New Game Golf system

Would love to pick up one of these but just can't justify the price at this point. Play a round once a week or so and would love to see what my actual distances are
Get on eBay and search around. Most of them run around $175 or so, but I snagged one that had just been listed (at $150), for $110 with the "Best Offer" option. Deals can be had if you're patient.

Get on eBay and search around. Most of them run around $175 or so, but I snagged one that had just been listed (at $150), for $110 with the "Best Offer" option. Deals can be had if you're patient.
I look at eBay off and on. Just got to stay on there. That is a very good deal

So those of you guys that have them, do you still recommend an average golfer to pick this up. I am really thinking hard about picking this up.

I think it depends on what you consider to be an average golfer. Someone who's only mildly interested in seeing how far their shots go, no, I don't think they'd get a whole lot out of it. I think if you're looking to really dial in distances, or determine how accurate you are from a given yardage or off the tee so you can make the most of your lessons and practice time, it's worth it. I'm trying to increase the efficiency of my practice, it helps to know that my putting is what's driving up my scores...is it lag putting, or missing too many 6-8 footers? Discovering I'm as accurate from 170 yards as I am from 140 yards is definitely something that influences what club I hit off the tee.

I think it's an aid to drive practice and lessons toward where I can improve, rather than something that tells me how far my 7 iron goes.

I just confirmed that this won't work on a Chromebook, so the golfpad gps tags are pretty much my only option. Besides the social interaction, it seems to be more in line with what I want anyway, which is something that's app based.

So those of you guys that have them, do you still recommend an average golfer to pick this up. I am really thinking hard about picking this up.
Yes. I'm a below-average golfer and I am stat-driven to succeed. This fits my game improvement program.

Any golfer who is looking to improve their game and practices can definitely get a benefit from Game Golf. Besides bringing you back to reality as far as your club distances are concerned, the stats provided can show you what parts of your game need the most work, where your misses are, etc.

Thanks guys. I am looking forward to really improving my game this year and get more consistent scores. I just purchased my first membership at my local course and gonna to try to get out as much as possible. I never have kept stats but feel something like this will help me understand where my game needs the most work. I feel maybe this to really give me a understanding of how far I hit along with where my struggles are could help take my game to a new level. Thanks for your guys input.

As others have said, it really depends on what you are looking to do. I think it can be very useful in a bunch of ways. Yes, you can get the "truth" about your distances. That's pretty important. From an improvement standpoint, if you take your "stats" to a lesson, it could be a great way for your teacher to see where shots are being lost.

I also got mine for <150. Based on what I was seeing, price-wise, anything 150 or under is going to be pretty good for a new unit.

I just confirmed that this won't work on a Chromebook, so the golfpad gps tags are pretty much my only option. Besides the social interaction, it seems to be more in line with what I want anyway, which is something that's app based.

Your Chromebook is your only USB-based option for hooking-up the unit and syncing? That's a bummer.

Yep. I haven't had the need for a PC in a couple years since most things have become Web or app based. I have found that most things that are PC based that require software loaded have better alternatives that are Web based. This is no different, after looking at the Golf Pad GPS setup, it offers more functionality, a better interface, and is half the price. So no worries.

Yep. I haven't had the need for a PC in a couple years since most things have become Web or app based. I have found that most things that are PC based that require software loaded have better alternatives that are Web based. This is no different, after looking at the Golf Pad GPS setup, it offers more functionality, a better interface, and is half the price. So no worries.
I'm not trying to swing the thread to GolfPad but if you do pick this up...let me know how it works out for you...this option intrigues me because it is similar to game golf and much cheaper...for now

Definitely keep us up to date if you go with the Golf Pad setup. Would be very interesting to see the differences with "real" users and data.

I thought this was interesting about the scoring end of my bag on a range of swings. From the few shots I've hit with each club, I think I've done well with club spacing.

b2db98da981207a02715cb714a61cb96.jpg

I´m trying mine out for the first time today. Don´t how many holes I have time for, light might be an issue. It´s cool to see rounds you guys have done so far.

Here's a couple of screenshots from my app with 24 rounds:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427200047.669183.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427200056.247960.jpg

As you can see, my tee shots are evenly split left and right but I know I can try for the back right of any green on approach shots to improve my chance at a GIR since I most often come up short left.

Here's a couple of screenshots from my app with 24 rounds:

View attachment 19254

View attachment 19255

As you can see, my tee shots are evenly split left and right but I know I can try for the back right of any green on approach shots to improve my chance at a GIR since I most often come up short left.

Like that visual - wish Arccos had that within the app

I love my version of those stats. So skewed off to one side. Like Penn said, it definitely helps you figure out what you need to do to drop your score.

9e5c73213730eb8d717f5668ac8e8ceb.jpg

a02d55c87946630ed32db8f9425f33ce.jpg

First round done. Only 10 holes because of lack of light. Picked it up on hole 7 and 8 after some horrible golf. Had no problem with taging my shots. This is going to change how I review my rounds for sure.

I am stoked. Bethpage may finally open up this Sunday and I can start calling in for reservations this Friday for next weekend when they open up all courses except the Black course. Will play 36 and Game Golf each one of them.

Technology is amazing, cant wait to see what future versions or other options come out. For now, I might have to get one of these.

You should!

I'm going to give this system a try. I'm 15 rounds into Arccos and I'm not loving it. It misses way too many shots and yes Arccos the phone is in my back pocket. I'm not just talking chips or putts but full shots are completely missed. The problem is it throws off distance tracking and scoring. It's very frustrating for a system that cost 2x golf game.

I'm going to give this system a try. I'm 15 rounds into Arccos and I'm not loving it. It misses way too many shots and yes Arccos the phone is in my back pocket. I'm not just talking chips or putts but full shots are completely missed. The problem is it throws off distance tracking and scoring. It's very frustrating for a system that cost 2x golf game.

If you decide to move the arcoss I might be interested. It intrigues me

Back