New England Members

Man I love that second photo just above. Vermont life - check out the mountains and cornfield in that picture. Beautiful!

Man I love that second photo just above. Vermont life - check out the mountains and cornfield in that picture. Beautiful!

When I was up in Stowe we played both the Stowe Country Club and the Mountain Course. I actually think I liked the Country Club better as it was just nestled in the mountains instead of on them. There's a 9 hole course up that way, Ryder Brook, that I absolutely LOVE playing. 3 par 3s, 3 par 4s, 3 par 5s, with some really fun elevation changes.

EDIT: Mistaken on Tillinghast being the architect, I misread that. The course predates Tillinghast's work.

When I was up in Stowe we played both the Stowe Country Club and the Mountain Course. I actually think I liked the Country Club better as it was just nestled in the mountains instead of on them. There's a 9 hole course up that way, Ryder Brook, that I absolutely LOVE playing. 3 par 3s, 3 par 4s, 3 par 5s, with some really fun elevation changes.

I was surprised Stowe wasn't on the list honestly its usually right near the top in most where to play guides. I have never been up there, but have heard now twice that its well worth it. Great tip on Ryder Brook too, thanks!

I was surprised Stowe wasn't on the list honestly its usually right near the top in most where to play guides. I have never been up there, but have heard now twice that its well worth it. Great tip on Ryder Brook too, thanks!

I'll let you know next time we're up there. We usually go a couple times in the spring/summer, and play at least once or twice while we're up. Yean - Ryder Brook isn't conditioned as nicely as the other two courses but it's cheap and fun. And the views are fantastic.

I'll let you know next time we're up there. We usually go a couple times in the spring/summer, and play at least once or twice while we're up. Yean - Ryder Brook isn't conditioned as nicely as the other two courses but it's cheap and fun. And the views are fantastic.

Cheap with a fun layout and fantastic views - that's my jam

Cool to see a couple of my favorite courses Green Mountain National and Country Club of Barre mentioned alongside three private clubs (Ekwanok, Rutland and Dorset Field Club) on Golf's Best Courses in VT. I wish I could play Ekwanok (Tillinghast) and Dorset Field Club (oldest continuously operating golf course in the US). Rutland you can play twice a year if you are a Links Card holder, I wanted to this year but didn't make the trip.

Barre is a cool old school layout way up on top of the hills near Graniteville and the historic Rock of Ages Quarry. Green Mountain National is by Killington and is just plain fun.

getImage.gif

getImage.gif
What’s the course near... ah, Waterbury? Where “Hen of the Wood” is... that course looks NICE!

What’s the course near... ah, Waterbury? Where “Hen of the Wood” is... that course looks NICE!

Ekwanok and Dorset Field Club are both in Manchester, which is some of the most rugged Green Mountain country. Crazy place for the oldest golf course in USA to be (Dorset).

5300 a year isn’t all that bad but that’s an ever shorter season than down here in MA

Played Stowe this year and really enjoyed it. Haven't made it to Barre yet despite being introduced to the game at Northfield CC.

Maybe the last round for me this year, enjoyed myself out at Maynard CC, a real dump but when the weather turns its dead so I played 7 balls off the tee for 13 holes in 2 hours, can’t beat that.

Last round for the year??? Coward!

Got out and played Lebaron Hills yesterday with Art M and a couple other friends. Course is in great shape but the greens are getting a little "furry". Can't really complain for this time of year. Love playing there as it's never crowded.

Last round for the year??? Coward!
Played this past Monday / Tuesday... we'll see what the landscape looks like with 6 inches coming tomorrow.

One of the fellas I teach at school was just named MassGolf junior of the year ... he won the New England AM at 16 this summer. Fantastic kid, works hard. I honestly feel you’ll see his name on TV someday.

Got 9 holes in yesterday in the cold and big wind by a freak of nature where apparently a windowpane over a golf course blocked the snow from falling.

This is for @OITW and @Jaymo37. Sorry, who could have known?

7203B526-8498-4225-85D9-32AF1FB14EF2.jpeg

The wind was howling up at Granite Links yesterday! Glad they're weren't open and I got to enjoy some football for a change.

Two open spots Sunday with Jaymo at Newton Comm.

PM me if you're interested.

Two open spots Sunday with Jaymo at Newton Comm.

PM me if you're interested.
Interested, yes. Available, no :cry:

54 degrees on sunday... NOT Bad.

Back