New England Members

Played there a few weeks ago and thought it was in really good shape. I do think their planned work on the tee boxes is needed, but that's a pretty low priority in the grand scheme of things.

I heard the same thing from a friend who played it yesterday, so that's good to hear. It's one of my favorite layouts.

It was amazing. Totally recommend

I got a gift card to Red Tail before the course was sold... I’m having a hard time getting an answer as to what the hell is going on. My brother purchased it online and it said a physical card would be mailed. That never happened. Phone calls are left with “we’ll figure this out and get back to you”.

Unless they make major changes I’m kind of over the place. Luckily I’ve made friends with a few dudes who play out of Renaissance and Vesper, the guest fee is the same as Red Tail.
I played Redtail a couple weeks ago. It was not in tip top shape as it always had been in previous rounds there. If you bought the gift card with a credit card I would go through them to get your money back.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Played Widows Walk today. Place was virtually empty. A bit of rain for the first few holes, but fine after that. Plus, only $32 to walk for seniors.

Anyone around this week?? I am on vacation and It's been too long since I played with THPers!!!

E330740F-F187-4CD7-A09E-F619090045CB.jpeg
vesper... so nice, short... but HARD, green speed really killed me. Amazing how I can break 80 at so many courses but private clubs is a different story. 91. Ugh.

I was fortunate to play Wianno in Osterville on Wednesday. Great layout with some of the best greens I've ever played in my life. Short course but typical Ross greens were the defense.

Attachments

• WIANNO (6).jpg
    WIANNO (6).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 14
  • WIANNO (5).jpg
    WIANNO (5).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 14
  • WIANNO (4).jpg
    WIANNO (4).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 14
  • WIANNO (3).jpg
    WIANNO (3).jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 14
  • WIANNO.jpg
    WIANNO.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 14
  • WIANNO (2).jpg
    WIANNO (2).jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 12
Played Widows Walk today. Place was virtually empty. A bit of rain for the first few holes, but fine after that. Plus, only $32 to walk for seniors.

Same at CT National Saturday. We went out at 8:30 and I think there was maybe 1 foursome out on the course ahead of us? They had the rough pretty juicy so it was a tough go if you missed the fairway.

Their restaurant is still closed which is kind of odd, not sure what's going on there....

Same at CT National Saturday. We went out at 8:30 and I think there was maybe 1 foursome out on the course ahead of us? They had the rough pretty juicy so it was a tough go if you missed the fairway.

Their restaurant is still closed which is kind of odd, not sure what's going on there....

That's a great course. You use every club in your bag, and the greens can be tricky.

Played 18 today and it was nice that the course was pretty much empty. I guess 90+ degrees is too hot.

Hi all - so I'm wondering if anyone would be up for meeting up for an earlyish morning round on Saturday, July 24th. I'm thinking tee off between 730 and 8 at one of the following courses.

Chicopee Country Club
Ledges Golf Club
Westover Golf Club
Tekoa Country Club

All of these courses are located about 1hr15 from where I'm staying Friday night, and leave me a roughly 2 hour drive home after. Anyone interested?

Played 18 today and it was nice that the course was pretty much empty. I guess 90+ degrees is too hot.

Heh, I turned down a chance to play Shaker Hills Monday because they were teeing off at 2 pm. 95 degrees and 70 dew point just isn't my idea of fun.

And of course now we have 50s and rain, my game for tomorrow is getting canceled as well. :(

Need to move somewhere with better weather.

Heh, I turned down a chance to play Shaker Hills Monday because they were teeing off at 2 pm. 95 degrees and 70 dew point just isn't my idea of fun.

And of course now we have 50s and rain, my game for tomorrow is getting canceled as well. :(

Need to move somewhere with better weather.

It's close to a 40º difference in temperature. Pretty crazy.

very quiet on this thread of late. This weather is very disappointing. Hopefully everyone is still getting out there. The courses are very wet

I played yesterday at Rocky Ridge in Saint George, VT. A really awesome course but it sits down in a valley and with all the rain it was soaked. Rained hard all morning and dealt with standing water on several greens, and even after it stopped several cups were filled right up with water.

Dropping this back in here. I'm wondering if anyone would be up for meeting up for an earlyish morning round on Saturday, July 24th. I'm thinking tee off between 730 and 8 at one of the following courses.

Chicopee Country Club
Ledges Golf Club
Westover Golf Club
Tekoa Country Club

All of these courses are located about 1hr15 from where I'm staying Friday night, and leave me a roughly 2 hour drive home after. Anyone interested?

I played yesterday at Rocky Ridge in Saint George, VT. A really awesome course but it sits down in a valley and with all the rain it was soaked. Rained hard all morning and dealt with standing water on several greens, and even after it stopped several cups were filled right up with water.
same with us last sunday, standing water, cups filled with water and greens dead slow

same with us last sunday, standing water, cups filled with water and greens dead slow
It was very difficult for me to adjust to the conditions. Some of that is because I'm not good, but I just couldn't get accustomed to the ball stopping dead on my chips and pitches. It looked cool, as I can sometimes get a hop and stop on purpose but many times that was not my goal and it happened anyway :LOL:

It was very difficult for me to adjust to the conditions. Some of that is because I'm not good, but I just couldn't get accustomed to the ball stopping dead on my chips and pitches. It looked cool, as I can sometimes get a hop and stop on purpose but many times that was not my goal and it happened anyway :LOL:
I agree. there was one hole that when you stepped on the fairway the whole section sunk a bit and another section rose up. There was so much water under the turf layer

I was fortunate to play Wianno in Osterville on Wednesday. Great layout with some of the best greens I've ever played in my life. Short course but typical Ross greens were the defense.
Playing at Wianno tomorrow… super pumped.

B9A8A6AE-42AC-41EE-99EF-F3CAADC63AA8.jpeg2FE04288-D3E1-42FD-9A16-81EAB61BF57C.jpeg
Wianno, how the other half lives… I could get used to this place. Immaculate conditions, great land movement, perfectly placed bunkers and pure greens. It’s places like this that make you realize you aren’t a bad putter, you just normally play on some real **** greens. All of a sudden you see 4-8-12 footers dropping. The only knock on the place is a short range with mats. Otherwise, I loved everything about it… and a sick logo to boot.

Anyone play Owl's Nest in central NH? I will be playing it next weekend and just wanted to get an idea what to expect.

Played Blackstone National Friday morning and am happy to report they seem to have recovered from their problems suffered during the drought of last year, course is in nice condition. Of course now they have some problems due to all the rain this month, but a lot of that is mainly erosion on cart paths and some other areas not all that critical to the course itself.

Back