New golfer from So. IL

mklehnen

Reaction score
Handicap
unk
I decided to take up golf this fall and have got my wife and kids interested as well. My wife and I took a few lessons before the weather turned bad and so far are enjoying it. We own almost nothing and haven't actually golfed on a course yet (save the one time I went that started this). We are going to have to start buying stuff this Christmas so we can start this spring.

I have found this website to be one of my favorites particularly from a beginner or amateur perspective. It has been very helpful as I research many topics trying to decide what to buy to start our golfing career.

Welcome to Paradise Mklehnen. Were mostly Hackers here, so feel right at home.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. We are glad you found us. We have a teaching pro here that is available to answer questions for you. We also have video on our home page that is up each week with tips and drills to assist. Right now we have our education on sand trap play up there.

Hello and Welcome :)

Welcome ot THP. Enjoy!

Welcome aboard! It's cool that you are getting into it with your family. My wife can't stand golf, check that, she doesn't mind golf but hates golf course development. We've had some firecracker conversations around the house.

I'm glad to have another Illinois-er on board. I might be in Indiana now, but Illinois will always be home. There's a lot of info here so soak all you can in and have some fun swingin the sticks!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome, Mcklehnen. There are some pretty good courses in your neck of the woods (near collinsville and fairview heights). I play down there about twice a year.

Hope you enjoy the game of golf.

Welcome!

Lots of different views of where southern Ill starts, from the south end of the Dan Ryan, to anything within a 10 miles of Cairo.

When you do get out and playing, there are some fun courses around, and fun people playing on them.

Welcome aboard, there are plenty of reviews on equipment to help you spend your money here.

Back