New England Members

It will be a guaranteed fun time! @PatsFan will be playing barefoot
Depends on the weather!!! If it's dry then Barefoot I shall play!!
I was going to say it will be a great time because its a bunch of THPers getting together!!!!

Depends on the weather!!! If it's dry then Barefoot I shall play!!
I was going to say it will be a great time because its a bunch of THPers getting together!!!!
That too! Atkinson is a nice difficult course. We will have a great time

Played Whindam CC today, despite all the rain the course was in really good shape overall. There were soggy fairways with a few really wet ones. It is also nice to see they have worked to improve the course, cutting down trees, enlarging some tee boxes and adding walkways where erosion and ruts were a problem. Played with my son, walking we got the round in just over 3 hours. And on 18 we had 2 fawns still with spots and a red fox to cheer us on. The fox is the spec in the upper right of the frame. Came in with an 81 with a lot of coulda shouldas. And we I got home my new bow was waiting for me. Archery hunting in NH starts 9/15!

Attachments

• 0721211313_HDR.jpg
    0721211313_HDR.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 13
Played Whindam CC today, despite all the rain the course was in really good shape overall. There were soggy fairways with a few really wet ones. It is also nice to see they have worked to improve the course, cutting down trees, enlarging some tee boxes and adding walkways where erosion and ruts were a problem. Played with my son, walking we got the round in just over 3 hours. And on 18 we had 2 fawns still with spots and a red fox to cheer us on. The fox is the spec in the upper right of the frame. Came in with an 81 with a lot of coulda shouldas. And we I got home my new bow was waiting for me. Archery hunting in NH starts 9/15!
Windham is a tough course have not played there this year. that is a great score

This is a total shot in the dark, but I'm playing in a tournament tomorrow at Shennecossett in Groton, CT with my brother and a buddy. Our 4th dropped out so I figured I'd put it out there and see if anyone is interested in filling this slot. Tournament is already paid for, starts at 1230, and you'd be playing with a pretty loose cast of characters. We aren't in this to win it, just have fun. Anyone available/interested?

Windham is a tough course have not played there this year. that is a great score
I was in a zone off the tee which really helps there. Hit them all on the front and 6 on the back. Heading back Sunday.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

I play Windham a lot as good friends have memberships there. I enjoy playing it, but that course is tight. I haven't gotten the balls yet to take driver out on 10 and attempt to drive the green; I stand on the tee box and see this narrow chute and think how can I possibly keep it straight. Maybe some day.

16 is my nemesis hole. It shouldn't be because it's not that difficult of a hole - wide landing spot for your drive and then anywhere from 180 to 150 to the green over water. I always seem to eff up the second shot by hitting it in the drink, the woods on the right or the pond on the left near the 15th tee box.

Playing it Saturday and Sunday.

Playing Far Corners for the first time tomorrow as part of a client outing / networking event.

I play Windham a lot as good friends have memberships there. I enjoy playing it, but that course is tight. I haven't gotten the balls yet to take driver out on 10 and attempt to drive the green; I stand on the tee box and see this narrow chute and think how can I possibly keep it straight. Maybe some day.

16 is my nemesis hole. It shouldn't be because it's not that difficult of a hole - wide landing spot for your drive and then anywhere from 180 to 150 to the green over water. I always seem to eff up the second shot by hitting it in the drink, the woods on the right or the pond on the left near the 15th tee box.

Playing it Saturday and Sunday.

Playing Far Corners for the first time tomorrow as part of a client outing / networking event.
Far Corners will test you. 3 nines but all have their own intricacies. Lots of elevation change. Same owner as Windham too. I only have gone for 10 once, too much of a hook put it into the woods and a double on the card. Not a way to start the back. The green is pretty narrow making it a bit of a sucker hole. 16 often gets me, Wednesday I smoked a 4w that ended up in the rough that boarders the pond. The wedge out was short of the green, pitch and 2 putt bogey.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

This is a total shot in the dark, but I'm playing in a tournament tomorrow at Shennecossett in Groton, CT with my brother and a buddy. Our 4th dropped out so I figured I'd put it out there and see if anyone is interested in filling this slot. Tournament is already paid for, starts at 1230, and you'd be playing with a pretty loose cast of characters. We aren't in this to win it, just have fun. Anyone available/interested?

I wish I didn't already have golf plans (well that's not totally true since I'm golfing at TCP) but if I didn't it would have hard to say no! Good luck filling the spot.

Had a full bag fitting at True Spec in Waltham yesterday evening. I have done an iron fitting but it was quite a while ago and I was wanting to go through the whole bag, mainly to figure out the "top end" between my 3 wood and 5 iron. I have 2 hybrids, a 3 and 4 and I don't hit either great and there's quite a bit of overlap.

So we started out with the irons, got a baseline on my current Callaway RazrX tours. Tried quite a few different heads and shafts, including some graphite. I was interested in seeing if those would work out, but in the end it wasn't enough of a difference to make a switch. My fitter thought my overall numbers were pretty good but wanted to see if we could get a little higher trajectory and more spin for better stopping power in the mid irons. He ended up fitting me to the Callaway TCBs with a lighter shaft than my current KBS. In the end, there was a slight improvement across the board but given the price I was shown for the irons am doubtful I'll be upgrading just yet.

Did some work with the driver but I felt like my swing was just awful. I'm not a fan of indoor hitting bays to start with and none of the swings I made felt right. Was getting pretty awful numbers - I'm not a long hitter but these were just way off. Did finally get some decent hits with the final driver, a TSI and again a slightly lighter, softer shaft. Would have liked to be able to do a little more investigation there but again just didn't think it was worthwhile and it wasn't the top priority for me anyway.

Then it was the real stuff I came there for, trying to figure out the gap to the irons. I hit some shots with my current Callaway Razrs and as expected, the numbers overall showed inconsistency and not a huge gap between them. And also a big gap from them down to my 5 iron. My fitter suggested maybe looking at a 7 wood as I was a "sweeper" with my swing. Which was one aspect that was news to me, I have always felt I'm pretty steep but the numbers showed I was actually hitting up on the ball a bit. Could have been related to hitting off the fake turf or maybe ball position was a bit off, but that's what the number said. I hit a few options and a Ping 7 wood looked decent, but not great. Ping hybrid didn't look good to my eye, just seemed really shut. Finally found a nice option, a couple TM hybrids that I hit really well. What we ended up with is going with a 5 and 3 hybrid to cover the gaps. Maybe I'll still also look at some other fairway woods down the road but this is one change I'll likely make pretty soon.

Also spent some time on wedges, Callaway Jaws seemed to be a good fit, I was really dialed in with them. 5 or 6 shots with each 56/52 and all the carry yardages were exactly the same, very good spin rate, etc. Can't do much better than that. I could use some new ones as my current wedges are a couple years old. Talked a bit about the different grinds and bounce options as those have always been a bit of a mystery to me. I mean, I understand exactly what they are, what they do, etc but have no idea which I'd need. My fitter gave me some suggestions but I just don't think I'm that "creative" with my wedges to need a whole lot there.

And of course there was the "sticker shock" moment when I was shown the price for the entire bag, wow! Like I said, may get the 2 hybrids and maybe replace the wedges but the whole set was quite a bit. And since I had just had the front brakes and rear shocks done on my car Monday was not really in the mood to see those kind of numbers again. :D

But overall was happy with the experience, I definitely learned a lot about my swing and think (hope) I have a solution for the main problem I came there with.

But overall was happy with the experience, I definitely learned a lot about my swing and think (hope) I have a solution for the main problem I came there with.
Just had the front and rear brakes done on my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 185k on it. I knew the rear brakes were junk and after I rear ended a Honda Fit in Lynn figured it was about time

Please let us know how TPC is I have always wanted to play there!

Conditions were immaculate as always! The club Championship was the next day so they had everything mowed to perfection. I've played there about 6 times now and each time is just as nice. If you get the opportunity to play don't pass it up. Walking after2pm was only $88. I've paid that much and more for lesser courses. Wasn't my best round but was a great time, especially seeing the excitement in the eyes and through the actions of 2 of the kids who work for me up at Granite Links. One is 18 and the other is 19 and they were like kids on Christmas. They beat the piss out of me! One shot 76 and the other an 81. My host shot a 71. Me..., let's just say I was a few shots over that, haha!

Played Player at Lyman Orchards yesterday. The course itself was in very nice shape, and if you're looking for a test this is a good one. Very narrow for the first 6 holes, and you're playing to distances that you may not be comfortable with (think 210-230). Multiple blind shots made me thankful the guys we were paired up with knew the course. Elevation change GALORE. And the rough (where I lived all day) was the thickest I've ever experienced on a golf course. I shot a 99, getting eaten alive on the first 6 holes. Settled in a bit on the back (46) but yeah I won't be returning to this course until I don't suck. The one negative I will say is the cart paths are atrocious. An odd complaint but be prepared to double check your bag as you're going to get jarred over and over again. Elevation change did give a splendid view from #11. I'll edit with the photos when it let's me upload them.

Played Player at Lyman Orchards yesterday. The course itself was in very nice shape, and if you're looking for a test this is a good one. Very narrow for the first 6 holes, and you're playing to distances that you may not be comfortable with (think 210-230). Multiple blind shots made me thankful the guys we were paired up with knew the course. Elevation change GALORE. And the rough (where I lived all day) was the thickest I've ever experienced on a golf course. I shot a 99, getting eaten alive on the first 6 holes. Settled in a bit on the back (46) but yeah I won't be returning to this course until I don't suck. The one negative I will say is the cart paths are atrocious. An odd complaint but be prepared to double check your bag as you're going to get jarred over and over again. Elevation change did give a splendid view from #11. I'll edit with the photos when it let's me upload them.
When they built that course they were to have 2 holes to the left of 17....but environmental concerns squashed that so they jammed in a couple at the beginning where you have the forced carry on 3 and the 2nd. The Jones of Lyman use to be the qualifier for the Travelers/GHO....

When they built that course they were to have 2 holes to the left of 17....but environmental concerns squashed that so they jammed in a couple at the beginning where you have the forced carry on 3 and the 2nd. The Jones of Lyman use to be the qualifier for the Travelers/GHO....
Thats interesting, granted it's been a couple years but I fared much better on the Jones course. Yeah that kind of makes sense with the forced carries. I have to say I think that was the most difficult opening 6 holes I've ever faced.

Conditions were immaculate as always! The club Championship was the next day so they had everything mowed to perfection. I've played there about 6 times now and each time is just as nice. If you get the opportunity to play don't pass it up. Walking after2pm was only $88. I've paid that much and more for lesser courses. Wasn't my best round but was a great time, especially seeing the excitement in the eyes and through the actions of 2 of the kids who work for me up at Granite Links. One is 18 and the other is 19 and they were like kids on Christmas. They beat the piss out of me! One shot 76 and the other an 81. My host shot a 71. Me..., let's just say I was a few shots over that, haha!

I have played the course a couple of times and it's a real treat. Everything from the pyramid of balls on the range, to bottles of ice cold water available every few holes, to a really nice locker room. I don't remember what I shot, but I never lost a golf ball, so there is that, lol.

Just bumping again to see if we can get a 4th for Atkinson on Friday at 9:51 to join @Hamfist and @PatsFan and myself.

I am drunk as hell!!!

Turtlerancher is feeding me wine and trying to concert me to right wing politics!!!

Back