New Guitar on the way

Cobra

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.7
Yes. Hard to beat Sweetwater. I did have a hiccup in this purchase but they resolved it quickly. That's a sweet guitar as well!
This was my first purchase from Sweetwater, and I really like that they do at least a rudimentary setup on the guitar before they send it to you. The intonation was set, action was perfect, and it was even somewhat in tune when I got it (taking into consideration the stretch of new strings). I've bought a few guitars from other places and they just ship them however the manufacturer sent them and let you worry about the details. Their communication was great too - all the EVH guitars were backordered for over a month, and my sales guy did a good job of keeping me updated on the progress of my order via phone calls and e-mail. I'll definitely buy from Sweetwater again.

(Sorry for momentarily derailing your thread, @Tenputt - and glad to hear your new guitar has you excited about playing again!)

Boone

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Yes - they have a very good reputation and seem to have it down to a fine art.

HarlettoScara

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Buckeyegolfnut

Reaction score
Handicap
About a 14
Juber was lead guitarist for Paul McCartney and Wings near the end of the band’s run. He is now a fingerstyle player. He plays a lot of incredible covers, turned into instrumentals. There are so many great guitarists who are fun to listen to. For some reason, acoustic guitar is extremely soothing and relaxing to me. Give Juber a listen. You’ll like him.
That I will do. BTW, about 10 years ago I got to see Dave Mason in concert at a very small, intimate venue in my area. My Sis found out about it and told me, even though she lives way farther away from the site than I do! She's an absolute geek for live music. So, we bought "reserved seat" tix for the show. Then I started wondering if we were going to be the only 2 fools that did! I needn't have worried. The place was packed! I think we broke every fire code there is! And there were only about 30 reserve seats and we sat about 10 feet away from the performers.

Mason was accompanied by a son of John McEuen, one of the early members of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band! It was basically a retrospective of Mason's career, starting with Traffic up to the present day. What a show! What surprised me, however, was that he was playing Alvarez-Yairi acoustics. I have one of those! A new music store was opening in town, and they needed help with the wine for their grand opening party. So, I helped them out, even showing up and working at the party. Big success. The guy tells me he can get me a big discount on anything I want.

My step-brother played some, so I dragged him down there, put him in a chair, and pulled guitars off the wall and put them in his hands. When I hit that A-Y, it just boomed! What a voice that guitar had! It's a model DY45. I can't honestly say that I "play" it, but I really enjoy noodling around on it.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in