New England Members

Lyman Orchards (Middlefield CT) is fully open and in great shape with both 18's open and the par-29 9-hole course across the road open as well.

Photos are from two weeks ago when things were getting really dry. We had some rain the last few days and things are green again now. All new carts this year too with a pretty decent GPS unit in them. They have been super busy. Basic COVID protections are in use (one person per cart, keep your distance etc) but rakes are back for the bunkers and you can pull the flag if you want.

Also, they still have the killer cider donuts :)

View attachment 8951627

View attachment 8951628
I played there with my brother a couple years ago, really fun course!

Played Lake Morey Country Club in Fairlee, VT last weekend. The course was in really nice shape considering how dry it had been, got rain twice this week so I'd imagine it's even nicer now. Greens gave me fits which is odd, but they were rolling true.

Waiting on the 16th tee at Butternut Thursday morning and heard "DID THAT GO IN?!?!?" from the 4th tee. Yes, it went in! 2nd ace I've seen in that general area. Last time was long ago watching from the 15th green when a lady aced #16.

Played Crystal Lake in Mapleville, RI for the first time. Really liked it though it's kind of a short course - lots of short par 4s. Nice conditions though the greens on the course were not as nice and fast as the practice green. Couple holes where we were happy we had a guy who had played the course before, but most were straightforward. Greens had a lot of undulations, but were not too severe.

IMG_20200707_143412047_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200707_142536997_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200707_101031206_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Open slot at 1:11 today at Highfields in Grafton, MA. Our 4th today dropped out. If anyone is interested, call the pro shop and grab that spot

Got a round planned at Atlantic Country Club in Plymouth in a few weeks. Any feedback on the course? Looks nice based on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlantic is good track. Haven't played there this year so can't comment on conditions but it's usually in good shape. Plus they let me walk on weekends which is a good thing. Just be careful the GPS doesn't try and send you down the dirt road near the campground to get there, it's pretty bumpy! :(

Got a round planned at Atlantic Country Club in Plymouth in a few weeks. Any feedback on the course? Looks nice based on the website.

I played there a few weeks ago and had a good time. It is a nice course and was in pretty good shape. It is a bit of a long walk but doable.

Atlantic is good track. Haven't played there this year so can't comment on conditions but it's usually in good shape. Plus they let me walk on weekends which is a good thing. Just be careful the GPS doesn't try and send you down the dirt road near the campground to get there, it's pretty bumpy! :(
I played there a few weeks ago and had a good time. It is a nice course and was in pretty good shape. It is a bit of a long walk but doable.

Thanks! Our annual trip up to MA. Excited to get out and try a few new courses in that area.

Golfing The Ledges hopefully on Friday. Need to find out if MA residents are allowed, I forgot about covid-19 restrictions

Golfing The Ledges hopefully on Friday. Need to find out if MA residents are allowed, I forgot about covid-19 restrictions
Cancelled, MA residents not allowed in Maine without Quarantine or proof of covid test. Just golfing Campbells's again

Hi, I am looking to play a round of 18 up near MAdison NH. The only course I have played up there is Mt Washington CC. I would be open to playing that again. Wife is golfing too and she won't play a full 18 and would rather an easier course where as I was pushing for good and scenic. If anybody has any advice let me know.

Thanks

Heading to North Conway CC next week, it's usually in good shape, at a reasonable price.
Have you tried Indian Mound? it's reasonably flat, Hales Landing used to be reasonable (9 holes), but they overcharge these days, and it's quite hilly.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Played Green Hill in Worcester this morning. As usual, greens were fast and true. And HARD! Couple approach shots hit the front of the green and just ran through the back. Had to almost play a club short and hope for a true bounce onto the green. Had some nice par saves and even when you get a GIR it's often a challenge just to 2 putt for a par. But really love playing that course.

On the bad side, the greens at Juniper are just .... gone. They started giving my league a $5 discount in recognition of how terrible they are. No hope of making anything there, just bumpy and gross.

Juniper used to be decent, but the last 2 times I've been there it's been horrible. I won't pay to play there, better be a free work Tourney or I'm all set.

Played Crosswinds today. Course was in good shape and it was very windy. The pace of play was pretty good too. Played Ouimet/Zaharias.

Played Crosswinds today. Course was in good shape and it was very windy. The pace of play was pretty good too. Played Ouimet/Zaharias.

I've found that CrossWINDS is appropriately named. Can't remember playing a round there without at least a good breeze.

I have an 11:40 AM tee time tomorrow at Montcalm, a nice private course near Lebanon NH. I can get us on for $75 with cart. If anyone would like to join me send a note and I can add you to the tee time.

Attachments

• BD7925D3-4126-456A-AD73-AC29865A6B3A.jpeg
    BD7925D3-4126-456A-AD73-AC29865A6B3A.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 12
  • B56C1A88-4A85-48BD-861C-D9BAC7A3C1A8.jpeg
    B56C1A88-4A85-48BD-861C-D9BAC7A3C1A8.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 12
Good week of golf. Got out to Crosswinds, Atlantic, Vesper and Sandwich Hollow. Not a bad week!!

Golfed North Conway Country Club on Wednesday, it was nice albeit a bit slow. Great views of the mountains and flatter than I thought

Attachments

• IMG_6240.jpg
    IMG_6240.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 14
Golfed North Conway Country Club on Wednesday, it was nice albeit a bit slow. Great views of the mountains and flatter than I thought
I was there Wednesday as well, the leaves from the storm made it hard to find your ball, even in the middle of the fairway! 4:15 Rd, and part of that was looking for balls that should have been EZ to find.
Tees and greens were in worse shape than usual (people aren't fixing anything it seems )...
Not bad though, we had a good time.

So tomorrow playing in my club championship final, 36 holes, don't know my opponent but heard he's an ex club pro. Been playing real good for my cap so anything can happen. I was low gross (even par) in qualifying so #1 seed. Just gonna have some fun and see what happens.:)

So tomorrow playing in my club championship final, 36 holes, don't know my opponent but heard he's an ex club pro. Been playing real good for my cap so anything can happen. I was low gross (even par) in qualifying so #1 seed. Just gonna have some fun and see what happens.:)

Good luck and go after it!

Played Wyndhurst (formerly known as Cranwell) out in Lenox yesterday. Really enjoyed the layout, and the conditions were great, if a little wet from the rain. Crazy that a 6400 yard course has a 460 yard par 4 and a 230 yard par 3 though. But a really fun old school layout with some fantastic views.

Good luck!

Back