New England Members

Just got back from golfing at Easton Country Club. Great shape as always with beautiful fairways and smooth greens. Not a bad walk at all!

I think Vermont has opened courses to neighboring states if you "are within commuting distance". The is great news for me, as I live on the border and half of my rotation had been off limits. Golf season just got easier :)

NH has opened back up for play from neighboring states as well.

KOHR golf is open now. I am not sure if all driving ranges at local courses are open yet.

I played Atlantic Country Club in Plymouth today. It had been a long time since I last played there and I enjoyed the course. I made the decision last minute to play and showed up as a single. There was a group of 7 women and I was going to be their 8th. I was fine with that but the first tee was running ahead so the starter told me to go ahead and jump out alone. I played two balls the whole round and managed to not wait too much.

The course was in quite good condition although it must have rained a fair amount overnight. From the tips it is quite a good test of golf. It is a bit of a walk with some long walks between greens and the next tees but doable. It is definitely worth a play.

Hey All,

been a long time since I have been on here as I had to step away from the game for an injury. Will be watching for the 2020 NE Gathering as I had a blast at the Red Tail event a couple years back. Hope everyone is well !!

I played Acushnet River valley again this morning. Driving range and putting green are both open which is awesome. The course is in great shape. The greens could have been a bit quicker but they were quite smooth. My game was a bit loose but it was a great morning.

Played Fall River Country Club over the weekend with the usual suspects and of course had a great time! Course is in great shape as always and greens were running true. Some goodholes and some bad holes highlighted by an almost eagle chip in from around 70 yards,One more revolution and it would have dropped. Settled for a simple birdie. Followed it up with a 7 on the next hole. Thus is golf!

Played Highfields in Grafton on Saturday. Perfect weather and the course was in great shape. I always struggle to read the greens there for some reason and this time was no different. It was nice to be able to get "take out" food and sit out on their patio area with the food and a beer or two after the round.

anybody play the oaks and the ledges in southern maine?

My buddy was just at Ledges, said in good shape but the greens weren't their normal fast speed.

Its great to be out playing again, starting to get a better feel of the game after such a late start. Still cant get it altogether most of the time but playing same ball for last 27 holes which after the start of the year is a miracle. I was losing so many golf balls I said I might as well see if I can go through all manufacturers in one round. Got some Atkinson on Friday!!!

I played 9 at Sandy Burr this morning and as it dried out the greens sped up nicely. I always forget about the Donald Ross greens and not to be above the hole. It was a nice morning.

Got invited to play Granite Links today. First time playing there. Lots of blind shots, but an awesome experience.

Got invited to play Granite Links today. First time playing there. Lots of blind shots, but an awesome experience.

I played there last year and it is interesting and was in good shape but I wasn’t crazy about all the blind shots.

I played there last year and it is interesting and was in good shape but I wasn’t crazy about all the blind shots.

It is definitely a better experience once you know your way around

Country Club of Barre VT this afternoon. Pleasantly challenging old school layout. Great terrain features and green complexes. Wicked fast difficult greens. Posted some additional pics to the Pics From the Course thread.

18E46853-71B2-41C0-A579-DF231532A4C7.jpegF12D186E-CD97-4993-8F3C-0FAD2BADF623.jpeg5512BE46-1EA7-444E-B26C-8331D9FA1339.jpegBA22D9DF-3440-4E1E-ADB1-C03E3E1ADA76.jpeg

Looks great love to ski in Vermont, don't golf there as much but really cool courses

I am from the area and would not waste my money at The Ledges. Over priced for the conditions provided. The oaks on the other hand is always in good shape. The sleeper in the area is Rochester CC just a few miles from the oaks. Conditions as good if not better. Slightly boring design but again great conditions!

I have a tee time with 3 openings at 9:27 on Sunday morning at Acushnet River Valley in Acushnet if anyone is interested. The rest of my group had to bail out. If you have never played there it is a very nice course in SE Mass. It is pretty short money also I think it is $48 to walk and maybe $60 to ride. Let me know if anyone is interested before I adjust the tee time.

I am from the area and would not waste my money at The Ledges. Over priced for the conditions provided. The oaks on the other hand is always in good shape. The sleeper in the area is Rochester CC just a few miles from the oaks. Conditions as good if not better. Slightly boring design but again great conditions!

I almost feel the Oaks is the sleeper of New England, that is pretty much a private club quality. It's an hour ride for me but well worth it.

I almost feel the Oaks is the sleeper of New England, that is pretty much a private club quality. It's an hour ride for me but well worth it.
The only downside to the oaks for me is that driver is taken out of play on quite a few holes for me due to the wetland areas. Other than that it is great. Also a great place to play in the spring as it’s built on a sandy area so it dries very quickly!

Lyman Orchards (Middlefield CT) is fully open and in great shape with both 18's open and the par-29 9-hole course across the road open as well.

Photos are from two weeks ago when things were getting really dry. We had some rain the last few days and things are green again now. All new carts this year too with a pretty decent GPS unit in them. They have been super busy. Basic COVID protections are in use (one person per cart, keep your distance etc) but rakes are back for the bunkers and you can pull the flag if you want.

Also, they still have the killer cider donuts :)

20200618_165825.jpg

20200618_172225.jpg

Back