New England Members

For you MA golfers only.....You are fully aware of all the "things" you can do during this time....going to all the essential places that remain open. Well, hip hip hurray, we can add going to the local farm ice cream stand to the list. Sarcasm, i'm getting really cranky

For you MA golfers only.....You are fully aware of all the "things" you can do during this time....going to all the essential places that remain open. Well, hip hip hurray, we can add going to the local farm ice cream stand to the list. Sarcasm, i'm getting really cranky

Our governor is an idiot.

Got a tee time at Wachusett for Tues. Will be paying attention to what happens Monday there and @ Kettle Brook.

I just booked a twosome at 7:30 on Saturday morning. A little earlier than I would like because I think it is going to be cold but it was the latest time I could get. I may be looking for someone to join me so if interested let me know.

I just talked to a friend of mine who is a member at a private club where people know Baker and he has heard the courses will be open this weekend.

I just talked to a friend of mine who is a member at a private club where people know Baker and he has heard the courses will be open this weekend.
Don't wind me up

I keep checking MassGolf everyday... I'll be surprised if he opens on the weekend actually, I figured he'd do it during the week so less people (ha, GL with THAT!), and they could observe while the plan is executed...
Golfing Sunday in CT unless I hear otherwise.

Been hearing some rumors but my district's State Rep just posted a message from the Governor's office on Facebook stating that MA courses will be able to open effective tomorrow with guidelines in place. Specifics are expected later today.

Of course it is supposed to snow on Saturday morning and Sunday is Mother's day. Unfortunately I am busy tomorrow. I'll take it though.

This just saved me ~3hrs travel

I’ve been hit by golf balls twice already this year, probably MA guys sneaking over the border.

was out for a walk this AM and saw 2 guys teeing off at Bungay Brook. It was just before 7:00 and was surprised nobody else on the course from what I could see. Course looks to be in great shape.

My league starts Monday night at Hidden Creek!

was out for a walk this AM and saw 2 guys teeing off at Bungay Brook. It was just before 7:00 and was surprised nobody else on the course from what I could see. Course looks to be in great shape.

My league starts Monday night at Hidden Creek!

I drove by Bungay earlier this week and it looked awesome. Hopefully getting out at some point next week.

Once the order was lifted yesterday, I scrambled to find something local instead of driving to CT, which was the original plan for this afternoon. Tee times were filling up quick everywhere, but I managed to get a foursome at Sandy Burr for 12:54. If the weather wasn't so crappy for the rest of the weekend, I'd see what was else was available. I'll play and have played in some crappy weather, but I have no desire to play in snow. I thought my skis were put away for the season.

Once the order was lifted yesterday, I scrambled to find something local instead of driving to CT, which was the original plan for this afternoon. Tee times were filling up quick everywhere, but I managed to get a foursome at Sandy Burr for 12:54. If the weather wasn't so crappy for the rest of the weekend, I'd see what was else was available. I'll play and have played in some crappy weather, but I have no desire to play in snow. I thought my skis were put away for the season.

I will be an hour behind you today at SB.

I took yesterday off and played Four Oaks CC in Dracut. Funny that a third of the cars in the parking lot were NH. One of the foursome I played with was from NH as well. But MAholes can't play in NH. That's fine with me. Stupid rules. So anyway it was great to get out and actually do something. The course was in nice shape and the timing of groups , every 15 minutes, made play quite enjoyable. Didn't have wait once for the group in front of you. I really enjoyed that. The closest the group behind got to us was we were on the green and they were on the tee. Round was going well until my hip went south on me in a big way. I need to see a Dr. and probably wont be able to. Golf is going back on the shelf for me until I find out what's going on with and an get it fixed. As Mazz says on sports radio "Sucks and blows". Take care and stay safe.

I definitely could’ve played today but it’s 38 degrees out and I’m just not interested in wearing long Johns to play in May. :LOL:

Back