New JDM Driver Head

kuyaariel

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Sold the Mavrik Max. Bought a JDM head in favor of a JDM head. Never hit it, or even heard of it. It's a Kamui+a head. Couldn't find anything online about it except a site that I had to Google translate that said its a model that hasn't been released yet. Good enough for me.

Pulled the Tour AD shaft from the Mavrik Max and currently drying. Didn't come with a headcover so I bought a Sunfish.20200604_172519.jpg20200604_172529.jpg20200604_172933.jpg

Expect high launch, spinny and left.
Pretty much the goal of that head.

That looks like it’s based off the old Covert :ROFLMAO:

So, pretty much the same as the Mavrik Max

It's got a nice shape... I like the headcover you picked too.

@JB - and would it have a more metallic sound, like an old Titleist?

So, pretty much the same as the Mavrik Max

This will spin much more than the Max, which is still moderate spin. Forgiving head, that I know quite well, sound is “unique” and this one is a slicer’s dream as not only is it quite offset, it has extra weight in the heel.

I like the shape of it too. I compared it to the rest of the JDM drivers I have here and they are all pretty similar20200604_193957.jpg20200604_194049.jpg

have you hit this one?
This will spin much more than the Max, which is still moderate spin. Forgiving head, that I know quite well, sound is “unique” and this one is a slicer’s dream as not only is it quite offset, it has extra weight in the heel.

As said, yes. It is very similar to their 200 II in my opinion, other than it spun more.
I apologize. I was having such a hard time finding info on this I assumed these were pretty rare. At least I know this is a true Kamui.
So high, left, and spinny. I think I can live with that. You also mentioned forgiving, which I need. Any other impressions?

can’t that be said about a lot of jdm stuff?

Back