Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
Some of you never have an offseason. In a way, I am jealous. On the other hand, it is nice to be able to step back, take a little break from actually playing and feel that excitement build in anticipation of a new golf season.

I have not been able to play for over a month. I was cleaning my clubs last night. I have a bag right now where every single club is one I will look forward to hitting. I feel this great sense of excitement. Never had a bag that fits me so well. I don’t think I would feel this way if there hadn’t been a break.

Do any of you sort of enjoy the break and letting this anticipation build?

Last edited:
My off-season started today... Already chomping at the bit to get back.

Lived in CT, had a break but would travel to shorten it. Moved to Florida upon retirement...No break, well playing in 95 plus in August....well maybe the break became applicable at a different time...Ha...Now in VA and can play all year no problem. Hmmm

In Oklahoma I would say we have an off-season. Usually December and January are too cold to play golf. If I buy any golf equipment during the break I get excited to get back out there. Never had a full bag I was satisfied with.

i live in ma our off season goes to indoor golf so still keep our swings in toon till the course reopens

As long as it is not too wet here in Dallas area, I can get out so far each weekend. February typically brings in the freezing rain or snow storms so will see what February brings this year. You know, with global warming and all. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am spending an arm and a leg hitting on sims this winter. Two lessons. Two leagues. Testing different clubs. I've never done this before. It is not scratching the itch; in fact it is building my excitement for the upcoming season. I can't wait to get out and play real golf. I have season goals. I have allocated a budget to my golf addiction. I'm ready right now. And ... it's still winter and will be for some time. :cautious:

Definitely have an off season. Usually from the endo of October or early November until early April. Always look forward to teeing it up when the season starts. I usually enjoy the break and focus working on my flexibility and conditioning. Usually, I never pick up a club during the off season and wait until the season starts. This year is quite different. I'm preoccupied with selecting new clubs (thanks to Cobra and THP) and will be spending time demoing the new offerings.

Starting month 2 of my off season and still 3 to go! Going absolutely insane! ????

So ya think its funny @GoldenBuff ? I hope you have 5 more months! ??

My off season is entirely too long. I do a lot of carpet putting and hit a simulator once in awhile. I will be ready to go once the weather warms up again, which I’ll be t least 45 days from now.

Haven't had much of an offseason up here since I'm in a sim league and go every Saturday as well. But I'd be lying if I didn't miss hitting outside. I have seven clubs in my bag that I got in December that I've only hit indoors. I'm dying to hit these things on real grass

Montana and Maine, two places that spring to mind when I think of golfing in January. #nomorewinter
To be fair, where I'm at in Montana, it's supposed to be 60 on Saturday so being outside is a real possibility as long as you can get a tee in the ground :) Even though it's February lol

Some of you never have an offseason. In a way, I am jealous. On the other hand, it is nice to be able to step back, take a little break from actually playing and feel that excitement build in anticipation of a new golf season.

I have not been able to play for over a month. I was cleaning my clubs last night. I have a bag right now where every single club is one I will look forward to hitting. I feel this great sense of excitement. Never had a bag that fits me so well. I don’t think I would feel this way if there hadn’t been a break.

Do any of you sort of enjoy the break and letting this anticipation build?
I'd be ok if the break was small. Like 2-3 months. A 5-6 month break sucks. I suppose I could play more than I do in the colder weather but I choose not to. Our "official" golf season is April thru October. A whopping 6 months :rolleyes:

Still waiting for my first round of 2020...….impatiently waiting! Not relishing the wait!

At least you have a team going to the Super Bowl to tide you over.

Usually we can get out in the winter time if there isn't snow on the ground or an inversion & if we get both at the same time it sucks! We have been in & out of inversion all of Jan & praying for no more inversions so we can get back out there.

I live in NY, and the boxes of new things are starting to pile up. Try to get to the range a few times and hit balls, chip and putt so I don't get to far off. My season officially kicks off in Feb with a trip to Orlando.

No off season in NC but I seem to go weeks without playing throughout the year so I still get the anticipation.

Not sure if I could go back to a 3-4 month off season.

Nope, No off-season. I played a lot between October and the holidays. It's been a bit slower since then, but now that it is starting to warm up and get dryer I'll be ramping up again soon.

Virginia is a strange place to be for a golf season. The weather is never consistent at all so some winters we are i. The 60s some days and others we have a foot of snow in the ground. I personally do not welcome a break or off season. I like to get out and practice and grind. If it is at least 45* and the wind is not blowing I going to either practice or play. We have been somewhat fortunate this year in my area as we have only seen snow 1 time this winter and that one did not amount to anything here but 20 minutes away had courses closed for 2 days. We had weather in the 60s the week of Christmas and have some nice mid 50s days too.

I have progressed more in my golf game in the last 2-3 months of playing and practicing in the winter then I did all spring and summer last year. No rest for me!

No. I would rather be playing. We have heated bays with TopTracer Range, so I can hit balls and play sim golf, but it isn't the same. I played 175 official rounds last year, and it never got stale.

Only off season I've had was due to injury and I was out almost 5 months. That was not fun and I can't imagine having to do that on a consistent basis. Sometime I'll have a couple weeks between rounds and even that is too much. Always like having that next thing to look forward to, like you are saying, just don't want to look to far forward for it.

Back