New England Members

Falmouth CC is open and praying the weather holds out for our Sunday mid morning tee time.

I have 730 tomorrow with a fivesome, course is closed except for us, friends birthday and greenskeeper letting just us out. 😀

2 1/2 hours?

Where? 7:30 is early for me at this time of year.
And Freezing!
Have fun fellas, I feel like winter is never going to end in Central Ma!

And we’re off lol!

624120EB-D4D9-4AE7-AD48-91EB32873F66.jpeg

Other than left side #1, no snow, and it was really nice out there today. No wind really, had a great round with 2 birdies and last one on 18 to close it out. Awesome day.

Played The Captains today in Brewster. Tees and greens open and frankly in pretty good shape for February in New England. The simulator time has been helping some I hit it well. The greens even rolled pretty good for having been punched and sanded.

Hello again Cape Codders - looking for recommendations today. So we've settled in on 5/19 - 5/21, and the deal we're looking at offers 36 for the price of 18 for the Dennis courses (Pines and Highlands). That leaves us with a Wednesday afternoon and Friday morning 18 to figure out. We're looking for a less difficult opener for Wednesday, and then perhaps more of a challenge (since in theory our swings will be ready by Friday) for Friday. Also looking for whatever the quintessential Cape Cod golf feel is, if that exists :LOL: Below is the list of courses to choose from for Wednesday, we'll be booking the Friday round separately so we can go about anywhere. In my preliminary research Bayberry seemed like it would fit the bill (based on slope) for a good opener. So THPers, what course(s) would you recommend as a fun opener on Wednesday and a perhaps more challenging wrap-up on Friday?
  • Bass River Golf Course
  • Bayberry Hills Golf Course
  • Cape Cod Country Club
  • Captains Golf Course
  • Crosswinds Golf Club
  • Falmouth Country Club
  • Holly Ridge Golf Club
  • Quashnet Valley Country Club
  • Sandwich Hollows Golf Club

It's 44º right now...tomorrow morning the windchills will be -5º to -10º. Only in New England, lol.

Hello again Cape Codders - looking for recommendations today. So we've settled in on 5/19 - 5/21, and the deal we're looking at offers 36 for the price of 18 for the Dennis courses (Pines and Highlands). That leaves us with a Wednesday afternoon and Friday morning 18 to figure out. We're looking for a less difficult opener for Wednesday, and then perhaps more of a challenge (since in theory our swings will be ready by Friday) for Friday. Also looking for whatever the quintessential Cape Cod golf feel is, if that exists :LOL: Below is the list of courses to choose from for Wednesday, we'll be booking the Friday round separately so we can go about anywhere. In my preliminary research Bayberry seemed like it would fit the bill (based on slope) for a good opener. So THPers, what course(s) would you recommend as a fun opener on Wednesday and a perhaps more challenging wrap-up on Friday?
  • Bass River Golf Course
  • Bayberry Hills Golf Course
  • Cape Cod Country Club
  • Captains Golf Course
  • Crosswinds Golf Club
  • Falmouth Country Club
  • Holly Ridge Golf Club
  • Quashnet Valley Country Club
  • Sandwich Hollows Golf Club

I have played the Captains golf courses (including the Starboard course yesterday) and they are nice courses. I played Bayberry a long time ago and remembered it was pretty decent. Crosswinds is actually in Plymouth and off Cape but about an hour towards home for you depending on where you are staying.

The Captains has 36 holes and the trees between the holes are super clean so if you play the right tees you don’t lose many balls and it is not a bad walk either if you are looking to walk.

I have played the Captains golf courses (including the Starboard course yesterday) and they are nice courses. I played Bayberry a long time ago and remembered it was pretty decent. Crosswinds is actually in Plymouth and off Cape but about an hour towards home for you depending on where you are staying.

The Captains has 36 holes and the trees between the holes are super clean so if you play the right tees you don’t lose many balls and it is not a bad walk either if you are looking to walk.
Oh nice, I'd kind of written off the Captains due to their slope but not losing balls is a huge key for our group :ROFLMAO:. Thanks for the input!

Just got back from Florida played couple of 9's and 18's in the Englewood and then down ion the Naples area. Was really nice to be out in the warmth. Golfed Ok for first time hitting since October. Stayed in the upper 80's, working on some swing changes a bit still need work.

Now back to some skiing until courses open up here

Just got back from Florida played couple of 9's and 18's in the Englewood and then down ion the Naples area. Was really nice to be out in the warmth. Golfed Ok for first time hitting since October. Stayed in the upper 80's, working on some swing changes a bit still need work.

Now back to some skiing until courses open up here
Nice!!! That's my idea of golf in winter.... unfortunately, my busy time of year is winter, so i never am able to get away... figures!!

Hey again fellas, I'll keep this one a little shorter. We've narrowed it down to Bayberry Hills, Bass River, or a Captains course for our Wednesday opener. Per my brother "Long as we don't pick something super tight and unforgiving". Do those courses fit that bill? Any feedback on any of those courses is appreciated.

It's been a while since I played Captain's, but I don't think either of the courses there are tight/unforgiving. I've never played the other two.

Bayberry Hills has more trees than Bass River, but it's not overly tight. I like Bayberry better.

I don’t find either course at The Captains to be that tight. I haven’t played Bayberry or Bass River in years.

Back