New England Members

Playing OSL on Saturday with MBurnham 11:28am tee time, there were two spots left when I booked a few minutes ago.

Atlantic closed for the season. Got 27 in a crosswinds today

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quick review of gbb. I previously played x2hot at 9.5 and swapped in gbb yesterday set up at 9.5 as well. Typical miss is lazy fade to the right. I found myself having to tee the ball lower with gbb to get desired ball flight even though heads look very similar. The gbb is definitely hotter off the face. If I hit it on the screws the ball took off like a rocket. I prefer sound of x2hot but all things being equal I'm a solid 10 yards longer carry with gbb. Fairways were mush yesterday so zero rollout. Still reached the green on one hole at Crosswinds that requires 250 to carry water. Great club that should only get better with warm weather and more reps.

Quick review of gbb. I previously played x2hot at 9.5 and swapped in gbb yesterday set up at 9.5 as well. Typical miss is lazy fade to the right. I found myself having to tee the ball lower with gbb to get desired ball flight even though heads look very similar. The gbb is definitely hotter off the face. If I hit it on the screws the ball took off like a rocket. I prefer sound of x2hot but all things being equal I'm a solid 10 yards longer carry with gbb. Fairways were mush yesterday so zero rollout. Still reached the green on one hole at Crosswinds that requires 250 to carry water. Great club that should only get better with warm weather and more reps.

Nice thoughts, glad you're liking the club, looking forward to reading your feedback when it's real golf weather here :act-up:

you should share your thoughts in this thread too, really good feedback and information there as well

Massachusetts Members

Massachusetts Members

Hitting up McGolf in Dedham after work tomorrow (wednesday) if anyone is interested probably 5:45/6pm

Hitting up McGolf in Dedham after work tomorrow (wednesday) if anyone is interested probably 5:45/6pm

I'll miss you by a day....have a lesson in Cambridge tomorrow, probably going to McGolf on Thursday. FWIW, it's a little depressing at how short those range balls carry in the middle of the winter. I guess I should just focus on direction instead of distance.

I'll miss you by a day....have a lesson in Cambridge tomorrow, probably going to McGolf on Thursday. FWIW, it's a little depressing at how short those range balls carry in the middle of the winter. I guess I should just focus on direction instead of distance.

I went this weekend to World Cup up in NH. I hit a 7i that I thought was about as good as anything I'd ever hit, and I'm not sure it flew 140. I know it's a combination of the terrible balls they've switched to and the cold, but man... Luckily I also hit off of a monitor indoors during my lessons.

Ridders in Bridgewater has new sim that I checked out Thursday. Appears similar to the one used at golf channel except has a curved screen. Has about 70 courses available plus practice mode. $40.00 an hour. I plan on using alot to keep sharp over the winter.

Trying out sim at Ridder's on Thursday with my Dad. Booked it for 1.5 hours to get "18" in.

Shot a personal best on a Sim last week....hoping to get back out this week some time.

Also, I may be joining a league at Trull Brook. Anyone else part of their league on Tuesday nights?

i'm sure most of you have put the stix away but i have not. i plan on at least one if not two rounds this weekend. i know newport national has both tees and greens open. i suspect montaup will have both open also (guys were playing today). Send me a message if you want to play

Awe man I'd love to get a round in Sunday but the bride might murder me.

On the sim last nite. I refuse to hit driver this winter since I'm working on changing my swing with that club, just doing swings. I played Sawgrass from the Reds and teed off with a 6 iron. Made it fun actually. Had a great score going then I cut my finger and was bleeding like a stuck pig. Had to quit on the 16th tee... bummer.

I got this email yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing North... Not much snow up here but Don't know anything that's open. You could call Far Corner in West Boxford, I know that dump "Kelley Greens" in Winthrop is always open

If there's no snow, sometimes Newton Commonwealth is open, but most of what would be open is down towards the cape, and they got all of the snow in the last storm.

I'm betting by this weekend a lot of places down here will be snow free, whether or not they'll be open is another story.

I'm betting by this weekend a lot of places down here will be snow free, whether or not they'll be open is another story.

montaup, newport, lakeville, fall river.....open c u there

I think Lakeville would be closest to him coming in from Boston... not sure how good the conditions would be though.

Triggs in PVD?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Lakeville would be closest to him coming in from Boston... not sure how good the conditions would be though.

Triggs in PVD?
I wouldn't recommend Triggs to my worst enemy... Have had several bad experiences there, including my bachelor party this past year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I might be open to play Sat AM 8 or after, Montaup Ideally but open to other places

Just finished 18 on sim with my Dad. Numbers pretty much dead on from end of season. Driver avg 255 carry, 275 total. Much rather be on the course but nice to get some swings in. Here's my Dad..
b6df513e4891fe810921c8f3404a7202.jpg

Just about 40 degrees. Range session please

Back