New Level Golf - 902 Forged Irons

It’ll be fun, best part is regardless of which set ends up on top, I’m happy. Been a minute since I could say that. Could easily game these, the Miura, or my Mizunos this year.

Happy is all that matters. I think you are correct all 3 of those sets can be games for sure. Going to be a fun golf season my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was funny in the same vein as that empty chip beer pong or whatever booth picture.

Elevates arrived today. Hopefully tip weights tomorrow so I can build and have ready by Thursday.

Awwwwww yeah! Tip weights have arrived!

Work shall be done tonight!

Awesome. Please compare them to you Miuras when completed! Thanks!

Awwwwww yeah! Tip weights have arrived!

Work shall be done tonight!

Awesome. Please compare them to you Miuras when completed! Thanks!

I def plan on getting some data since they will be same shafts/builds now!

Awesome. Thanks.

I have some CB-2008 and I'm just "eh" about them. The New Level irons you have look similar to the Scott Forged I once had (and wish I still had) and felt these were better for me. Not sure if I was hitting the ball better then or what.

My personal take on the convo above-

I like the 1031s. On about 80% of the days were my swing is not quite as crappy I REALLY like them, the feel they provide, and the ball flight I get from them. On my worse days though, I do feel some more tech and forgiveness would help big time. They're not going anywhere because I want to get my swing to where those 20% of the days go away, in addition to the cost factor of replacing them.

Since getting them though, his social media presence has become a bit more annoying to me. If I had to do it over right now, after those comments, I'd probably look in another direction. Multiple sets have been released since summer that I feel could be very good fits. I've seen some other social media takes from companies I also support that I don't approve of (some things that seem petty imo), but the volume and frequency from Eric is higher. It's one thing to be passionate about your brand, which he is, but something else comes across and I'm just not a fan of that.

If he can change the tone on his tweets I'd be fully on board again. Imo, his products should have a niche in the marketplace.

My personal take on the convo above-

I like the 1031s. On about 80% of the days were my swing is not quite as crappy I REALLY like them, the feel they provide, and the ball flight I get from them. On my worse days though, I do feel some more tech and forgiveness would help big time. They're not going anywhere because I want to get my swing to where those 20% of the days go away, in addition to the cost factor of replacing them.

Since getting them though, his social media presence has become a bit more annoying to me. If I had to do it over right now, after those comments, I'd probably look in another direction. Multiple sets have been released since summer that I feel could be very good fits. I've seen some other social media takes from companies I also support that I don't approve of (some things that seem petty imo), but the volume and frequency from Eric is higher. It's one thing to be passionate about your brand, which he is, but something else comes across and I'm just not a fan of that.

If he can change the tone on his tweets I'd be fully on board again. Imo, his products should have a niche in the marketplace.

Do you know where do these fall in forgiveness/workability when compared to some OEM heads? Similar to the Mizuno MP 18 MMCs or Ping i200s?

Do you know where do these fall in forgiveness/workability when compared to some OEM heads? Similar to the Mizuno MP 18 MMCs or Ping i200s?

Never have hit (nor seen) the MMC. Hit the Ping only once so it's unfair to give a true apples to apples. Visually, the 1031 was longer heel to toe and has more offset. Both were easy to get up in the air. I'd guess with the tech the i200s have they could be just as if not more forgiving despite having a smaller profile. Imho, in terms of feel there was no contest though, in favor of the NL.

The 902's would be a good comparison with the MP18 SC, and the 1031's more the MMC's and i200's for sure.

The 902's would be a good comparison with the MP18 SC, and the 1031's more the MMC's and i200's for sure.

Perfect. The 1031's would be ideal for me then. I am teetering on ordering them soon. You gamed the i200s for quite awhile if I recall. Do you know if the 1031s launch and spin similar to the i200s? I know which shafts work for me with that head, but don't want to assume the 1031s are the same.

Perfect. The 1031's would be ideal for me then. I am teetering on ordering them soon. You gamed the i200s for quite awhile if I recall. Do you know if the 1031s launch and spin similar to the i200s? I know which shafts work for me with that head, but don't want to assume the 1031s are the same.

I've only hit @Canadan 1031's a handful of times so I don't have too much detail there, I'd bet though they spin a touch more than the i200's, but that is pure speculation on my part.

I won’t know anything about New Level without THP. Beautiful clubs and the reviews from guys here whose words I respect. I hope his social media enthusiasm doesn’t turn against the company. It would seem they are on a positive path and will see huge increases. All business go through the initial growth cycle. J wish them luck

1031's are a tough sample to really nail down with the strong lofting. After a recent trip to Club Champion it makes a heck of a lot more sense why I got along with them so well.

Weight is centered, so awesome contact there, and big time workability, but a bit of a loss as you move to the toe and heel sections. Probably why so many golfers are digging the 902 the way they do. Wish I'd spent more time with them.

Got the heads all pulled yesterday after some resistance, damn TGI didn’t want to budge.

Hopeful to install shafts tonight for some either Friday or weekend play.

Got the heads all pulled yesterday after some resistance, damn TGI didn’t want to budge.

Hopeful to install shafts tonight for some either Friday or weekend play.

@Jman how's this coming along? Is the weather and your build schedule going to allow for some play?

@Jman how's this coming along? Is the weather and your build schedule going to allow for some play?

Not until Monday or Tuesday now, have to wait in shims, I forgot I was out and never reordered.

You can always to the beer can trick! I've done it a few times when I run out of shims.

Not until Monday or Tuesday now, have to wait in shims, I forgot I was out and never reordered.

You can always to the beer can trick! I've done it a few times when I run out of shims.

Yeah, I have too, but, I need to re-stock anyways to Monday will have to do!

Found enough shims. Building now.

Elevate X100 +1/4 with UTx Grey Mids, with 7g tip weight gets me to D4.5 5-9 and D5.5 in the PW.

Beautiful.

Found enough shims. Building now.

Elevate X100 +1/4 with UTx Grey Mids, with 7g tip weight gets me to D4.5 5-9 and D5.5 in the PW.

Beautiful.

not as heavy as I thought you were playing them. Have fun with them

not as heavy as I thought you were playing them. Have fun with them

Oh, total weight is def heavy haha, but yeah most sets I always order in the D5 range

Epoxy initial cure is done. Time to turn the ferrules and install the grips.

Bummer, one club fell and the shaft label rotated, but I can go back and fix that later.

It is done.

Ferrules turned.

Grips installed.

Epoxy cured.

In my bag for time on course tomorrow.

Back