New England Members

I just moved to Connecticut if anyone needs a fourth.

I am in central Connecticut and just getting back into playing more after several years away from the game. Looking to find a playing partner for weekend rounds throughout the state. Cheers!

Played Waverly Oaks in Plymouth last weekend. Great course. The 17th is an interesting par 3 uphill about 165 over a whole bunch or gully. Dropped a 6 iron within 8 feet but still missed birdie putt

Played Waverly Oaks in Plymouth last weekend. Great course. The 17th is an interesting par 3 uphill about 165 over a whole bunch or gully. Dropped a 6 iron within 8 feet but still missed birdie putt

Used to play that course a lot on the early season before their rates would go up. Very tough hole when you're playing the back tees where it's closer to 200 yards and it's April, 45 degrees and a 2 club wind in your face. :oops:

@jdlive i can imagine. fun course

A friend of mine tied the course record from the tips last week. He shot a 64. I think he said the 17th hole was playing 250 yards that day. He hit a hybrid...I couldn't get there with a driver, lol.

That is awesome! When we were there a bunch of Harvard golf team members were there also and as they were warming up the coach or a dad was talking about how lucky the kid was that his chipping and putting saved him and kept him 9 under.

We were like STHU, it would take everything to save me to hit close to that score LOL

Played Acushnet River Valley this weekend, the course was in excellent shape. One of the better munis around in this part of MA.

Been a few tough weekends with work commitments etc… wife wants a Saturday with the family and in comes an email with an invite to Old Sandwich. Turning that down really, really stings.

Played and stayed at Country club of NH Sunday and Monday, decent course. Motel a bit out dated but price was good and they let us play cards in bar while watching Pats game

Been a few tough weekends with work commitments etc… wife wants a Saturday with the family and in comes an email with an invite to Old Sandwich. Turning that down really, really stings.

Can't you do a Sunday with the family. Unless Old Sandwich invites come in every day that is one that is an invite that needs to be accepted.

Sir, you are a better man than I ;)

N
Played and stayed at Country club of NH Sunday and Monday, decent course. Motel a bit out dated but price was good and they let us play cards in bar while watching Pats game
Not from NH, but my brother-in-law is. Played the CCNH a few times and always liked it. Nice track!

Yep, really like that course. Haven't played it in a couple of years as it's a bit of a haul for me. Parking situation and first tee being so far from the pro shop is a little strange but a nice track.

I remember playing the course back in the 1980's and the greens fee was on the honor system where you dropped your money into a lock box/ safe. I think it was only 9 holes back then?

Anyone play Merrimack in Methuen lately? I got a tee time for tomorrow afternoon, first time there.

Country Club of NH is a fun, low-key place. The bones of the course are good and the greens fee value good. We played a morning round there during the Unofficial New England gathering last year, and I think everyone enjoyed it.

Got to Merrimack Valley in Methuen yesterday. Golf Now price of $53 plus fee, good value. Interesting lay-out and picturesque. A few of the tee boxes were in rough shape, greens were fast in overall good shape, fairways were great shape as well. Super small pro shop and the starter process was a bit of a mess with getting groups out. First 9 took 2.5 hours, back took under 2 with front 9 folks peeling off after 9.IMG_0936.jpeg

Last edited:
Got a few pics from this week playing KettleBrook and Butternut. Just perfect weather and s few trees starting to show some colors.

IMG_20211013_113017102 (1).jpg

IMG_20211013_112450676.jpg

IMG_20211014_122010632 (1).jpg

Humble brag, yes that's my tee shot on KB #13. Missed the eagle putt tho. :mad:

First time playing Shattuck today. Had heard many bad things about it, "unplayable", etc but found it to be a very fun course and will be going back. Only bad thing is there's no real good way to get there! :) Pretty breezy which is always a challenge, especially on a target golf course you've never played. But one of the guys with me had played it recently and was able to give enough help. Weather was pretty nice, sunny and around 60.

IMG_20211101_131632200.jpg
IMG_20211101_120703087.jpg
IMG_20211101_105343176.jpgIMG_20211101_103618490.jpg

Playing Whitinsville Golf Club tomorrow 18 holes. Can’t wait, played it 2 or 3 years ago fabulous old Donald Ross layout.

I might go play The Shattuck tomorrow. I made a 9:40AM tee time, and there are three open spots as of now. If any of you want to join me feel free to nab the extra spots.

No frost delay at Butternut Sunday. Yep, just sent us out with the greens looking like this:

20211107_092005.jpg

Had to scrape an inch of ice off my spikes before each shot until it finally warmed up after a couple of holes.

Back