New England Members

I carved that 3w Hippo Plus into 17 today 220 away into the breeze 15ft, missed it. Lol.

Scarnici, Jaymo and OITW invited me to join them at Gillette Ridge in Bloomfield CT for 18 in the afternoon and a glowball event in the evening. I had a blast and it was a lot of fun. I played like garbage but I did get a birdie chip-in on the 11th hole (I think). Jaymo was killing it. The course was in great shape and doing my first glow-ball event was... interesting.

The course was in great shape and definitely more difficult than it seems. Greens rolled pretty well but had some tricky action on them.

Next time I'm bringing a flashlight since driving a golf cart in full darkness is damn hard (sorry Jaymo).

Below are some photos that I took - fall golf in NE is amazing.

IMG_2444.JPG
IMG_2443.JPG
IMG_2445.JPGIMG_2446.JPG
IMG_2451.JPG

Scarnici, Jaymo and OITW invited me to join them at Gillette Ridge in Bloomfield CT for 18 in the afternoon and a glowball event in the evening. I had a blast and it was a lot of fun. I played like garbage but I did get a birdie chip-in on the 11th hole (I think). Jaymo was killing it. The course was in great shape and doing my first glow-ball event was... interesting.

The course was in great shape and definitely more difficult than it seems. Greens rolled pretty well but had some tricky action on them.

Next time I'm bringing a flashlight since driving a golf cart in full darkness is damn hard (sorry Jaymo).

View attachment 8911660
View attachment 8911661
View attachment 8911662View attachment 8911663
View attachment 8911664

great that we got out and played today Ken!! Always fun teeing it up.

Great pics and looking forward to next time

View attachment 8911660
View attachment 8911661
View attachment 8911662View attachment 8911663
View attachment 8911664

Had a blast! Great playing with you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody played or a member at Nabnasset Lake? They are doing a pretty affordable introductory discount and I still qualify for the young executive membership for one more year.

They offered me a free round to check it out but interested in opinions if anyone has played it in peak season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My flight home from The Graphite Challenge banked for landing over Myopia Hunt Club

3788CD49-456C-4A5D-825B-DD788EA8A5D8.jpeg

Played Bass Rocks Golf Club in Gloucester today with @mpeterson and @OITW and had a blast on what is the most scenic course I’ve ever played. Absolutely love the layout, greens rolled fantastic despite being late season and being punched. I imagine mid season would be a truly memorable experience.
DED3449E-4BDC-45AE-AB5F-A7169B79BEF0.jpeg
6E59E08C-86AF-4FAF-8B31-F8B731C5DC20.jpeg
97BFE92F-2EA9-4D09-9454-46BDF4075583.jpeg

Very beautiful but tricky course. I played a tournament there years ago and was even par through 6 and shot 82. I remember the greens were crazy fast and a lot of them were elevated. I haven’t been back since then but I remember it being fun.

Very beautiful but tricky course. I played a tournament there years ago and was even par through 6 and shot 82. I remember the greens were crazy fast and a lot of them were elevated. I haven’t been back since then but I remember it being fun.

That sounds about right. Even with the dormant grass the greens were FAST.

Worth it, probably my fav New England course now.

Want to play it in season instead if pounding driver at it

Course architect also did Myopia Hunt and Kebo Valley

Started a new job in August and had my hours changed from what I was used to really cut into my Fall golf this season. Working the weekends at the course doesn't help but such is life. I have gotten out to play some amazing courses here and there with ArtM and The Dude but definitely notas much golf as I would have liked. I'll have to try and catch up with some of the regulars here that I haven't seen in awhile.

It's good to see activity in this thread. Teed up yesterday in Seekonk at Ledgemont CC. With cold weather dress and hand warmers in the pockets the cold temps really were a non-factor. Teed off at 8:45, the ground still a bit crunchy under foot, there was close to zero wind. I switched out my bag ditching the 5 wood in place of a srixon driving iron and swapping the cf16s for my cmbs. The host broke out a couple thermos full of home made egg nog and bourbon blend. After sipping 16oz of that over 5 holes I had quite buzz (not used to tingling at 9:30 on a sunday morning). I was thankful the ground was a bit hard as we played from 6800 change and i was getting some nice roll out. The course was quiet with the only activity beside us being the wildlife. The course was full of turkey, deer, fox, coyote, hawks...really quite enjoyable. Grabbed a bloody at the turn to keep things going and moved ahead. It snowed the whole back 9. It was a very light continual flurry. That was different. The course is fairly forgiving, pretty long from the tips while the whites play 6500 and I think there are 2 more forward tee boxes, very well manicured, the holes are framed nicely, and a great walk. If I had any complaint, and honestly I am only saying this to add some negative, it would be that there aren't any short par 3 holes. I think the shortest may be about 180. I think i shot mid 80s which felt better on the course than on the card but could not have had a more enjoyable time. Don't let the chilly weather stop your play as it is still really good conditions on a majority of our local courses.

Played 18 Saturday and Sunday , not too bad especially after I bought these gloves. Perfect for pushing a cart.

nov 17 2019.jpg

gloves.jpg

That sounds about right. Even with the dormant grass the greens were FAST.

Someone told me that day they were running 13 and I believe it. With the wind there were times you had to be careful the ball didn't move. Unfortunately I spend the weekend clearing the dead leaves from my yard. I hope to get a round or two in before things freeze. Unless there is snow I will probably get a round or two in on the cape. As long as it is around 40 and not windy as long as I am walking I feel like it is playable.

Someone told me that day they were running 13 and I believe it. With the wind there were times you had to be careful the ball didn't move. Unfortunately I spend the weekend clearing the dead leaves from my yard. I hope to get a round or two in before things freeze. Unless there is snow I will probably get a round or two in on the cape. As long as it is around 40 and not windy as long as I am walking I feel like it is playable.

Luckily after the bitter cold we've had, it looks like it'll warm up a bit this week. Fingers crossed that continues into Thanksgiving week and I can get out a couple times.

Anyone going for it Saturday? 45 and sunny...

27 at Crosswinds for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

absolutely, from the end of the frost delay to sundown!

Playing a two man scramble tourney on Saturday.

20191126_162656.jpg

Anyone around central Mass?? Pine Ridge in Oxford,Ma is having a 50th Anniversary special.
it's a 7 day a week membership and it's good after 11 on sat/sun. Walking is allowed at no extra charge.
The full membership is $1200 so $177 for 3 years is a pretty good deal!
I just joined along with @rgoodsell!

Too bad it wasn’t closer!

Back