New Izod pants are nothing like the older pants - very disappointed.

Luchnia

You will never conquer golf.
Reaction score
Handicap
I have two older pair of Izod pants and they are simply as good as good can get and they are my favorite golf pants. The wife and I figured I would pick up two more pair. Here is the deal we searched around until we found what we thought were the same pants. Ordered them and got them in and they are nothing like my older Izods. I am very disappointed. They keep wrinkles, are thinner, fit is not good, only one back pocket, and so on.

It is my guess that Izod like many manufacturers have "farmed out" these pants to some country to save money and have not put the same standards on them producing basically crap pants. I am frustrated, but bought my last two pair of Izod pants.

Surprising how a company can dump quality for the sake of money. How often do we see this in these times. Ok, my disappointment and disgust remains, but my rant is over and Izod lost a customer.

I haven't tried any new ones, but agree that ones that I have from 4-5 years ago are solid. Great price, durable, and very comfortable. Disappointed to see your post.

Most likely Izod had farmed out they're product even 4-5 years ago, probably just a new factory, new material blend, etc. It could even be a new "model"..vlike if the old ones were the Izod A's the new ones are the Izod C's.

The A's may still be out there and available, just have to know the model or item name/number.

But yeah it sucks when quality is different/poorer withing same product but different production/years. Hopefully you can find the original ones you have that are good

I have been in the apparel business for a long time. The ones you wore several years ago were also farmed out but it appears to a better farm. Usually brands stay with a successful fabric so if they change the manufatucer it shouldnt influence the product or the fit. Often, the factory wants more money to make the same goods thinking the brand wont move. Brands are always looking to move to other countries for cheaper goods which equals more profit.

Yep. Nothing is made now like it was a few years ago.

Yep. Nothing is made now like it was a few decades ago.
Fixed your post. Apparel hasn't been made the way anyone thinks it is for decades. I worked for a shipping company and one of our biggest customers was Fruit Of The Loom in Bowli ng Green, KY. They made men's underwear there. When we got a truckload of pallets from them we broke it down and distributed for them. They made all kinds of other brands of underwear like Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, American Eagle, Express For Men, Abercrombie & Fitch, etc.

I would guess a lot of performance type material clothing is made either overseas or companies like Russell Athletic and Champion make a lot of stuff with different branding on it.

I have two older pair of Izod pants and they are simply as good as good can get and they are my favorite golf pants. The wife and I figured I would pick up two more pair. Here is the deal we searched around until we found what we thought were the same pants. Ordered them and got them in and they are nothing like my older Izods. I am very disappointed. They keep wrinkles, are thinner, fit is not good, only one back pocket, and so on.

It is my guess that Izod like many manufacturers have "farmed out" these pants to some country to save money and have not put the same standards on them producing basically crap pants. I am frustrated, but bought my last two pair of Izod pants.

Surprising how a company can dump quality for the sake of money. How often do we see this in these times. Ok, my disappointment and disgust remains, but my rant is over and Izod lost a customer.
I have run into the same issue. I have a pair of Izod pants from a while back the fabric is nice. They have to have nice stuff as Leishman wears it on tour...

Can you let us know what model you bought and where from so others dont make the same mistake.

Back