New England Members

Just wanted to toss this out there for any southern MA/northern RI members who might be interested. This will be my last year organizing our scholarship scramble at Allendale CC in Dartmouth, MA so I'm hoping for a great turnout. The event is May 5, shotgun start. All the info is in the link below - singles through foursomes are welcome!

Opening day for my club was supposed to be this Saturday, but that's likely out the window with this sh!t weather we're currently getting. Make up your mind, Momma Nature.

Looks like first round of the season will be in Myrtle Beach on the 12th.

Opening day for my club was supposed to be this Saturday, but that's likely out the window with this sh!t weather we're currently getting. Make up your mind, Momma Nature.

Looks like first round of the season will be in Myrtle Beach on the 12th.

Same. Was supposed to be 4/5 but now tentatively 4/9

opened up last Saturday so have been playing until today obviously. when will they re-open is the question

Had a slow day at work Wednesday and snuck out for my first round of the year. Played 18 at Country View in Burrillville, RI. Considering I haven't been on a course since the Fall and factoring in new irons and driver, I was really happy with the way I played. A lot of standing water but it was good to get back out.

Waiting for the last bits of snow to disappear. 60* days the next few should do the trick.
@snafu and I are supposed to have practice rounds for league Monday, It will be interesting to see if they let carts out.

I know we have a few members from Mass here, how many would like to meet up once the snow melts in the spring and get a round in together? Any ideas on courses where to play? Would love to get a few rounds in with some THPer's this year.
It’s been a while since the last one we made the trek to(Compton fox western mass) the last one I’m up for anything I’m in central ma

Blackstone, MA here. Had a bit of a down year with a lot going on, but setting my sights on playing more regularly in 2024!
Same here! Only got to play a handful of rounds last year, but definitely looking to play more this year.

I know we have a few members from Mass here, how many would like to meet up once the snow melts in the spring and get a round in together? Any ideas on courses where to play? Would love to get a few rounds in with some THPer's this year.
We should def do this again this year. Meeting and playing with THPers is awesome.

Every New England Member just waiting for the first two days in a row without rain this year…
IMG_4169.jpeg

Supposed to get out at 11:30 today but the temps were too cold for the Mrs. Even in the Spring we basically have to book a week out when it opens and our 7 day forecast was supposed to be low 50s today. It's 11:30 now and 42 here. Go away second winter!

Had a slow day at work Wednesday and snuck out for my first round of the year. Played 18 at Country View in Burrillville, RI. Considering I haven't been on a course since the Fall and factoring in new irons and driver, I was really happy with the way I played. A lot of standing water but it was good to get back out.
I was at Laurel Lane a few weeks ago (3/16) and the entire front nine was pretty much a water hazard

Course opened yesterday!!!! Finally.

Playing next Monday afternoon and booked my usual early morning time Wed already........be nice to whack the white ball around.

I was at Laurel Lane a few weeks ago (3/16) and the entire front nine was pretty much a water hazard
I believe it. That round convinced me to go out and buy some more water resistant shoes.

I believe it. That round convinced me to go out and buy some more water resistant shoes.
I wear Hoka One One Speedgoat GTX 5 trail running shoe instead of golf shoes. They have a Gore-Tex lining so my feet stay nice and dry. They are also extremely light and comfortable.

Tuesday was the first Spark league round of the season for me at New England Country Club. Great weather, good to meet some new people and didn't play horrible either; carded an adjusted 42. Hoping signing up gets me out more regularly this season.

I was thinking of joining spark league although the courses they have around Reading kinda stink. Gotta get my ribs feeling better

I was thinking of joining spark league although the courses they have around Reading kinda stink. Gotta get my ribs feeling better
There are a bunch of options around me (Blackstone) but they fill up fast. I enjoyed how casual it was and the live scoring in the app was pretty cool. 3 hours was a bit much for 9 holes though. We barely made it in before dark and were the first group off. Hope you're back out there soon!

There are a bunch of options around me (Blackstone) but they fill up fast. I enjoyed how casual it was and the live scoring in the app was pretty cool. 3 hours was a bit much for 9 holes though. We barely made it in before dark and were the first group off. Hope you're back out there soon!
Hope so too, can't even swing in the Sim. Took a stupid bad spill skiing last week and either bruised or cracked my ribs on left side. Still skied the rest of the day. They are getting better but man what a pain.

3 hours for 9 is insane. I walked 18 at Four Oaks CC in under 3 1/2. FO is not the easiest to walk but I promised myself when I bought the V2 power cart that I'd not ride. I hope your future 9's play faster.

Back