New Level MODB-1 Irons

The Dave

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Searched and didn't see any information on these irons. Look to be similar in design to most of the other game improvement irons, but right now with the sale New Level has right now, these can be had for cheap. Are they any good? Anyone have experience with them?

Also saw on their site they have New Level branded shafts. What are the specs on those or who produces them for New Level?

Thanks in advance

There have been a lot of threads with New Level feedback on THP in the past, but I'm not sure I've seen much on the MOBD-1.

560 on the site? They've really altered their iron prices to support golfers.

There have been a lot of threads with New Level feedback on THP in the past, but I'm not sure I've seen much on the MOBD-1.

560 on the site? They've really altered their iron prices to support golfers.

It was on twitter yesterday. The lower prices are due to what is going on, rather than a full time structure change.

I think I read that the MODB-1 was released in December 2019 at least on their social media

It was on twitter yesterday. The lower prices are due to what is going on, rather than a full time structure change.
Well hopefully their sales bump up and quantity over cost moves forward.

...And cleaner socials

...And cleaner socials
Agree on the top part, for sure.

You and I both know the CLUBS are good, quite good actually, but sometimes the rest of the picture gets a little cloudy.

...And cleaner socials

When asked about that this week, the response was as expected. 😳

When asked about that this week, the response was as expected. 😳
I noticed there was a little kerfuffle going on at one point last week.

Agree on the top part, for sure.

You and I both know the CLUBS are good, quite good actually, but sometimes the rest of the picture gets a little cloudy.

They clubs are quite good. But yes the other stuff muddies the water a bit.

I think I read that the MODB-1 was released in December 2019 at least on their social media
That sounds right on the timing. No idea on the performance.

Those are awesome prices! My bank account is grateful that I have found true love.

They clubs are quite good. But yes the other stuff muddies the water a bit.
Can someone please add some color to what the “other stuff” is referring to.....

I've been playing the New Level MODB-1 irons, 5 thru PW, for 3 weeks now. I bought them with the TT Elevate 95 regular shafts. Every time I hit them I think these can't possibly be hollow 2 piece stainless steel construction. The impact sound is a solid whack and the impact feel is not "forged" soft but is a lot softer than the Ping G700 I was playing. The MODB-1 irons are slightly smaller that the comparable Ping G700 iron. G700 on the right, MODB-1 iron on the left.

5 4 20 MODB-1 h.jpg

5 4 20 MODB-1 k.jpg

Attachments

• 5 4 20 MODB-1 h.jpg
    5 4 20 MODB-1 h.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 17
$399 for 5-W today only....

Where did you see that price... If I select 5-PW it shows at $ 480. Still a great price.

I ordered a 4i just for evaluation and they were super courteous, but I'm not crazy about the feel or the performance. It's not a bad iron, just not as good as I've seen from other OEMs. I'll probably hand on to it, but won't put it in the bag... My CF19 feels and performs better.

Where did you see that price... If I select 5-PW it shows at $ 480. Still a great price.

I ordered a 4i just for evaluation and they were super courteous, but I'm not crazy about the feel or the performance. It's not a bad iron, just not as good as I've seen from other OEMs. I'll probably hand on to it, but won't put it in the bag... My CF19 feels and performs better.
It's posted on their Twitter account

It's posted on their Twitter account

It's called a "Saturday Special" on their website. You have to sort of hunt around, the offer seems to appear at random page loads along the bottom. Sort of like a one-armed bandit.

I almost pulled the trigger on it but the clubs only come with TT 95 steel shafts and I realized that $399 is still, well, $399 and I didn't want to spend that much on a whim.

Last edited:
It’s an...interesting...sale.
I’d he screaming about something? Maybe saying all clubs were based on his “designs” or that he has tons of tour play? Maybe just words?

Agree. I was intrigued but would rather apply that towards a set I really want (JPX921, ZX5, CF19, T400....). Not a fan of the social media interactions of the company so much either and it’s enough to sway me in another direction. Look like nice clubs though and I wish them the best...

Back