New England Members

Played last couple of days getting back out today, two rounds scheduled for the weekend. will definitely get out either tomorrow or Friday as well

Let me know how Butterbrook looks this year... I played 100 plus rounds there two years ago as a member. Interesting place... liked the course but management is a mess. There is zero incentive to be a member, no perk whatsoever. They also refused to publish their event schedule so huge portions of June are blocked out with huge shotgun tournaments. I could have hit 150 rounds if it weren’t so busy with events.

Will do, I like the course but have always thought it's a bit overpriced. I think they can get away with that due to location, not many other decent public courses out that way. I really liked the previous pro, Pete Maki who is now at Wedgewood Pines. Great guy.

Threw my back out picking up a trash bag Monday. Hoping it clears for the Friday-Sunday weekend weather. :oops:

Played last couple of days getting back out today, two rounds scheduled for the weekend. will definitely get out either tomorrow or Friday as well

Save some swings for Sunday. We need that turkey

Save some swings for Sunday. We need that turkey

haha testing the MIM tours in absolute **** conditions Monday was the best swing lol - i’ve digressed to the point where I should just kick the ball down the fairway. putting is solid if i try though 😂

Went out to Northern Spy... what a weird operation. Billed as a “working class private club” it’s a rebadged Townsend Ridge for nearly 4K a year. I wasn’t impressed.

Will do, I like the course but have always thought it's a bit overpriced. I think they can get away with that due to location, not many other decent public courses out that way. I really liked the previous pro, Pete Maki who is now at Wedgewood Pines. Great guy.
I can see that... I paid 2600 and with the 100 plus rounds it was worth the 26 bucks a round or whatever it broke down to. But again, zero perks as a member. I would have preferred to use that money and spread it out playing less golf but more varied.

Nothing special here, just playing DW tomorrow with the normal crew, but hoping to get out later next week before the **** comes... running out of time fellas.
I might try to do the Cape this off-season during decent weather, never done this, but I've thought about it for years.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Played Butterbrook today... in decent shape, greens were Uber soft. Rolled ok.

courses are slammed this weekend, can’t find a tee time before 2pm anywhere.

Playing Westminster CC tomorrow, first time... 35 bucks for 18, not expecting much. Amazed how slammed the courses are around here, hood for them... I’m sure they lost some serious cash during COVID

WTF, playing in a Turkey scramble today shattered my shaft. On a solid stroke too.

Thankfully I had my UST V2 shaft in my car, made a quick run to car after 7 and switched it out. We ended up winning the Turkey scramble lol.

9180E080-9201-4E69-984D-13C9F1AF47A5.jpeg

Attachments

• 7365D498-0C51-4103-8CD9-EF47714C6AB8.jpeg
    7365D498-0C51-4103-8CD9-EF47714C6AB8.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
So my group gets the go-ahead to tee off yesterday at Butternut. We head to the first tee box and then...back to the starter to ask why there are no tee markers?

"Yeah, they took them in for the season"

Did they not see the weather forecast?

Oh well, at least they left the pins out on the greens.

But seriously, how long does it take to drive around and pick up 3 sets of tee markers on each hole? I know the course really well so it wasn't a problem to know which tee boxes to use.

I can see that... I paid 2600 and with the 100 plus rounds it was worth the 26 bucks a round or whatever it broke down to. But again, zero perks as a member. I would have preferred to use that money and spread it out playing less golf but more varied.

Agreed. And speaking of Butternut, I checked their membership rates after things re-opened from Covid thinking it might be worthwhile since I was going to play there a lot. But they wanted $2K and like you said, really no benefits. Claimed to offer 7 day advance tee times, but I was able to do that anyway? Doing the math, it almost made since anyway given the # of rounds I ended up playing there, but no real motivation to pay it all up front.

Yesterday, Superspeed training, Trainfuly training, Range time working on a few things, including speed, short game, putting.

Today - about to Trainfuly and go to range with new training aids

Westminster...woof.
I expected to see a few cows walking around.

Agreed. And speaking of Butternut, I checked their membership rates after things re-opened from Covid thinking it might be worthwhile since I was going to play there a lot. But they wanted $2K and like you said, really no benefits. Claimed to offer 7 day advance tee times, but I was able to do that anyway? Doing the math, it almost made since anyway given the # of rounds I ended up playing there, but no real motivation to pay it all up front.
Yeah... and they won’t publish their event schedule so June will lose about 12-14 days due to huge scramble events. No range either, BB also didn’t include any range balls in the membership. It’s kind of a joke there. They’re nice owners but the woman has a Bentley, for a reason.

What an unbelievable weekend for golf in New England regardless of what month it is. I am going to be sad when this season finally ends.

Three rounds Fri-Sunday polo and shorts for all three and fantastic company as well.

Definitely spoiled

So Butterbrook was in fantastic shape. Agree the greens were soft as usual, spent a bit of time trying to repair some of the craters left by approach shots. Probably helped a lot that the weather was just perfect today, mid 70s, sunny and just a slight breeze. And I was hitting the ball really well which always helps the attitude. I think I had maybe 5 bad shots and 2 bad putts, so pretty good. Great pace of play, only had to wait on 2 or 3 tee boxes. And at $50 to walk, I loved it! Plus the cart girl was out and stopped by to check on us every couple of holes. Really great way to probably finish off the season though we can always hope for a few more warm days...

So Butterbrook was in fantastic shape. Agree the greens were soft as usual, spent a bit of time trying to repair some of the craters left by approach shots. Probably helped a lot that the weather was just perfect today, mid 70s, sunny and just a slight breeze. And I was hitting the ball really well which always helps the attitude. I think I had maybe 5 bad shots and 2 bad putts, so pretty good. Great pace of play, only had to wait on 2 or 3 tee boxes. And at $50 to walk, I loved it! Plus the cart girl was out and stopped by to check on us every couple of holes. Really great way to probably finish off the season though we can always hope for a few more warm days...
I played Friday and it was 45 to walk 9 at 145pm... not bad but not cheap

Back