New England Members

Ace Cam needs to be live on all par 3's from now on - you never know when!

Playing Shattuck next Sunday

anyone play red tail lately? Would love to get a round in there before the year is over if conditions allow
A few friends said it was in rough shape and they were pissed for the price paid.

A few friends said it was in rough shape and they were pissed for the price paid.

I've heard the same thing but that was earlier in the season. I'm surprised, as we played Shaker Hill and it was in decent shape. Usually things are the other way around. That's disappointing as it's always one of my favorite tracks.

Drought was tough on a lot of places this year plus more traffic

Drought was tough on a lot of places this year plus more traffic

Yes - the home course lost an irrigation pump at the same time we had that really hot stretch. Did a number on the fairways, but they are on their way back. They did a fantastic job on the greens though.

Yes - the home course lost an irrigation pump at the same time we had that really hot stretch. Did a number on the fairways, but they are on their way back. They did a fantastic job on the greens though.
Hate when courses try and use the weather as an excuse... all it takes is money, plenty of green courses out there.

Better to keep the greens with some color and life though than the fairways. Who doesn’t like a little NE Open Championship conditions?

Better to keep the greens with some color and life though than the fairways. Who doesn’t like a little NE Open Championship conditions?

Greens and tees have been mint. We were like 7" short of normal rain, so it is what it is. Courses next to moving water or large lakes have been better. The something like 2x the normal rounds also added some wear and tear.

Lots of fun to just hit low irons off the tee and have them run forever though.

🙋🏽‍♂️🙋🏽‍♂️🙋🏽‍♂️

Greens and tees have been mint. We were like 7" short of normal rain, so it is what it is. Courses next to moving water or large lakes have been better. The something like 2x the normal rounds also added some wear and tear.

That’s why I put a UT in the bag

.... What is hitting it low?

I was impressed with Trull Brook... some of the greens are almost mini golf-esque with their slope and pin placements.

What I didn't like, the 5.5 hour round of golf.

.... What is hitting it low?

The current conditions with the 2" or so of rain we got this weekend are probably more your speed...

Guess the course:

IMG_20201022_143321115_HDR.jpg

It's in MA, metro west area.

Playing Shattuck on Sunday.

I'm excited. My golf balls, not so much.

Playing Shattuck on Sunday.

I'm excited. My golf balls, not so much.

We need to recreate the 2 man scramble magic we had there a few years back.

Some pics from Samoset a couple of days ago. Nice course but unfortunately I did not golf it so well. Thats my 83 year old dad in the pic

Attachments

• IMG_6312.jpg
    IMG_6312.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6310.jpg
    IMG_6310.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6306.jpg
    IMG_6306.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 10
I'm a new member and I'm in Amherst, MA. Would love to meet up and play before the season ends! Hoping it doesn't till December this year.

I'm a new member and I'm in Amherst, MA. Would love to meet up and play before the season ends! Hoping it doesn't till December this year.

Welcome! Great group of guys here. When it does end up north a few of us hit the cape in the “offseason”

Welcome! Great group of guys here. When it does end up north a few of us hit the cape in the “offseason”

I've lived here for ten years and I've never been to the Cape! Would love to do that.

Back