New England Members

jdlive

Reaction score
Handicap
Meh
I was excited to see that email, but concerned at how much focused on the club house/driving range. The course was in rough shape last year, and the bunkers have never been in the kind of shape you'd expect for what they charge. At the end of the day that range is still going to be using limited flight balls.
Played there a few weeks ago and thought it was in really good shape. I do think their planned work on the tee boxes is needed, but that's a pretty low priority in the grand scheme of things.

mpeterson

Team THP for Life
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Played there a few weeks ago and thought it was in really good shape. I do think their planned work on the tee boxes is needed, but that's a pretty low priority in the grand scheme of things.
I heard the same thing from a friend who played it yesterday, so that's good to hear. It's one of my favorite layouts.

rlefig

Shaft Up #2 in Bellerive!!!!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It was amazing. Totally recommend

jhtr20

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I got a gift card to Red Tail before the course was sold... I’m having a hard time getting an answer as to what the hell is going on. My brother purchased it online and it said a physical card would be mailed. That never happened. Phone calls are left with “we’ll figure this out and get back to you”.

Unless they make major changes I’m kind of over the place. Luckily I’ve made friends with a few dudes who play out of Renaissance and Vesper, the guest fee is the same as Red Tail.
I played Redtail a couple weeks ago. It was not in tip top shape as it always had been in previous rounds there. If you bought the gift card with a credit card I would go through them to get your money back.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Reaction score
Played Widows Walk today. Place was virtually empty. A bit of rain for the first few holes, but fine after that. Plus, only $32 to walk for seniors.

PatsFan

Jedi Knight
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone around this week?? I am on vacation and It's been too long since I played with THPers!!!

dduarte85

Reaction score
Handicap
E330740F-F187-4CD7-A09E-F619090045CB.jpeg
vesper... so nice, short... but HARD, green speed really killed me. Amazing how I can break 80 at so many courses but private clubs is a different story. 91. Ugh.

The_Dude

#TeamNE #Team Green #Hype
Reaction score
Handicap
#bigbutts
I was fortunate to play Wianno in Osterville on Wednesday. Great layout with some of the best greens I've ever played in my life. Short course but typical Ross greens were the defense.

Attachments

jdlive

Reaction score
Handicap
Meh
Played Widows Walk today. Place was virtually empty. A bit of rain for the first few holes, but fine after that. Plus, only $32 to walk for seniors.
Same at CT National Saturday. We went out at 8:30 and I think there was maybe 1 foursome out on the course ahead of us? They had the rough pretty juicy so it was a tough go if you missed the fairway.

Their restaurant is still closed which is kind of odd, not sure what's going on there....

Sean

Reaction score
Same at CT National Saturday. We went out at 8:30 and I think there was maybe 1 foursome out on the course ahead of us? They had the rough pretty juicy so it was a tough go if you missed the fairway.

Their restaurant is still closed which is kind of odd, not sure what's going on there....
That's a great course. You use every club in your bag, and the greens can be tricky.

PatsFan

Jedi Knight
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Played 18 today and it was nice that the course was pretty much empty. I guess 90+ degrees is too hot.

thewilderside

The Project X / Mizuno Golf Experience Participant
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all - so I'm wondering if anyone would be up for meeting up for an earlyish morning round on Saturday, July 24th. I'm thinking tee off between 730 and 8 at one of the following courses.

Chicopee Country Club
Ledges Golf Club
Westover Golf Club
Tekoa Country Club

All of these courses are located about 1hr15 from where I'm staying Friday night, and leave me a roughly 2 hour drive home after. Anyone interested?

jdlive

Reaction score
Handicap
Meh
Played 18 today and it was nice that the course was pretty much empty. I guess 90+ degrees is too hot.
Heh, I turned down a chance to play Shaker Hills Monday because they were teeing off at 2 pm. 95 degrees and 70 dew point just isn't my idea of fun.

And of course now we have 50s and rain, my game for tomorrow is getting canceled as well. :(

Need to move somewhere with better weather.

Sean

Reaction score
Heh, I turned down a chance to play Shaker Hills Monday because they were teeing off at 2 pm. 95 degrees and 70 dew point just isn't my idea of fun.

And of course now we have 50s and rain, my game for tomorrow is getting canceled as well. :(

Need to move somewhere with better weather.
It's close to a 40º difference in temperature. Pretty crazy.

rlefig

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
very quiet on this thread of late. This weather is very disappointing. Hopefully everyone is still getting out there. The courses are very wet

thewilderside

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I played yesterday at Rocky Ridge in Saint George, VT. A really awesome course but it sits down in a valley and with all the rain it was soaked. Rained hard all morning and dealt with standing water on several greens, and even after it stopped several cups were filled right up with water.

thewilderside

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Dropping this back in here. I'm wondering if anyone would be up for meeting up for an earlyish morning round on Saturday, July 24th. I'm thinking tee off between 730 and 8 at one of the following courses.

Chicopee Country Club
Ledges Golf Club
Westover Golf Club
Tekoa Country Club

All of these courses are located about 1hr15 from where I'm staying Friday night, and leave me a roughly 2 hour drive home after. Anyone interested?

rlefig

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I played yesterday at Rocky Ridge in Saint George, VT. A really awesome course but it sits down in a valley and with all the rain it was soaked. Rained hard all morning and dealt with standing water on several greens, and even after it stopped several cups were filled right up with water.
same with us last sunday, standing water, cups filled with water and greens dead slow

thewilderside

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
same with us last sunday, standing water, cups filled with water and greens dead slow
It was very difficult for me to adjust to the conditions. Some of that is because I'm not good, but I just couldn't get accustomed to the ball stopping dead on my chips and pitches. It looked cool, as I can sometimes get a hop and stop on purpose but many times that was not my goal and it happened anyway :LOL:

rlefig

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It was very difficult for me to adjust to the conditions. Some of that is because I'm not good, but I just couldn't get accustomed to the ball stopping dead on my chips and pitches. It looked cool, as I can sometimes get a hop and stop on purpose but many times that was not my goal and it happened anyway :LOL:
I agree. there was one hole that when you stepped on the fairway the whole section sunk a bit and another section rose up. There was so much water under the turf layer

dduarte85

Reaction score
Handicap
I was fortunate to play Wianno in Osterville on Wednesday. Great layout with some of the best greens I've ever played in my life. Short course but typical Ross greens were the defense.
Playing at Wianno tomorrow… super pumped.

dduarte85

Reaction score
Handicap
B9A8A6AE-42AC-41EE-99EF-F3CAADC63AA8.jpeg2FE04288-D3E1-42FD-9A16-81EAB61BF57C.jpeg
Wianno, how the other half lives… I could get used to this place. Immaculate conditions, great land movement, perfectly placed bunkers and pure greens. It’s places like this that make you realize you aren’t a bad putter, you just normally play on some real **** greens. All of a sudden you see 4-8-12 footers dropping. The only knock on the place is a short range with mats. Otherwise, I loved everything about it… and a sick logo to boot.

Sean

Reaction score
Anyone play Owl's Nest in central NH? I will be playing it next weekend and just wanted to get an idea what to expect.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in