New England Members

For what it's worth, I think golf is "Essential" in New Hampshire as well.

Playing 27 at Allendale in Dartmouth today. ✌

Wyantenuck CC in Great Barrington will close to all play.

Crap!

I hope mass opens their courses so that we can get a break from them coming to Maine and NH taking all of the tee times!

I am hoping they don't get shut down I am playing there tomorrow.
Place was PACKED.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am hoping they don't get shut down I am playing there tomorrow.
allendale......There are courses and clubs here in MA that are reopening after being closed for a week or so. The covid-19 guidelines are posted in print and on the sites and basically we all know the drill by now. There is very littIe customer to worker interaction, raised cups, no carta or single user cart, no tailgating....The MA golfing clubs are stressing the importance of following the guidelines exactly so they may stay open. I played yesterday at one of those courses and it was packed. For the most part the golfers I saw were adhering to the guidelines, with exception. There was a group of older guys that had to pull the flag and lift the raised cup out of the hole when they putted. There were also a few groups partying, music and all, in the parking lot. Ass monkeys that are going to get it all shut down again. And no, i did not confront any of them for a number of reasons at this time.

Golf courses in NH are closed now, I'm going fishing. I have to get away, work from home, wife is working from home. I like home but not this much.

allendale......There are courses and clubs here in MA that are reopening after being closed for a week or so. The covid-19 guidelines are posted in print and on the sites and basically we all know the drill by now. There is very littIe customer to worker interaction, raised cups, no carta or single user cart, no tailgating....The MA golfing clubs are stressing the importance of following the guidelines exactly so they may stay open. I played yesterday at one of those courses and it was packed. For the most part the golfers I saw were adhering to the guidelines, with exception. There was a group of older guys that had to pull the flag and lift the raised cup out of the hole when they putted. There were also a few groups partying, music and all, in the parking lot. Ass monkeys that are going to get it all shut down again. And no, i did not confront any of them for a number of reasons at this time.

I truly believe, even as someone who's on the "better safe than sorry" side with the virus", that golf is something that can be done safely. It's a shame people don't pay attention and are likely going to ruin it for the rest of us.

If you play alone and follow guidelines - OK. But, golf is a social sport. I am staying home until this is over even though I have paid membership in two courses.

In the past, I have made statements that "if you can't play golf you may as well be dead" stupid I know.

At this time I believe - alive without golf - is better than - dead without golf.

Got an email from Allendale saying they are closed. No golf for me today :(. I should have gone and played yesterday unfortunately too busy at work.

Courses up here in central Maine are opening today, supposed to be mid 50s and sunny. Of course I have to work!:( Rain and wind coming in Sunday and Monday, my days off. 😪

Played 18 today in RI again, my course was packed with MA guys/girls. Governor of RI just announced a stay at home order so maybe we're done now too.

Shot 1 under hit it beautiful. Raised cups for the win! Lol. Power stroke 10 footers, omg. 😁

so at a club i used to belong to, which is private, there were too many arguments about whether or not the putt had too much speed or to indirect to have gone in "for real." so now they play a cup with about a 3/4 balls depth. they just can't be happy to be playing golf at all

Played 18 today in RI again, my course was packed with MA guys/girls. Governor of RI just announced a stay at home order so maybe we're done now too.

Shot 1 under hit it beautiful. Raised cups for the win! Lol. Power stroke 10 footers, omg. 😁
so at a club i used to belong to, which is private, there were too many arguments about whether or not the putt had too much speed or to indirect to have gone in "for real." so now they play a cup with about a 3/4 balls depth. they just can't be happy to be playing golf at all

I hear you, so stupid. Lucky to play at all and some bozos care about that? When they first raised the cups last week or two, a foursome ahead of us were tamping down the cups like they didn't know what the hell was going on in the world. We called the pro shop and owner came flying out pissed.

RI still open for golf, saw an email today from course tightening up restrictions.

Back