New England Members

I was there Wednesday as well, the leaves from the storm made it hard to find your ball, even in the middle of the fairway! 4:15 Rd, and part of that was looking for balls that should have been EZ to find.
Tees and greens were in worse shape than usual (people aren't fixing anything it seems )...
Not bad though, we had a good time.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
Yes the leaves did make it tough to find golf balls even in the fairway or short rough. Our tee times were 1:40. Just my wife and I. Had an ok 89, the 10th killed me lost a ball on a nice drive that drifted a bit left into the small pond. Putting was not great either.

So tomorrow playing in my club championship final, 36 holes, don't know my opponent but heard he's an ex club pro. Been playing real good for my cap so anything can happen. I was low gross (even par) in qualifying so #1 seed. Just gonna have some fun and see what happens.:)
Good luck! Hope you did well

Out here after work following the field at the NH Stroke Play Championship.

817E51E3-74DA-4383-8499-7134DC1481DC.jpeg523E80C8-C12C-4E4F-B77E-E2BC7577B66E.jpeg543AFA74-AD55-47CE-A5FC-3E3C5894FB58.jpeg

Are there any plans for a get together this year? I know COVID is an issue and getting a group together can be difficult

Are there any plans for a get together this year? I know COVID is an issue and getting a group together can be difficult

I'm in a no-risk state, can travel and could use a gathering

@OITW What do you say??

I'd be up for another fall gathering

Played out at the Ranch today. Some of the fairways are a little stressed with the lack of water and tee boxes as well but overall it's in pretty good shape.

IMG_20200815_135933584_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200815_153349000.jpg

Played breakfast hill yesterday. That is a challenging course with very fast, undulating small greens. Had way too many 3 putts, maybe 4 of them. Burned the edges on a lot. Nice place though

I played Allendale this afternoon. It is a solid layout with interesting greens which were in very good shape. The rest of the course was quite rough. The fairways were a mess and some of the tees were quite bad. I am playing a state mid am qualifier there a week from Monday and it seems like they are going to have to play the ball up. You could hit a ball in the fairway and get an absolutely terrible lie. I played there a couple of years ago and it was pretty decent I am not sure what happened to lose their fairways and tees.

Played Red Tail today, sorry forgot to take any pictures. A number of tee boxes were in pretty bad shape but overall the course is fine. Love the layout there. Had a nice front 9 and then couldn't get off the bogey train on the back.

@Chef23, played Allendale a few years back and agree overall it's a solid track, kind of an old school course. I seem to recall they had some ownership issues at one point? Maybe that's affected their maintenance.

@rlefig BH is a good course, haven't made it up there in a few years though.

Played Newport Country Club (VT) Friday, didn't snap any pics which was too bad because there are some very scenic spots. Course was in excellent condition, greens were very fast and challenging.

Picture is from Stowe Country Club looking back at 18. Course was in immaculate condition, greens not as fast as Newport but just as challenging.
f8c6bb064b9b314b2900b6279bbe14ae.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Played Red Tail today, sorry forgot to take any pictures. A number of tee boxes were in pretty bad shape but overall the course is fine. Love the layout there. Had a nice front 9 and then couldn't get off the bogey train on the back.

@Chef23, played Allendale a few years back and agree overall it's a solid track, kind of an old school course. I seem to recall they had some ownership issues at one point? Maybe that's affected their maintenance.

Sorry to hear about Red Tail usually play there in September

Sorry to hear about Red Tail usually play there in September
Never played there maybe we should check it out!!! Any Thur or fri??

Regarding Allendale someone told me the other day they had irrigation system issues of some sort which given the way the weather had been until recently would definitely be an issue. There are a number of ponds on the golf course that had water so I wouldn't think access to water is a problem.

Regarding Allendale someone told me the other day they had irrigation system issues of some sort which given the way the weather had been until recently would definitely be an issue. There are a number of ponds on the golf course that had water so I wouldn't think access to water is a problem.

yeah that can be a problem. I remember when Blackstone had issues getting water during the last drought and completely lost their fairways. Took them a couple of years to recover from that.

Playing Red Tail tomorrow; love that course. I'll snap a few photos of the tee boxes; I don't remember them being bad, but we have had a dry summer so maybe that's the root cause. I know my front yard is torched.

Playing Red Tail tomorrow; love that course. I'll snap a few photos of the tee boxes; I don't remember them being bad, but we have had a dry summer so maybe that's the root cause. I know my front yard is torched.

I think people are taking too much from that comment, but one hole I remember was the 3rd, the first par 3. When you drive over and can see all the tee boxes, they looked pretty beat up. No doubt it's due to the hot stretch of weather and the only rain has been downpours, not a good combination.

And of course it's all relative. Red Tail is still in better shape than a bunch of courses I've played this season. The greens are good and IMO that's like 95% of my worries when it comes to course conditions.

For $50 yesterday, I can't really complain too much about Red Tail. They were aerating the back 9, so we could only do a double front 9. They didn't tell the person who booked the round this until about 90 minutes before we teed off; if we knew sooner we possibly could have found somewhere else to play. I knew something was up when I pulled into the parking lot and it was practically empty at 11:00.

They must have aerated the front Monday, because the tee boxes and greens were still sandy. The grassy parts of the fairway were in great shape, but there were quite a few brown spots and a lot of them were divots; it's tough to repair them even with replacing the divot when they don't give you any sand mix in the carts.

They closed early too because nobody was there. Wasn't able to relax on the patio afterwards with a few cocktails like we normally do there.

I enjoy that course but it was one of the more disappointing rounds I had there. Love the back 9, especially the 14-15-16-17 stretch, so not being able to play it affected the mood a bit.

For $50 yesterday, I can't really complain too much about Red Tail. They were aerating the back 9, so we could only do a double front 9. They didn't tell the person who booked the round this until about 90 minutes before we teed off; if we knew sooner we possibly could have found somewhere else to play. I knew something was up when I pulled into the parking lot and it was practically empty at 11:00.

They must have aerated the front Monday, because the tee boxes and greens were still sandy. The grassy parts of the fairway were in great shape, but there were quite a few brown spots and a lot of them were divots; it's tough to repair them even with replacing the divot when they don't give you any sand mix in the carts.

They closed early too because nobody was there. Wasn't able to relax on the patio afterwards with a few cocktails like we normally do there.

I enjoy that course but it was one of the more disappointing rounds I had there. Love the back 9, especially the 14-15-16-17 stretch, so not being able to play it affected the mood a bit.
Thats too bad. They should have had something posted. Great course

Ugh, I hate when that happens. Full credit to my friend who organizes out Saturday games, he's always on top of the aeration schedules.

Played KettleBrook today, course was in great shape as usual. Couple mental errors today that just drive me crazy! Missed greens on 3, 6 and 8 on the wrong side that left me 4 over on those. Pretty breezy with a 1-2 club wind all day long.

IMG_20200905_143429594_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200905_145354854_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200905_150928622.jpg

My team finished our covid-delayed league season in solo 2nd place in our division - our best finish ever. We were in first place going into the last week but we wound up both having a bad day which allowed one of the teams chasing us to sneak ahead. I went five weeks in a row shooting under my handicap and my partner was solid all year too.

Still a good year overall. I set a new 9-hole PB with a 43 (net 28) and finally managed to birdie the notoriously tricky first hole on the Jones course at Lyman Orchards.

Still a few rounds left to play this year so I'm not done yet! Hope everyone else is having a decent season too!

I'm in a no-risk state, can travel and could use a gathering
@OITW What do you say??

You bitches strap in. I have something locked down, need time to write the thread and I’m going to need $$$ via a

My team finished our covid-delayed league season in solo 2nd place in our division - our best finish ever. We were in first place going into the last week but we wound up both having a bad day which allowed one of the teams chasing us to sneak ahead. I went five weeks in a row shooting under my handicap and my partner was solid all year too.

Still a good year overall. I set a new 9-hole PB with a 43 (net 28) and finally managed to birdie the notoriously tricky first hole on the Jones course at Lyman Orchards.

Still a few rounds left to play this year so I'm not done yet! Hope everyone else is having a decent season too!

Congrats on the PB

I played Woodstock Country Club in Woodstock VT. It is a quirky, tight course that was fun enough but I didn’t think it was worth the money they get for it. I picked it because my son was driving down from Burlington, VT and I was driving up from MetroWest MA. Next time I will look for a different course.

Back