New England Members

I'm a new member and I'm in Amherst, MA. Would love to meet up and play before the season ends! Hoping it doesn't till December this year.

Welcome!

Thank you!

Welcome, seeing Amherst made me look up and sadly see one of my favorite courses in that area closed this year. Hickory Ridge was a personal favorite I'd usually play at least once a year with my brother.

Welcome, seeing Amherst made me look up and sadly see one of my favorite courses in that area closed this year. Hickory Ridge was a personal favorite I'd usually play at least once a year with my brother.

Maaaaaaan! That was my home course for 5 years :( so bummed they are gone. I am now over at the Orchards

Maaaaaaan! That was my home course for 5 years :( so bummed they are gone. I am now over at the Orchards

Hickory Ridge was such a great and fun track. Pretty disappointed that they closed

Such a great deal too, even by Mass standards. $42 for 18 and a cart on a weekend is such a steal for a fun track like that.

Nope. Now I'm wondering if my "metrowest" is technically correct since I'm not sure of the exact boundaries there. :D

Not many courses in the metrowest area - that are public 🤔

Sassamon Trace

Sassy is in my hometown. I used to bring stuff to the dump there. It is a great use of space and a fun little track. With Covid I didn’t play it this year. Last summer I would walk up a couple of mornings a week but this year it could be tough to get an early tee time on short notice.

Sassy is in my hometown. I used to bring stuff to the dump there. It is a great use of space and a fun little track. With Covid I didn’t play it this year. Last summer I would walk up a couple of mornings a week but this year it could be tough to get an early tee time on short notice.

when i worked in the ham my coworkers and i would play friday am before work

it’s fun little cornish design, huge fan of his designs

Truly am astonished by the cost of membership at private clubs East of Worcester. Played a few clubs this season with a 5 and four zeros after it for an initiation fee. While the conditions were unreal I’m ok with playing on less than stellar conditions... however, I could get REALLY used to playing 18 (walking) in just over 3 hours. I played Old Sandwich, Charles River, Kittanset, and TCC and never saw another group behind or in front of us. Hey, all it takes is like 100G notes right?

Not many courses in the metrowest area - that are public 🤔

OK, let's go with extreme southwest metro west, in fact maybe metrosouthwest. :D

F048CE40-DC7D-45F9-834A-1F2996E2EC42.jpeg
absolute gem of a track, Old Sandwich in Plymouth. No 2 in MA, no 50 in US.

EBB6CDE2-648A-4FD4-ADF7-0D8768CA0187.jpeg
Tried to convince myself it would pass over us when I loaded my sticks in the truck this morning

You are going to need to head either south or north. I know it isn't snowing on the cape or in Maine or VT.

You are going to need to head either south or north. I know it isn't snowing on the cape or in Maine or VT.

Yup this sucks, at least it will be warm and end of next week after i get my snow tires on :rolleyes:

Anyone have a spot on an open course today? G-Vegas is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played Saturday and Sunday down on the South Coast and it was beautiful. Yesterday we teed off around 12 and it was cool but sunny and calm. Today was warmer but overcast and still calm. Great fall golf. Next weekend looks spectacular. I hope the weather men are right.

I played Saturday and Sunday down on the South Coast and it was beautiful. Yesterday we teed off around 12 and it was cool but sunny and calm. Today was warmer but overcast and still calm. Great fall golf. Next weekend looks spectacular. I hope the weather men are right.

Where did you play?

I'm playing Green Hill & Butternut this weekend and maybe finishing off the "Butter Swing" with Butter Brook on Monday. :D

I wish I had a "butter" swing, but mine is more "margarine-al". :sneaky:

I'll see myself out....

I'm playing Green Hill & Butternut this weekend and maybe finishing off the "Butter Swing" with Butter Brook on Monday. :D

I'll see myself out....
Now that is some good stuff right there!

I'll see myself out....

Awesome laugh, thanks for that!

I’d like to get one last round in... freaking cold out there though!

I'll see myself out....
Let me know how Butterbrook looks this year... I played 100 plus rounds there two years ago as a member. Interesting place... liked the course but management is a mess. There is zero incentive to be a member, no perk whatsoever. They also refused to publish their event schedule so huge portions of June are blocked out with huge shotgun tournaments. I could have hit 150 rounds if it weren’t so busy with events.

Back