than through an airport. Also, it's way more relaxing than flying. It's about a 20-30 minute drive from New Haven to the hotels. I could probably be talked into picking some THP'ers up at the train station too. :)

Ken

Ken, will you be putting a list of things for the wives/families to do while we are all teeing it up?

Thanks Ken, didn't realize Bradley had reduced size by that much.

Just sent my PM to GolferGal! So pumped for this one, love KBS!

Nice! Will be signing up when I get home. Looks like it's 1 hour 15 minutes from my house. Great job Dev!

Ken

$95 round trip for Amtrak for me from Trenton. Still have to see if I can make this but will be taking the train for sure if I do. How much do Taxi's run for up there?

Back