Im just talking about naming golf balls across the industry.

It can't be the RB Tour-S or RB tour-M; always with the X
I would like them to use greek letters. RB Tour Σ

Oh I just hit a really rare miss for me off the tee. Comparison test time. Let's see if I can eff it up twice. Not my strength on this particular shot..

Edit: did it. This should be interesting.

Edit edit:.

20221005_142956.jpg
Screenshot_20221005-143131_TheGrint.jpg

That's the X 10 yards shorter on the flair drive, exact same line.

It might be my ball though, because I went for a window, the only window..

Screenshot_20221005-143318_Video Player.jpg20221005_143420.jpg

And nailed it. Wedge flight exactly as expected for me, and I'm damn particular about that. Good stuff, Ball.

Last edited:
you don't look very old and stiff...

Oh I just hit a really rare miss for me off the tee. Comparison test time. Let's see if I can eff it up twice. Not my strength on this particular shot..

Edit: did it. This should be interesting.

Edit edit:.

View attachment 9125247
View attachment 9125248

That's the X 10 yards shorter on the flair drive, exact same line.

It might be my ball though, because I went for a window, the only window..

View attachment 9125250View attachment 9125251

And nailed it. Wedge flight exactly as expected for me, and I'm damn particular about that. Good stuff, Ball.

wedge flight with tour or x? how has durability been?

With the X. It's been okay. I haven't had much issue on course. Haven't really ripped any out of the sand or off too hard a lie though.

looking forward to hearing more about these and maybe giving them a try.

Finally had no choice but to put a swing on it from the sand. You want a picture of it now?

Liked both around the greens today, but seemed like I was always playing the X when I got in a hairy spot.

@That post made I believe the X ball dance like a cat on a hot tin roof right around the pin today coming out of a bunker. It was a beautiful shot.

I was one that was mostly enjoying the old balls, but did have to adjust for a bit more run out on chips and pitches. Everything I’m hearing so far is exciting about the changes. And at that price point May jaut have to give them a look soon

Alright, last one for now. I usually do a couple wedge in comparisons between models and other balls. Circled back to do one between the two of these today. Like I said I could kick both up to about 11.5k with a 56* indoors pretty easily, and had backed up an X with my 55* earlier pretty well.

On shots like this though I really just want the ball to end up right near where I land it. Not leak or zip. On a stock shot at least. The pin was just over a ridge today, so I thought it would be a good test. Need pretty decent spin not to leak when landing on a downslope.

Very interested in these balls. The previous generation was just too spinny, and I noticed some durability issues as well. If these issues are fixed, it could be an attractive option for a more affordably-priced premium urethane ball.

However, it would have to perform quite well in order for me to switch away from the Vice Pro Plus, for no other reason than the price. Assuming that the new model is priced at or around the $35 range (as the previous generation was), then that's $7 more expensive than the Vice balls per dozen (or about $0.60 per ball). This isn't an insane price jump, and if the performance is there I'd consider it, but with the DTC ball market being as impressive as it is (Vice, Snell, etc) for the prices that they're offering, the new RB Tour balls need to compete.

Warming up with the Tour and these numbers

20221006_151030.jpg

are I once again right in V1 territory for me. And quite similar to CSX LS when I hit it indoors too, which isn't actually low spin.

Across 4 shots with the 3 balls while I was warming up my 7i (34* TCB w/some kind of Elevate 120X?) spin averaged
Tour - 5,576
Tour X - 5,832
CSX LS - 5,561

Real confident in the Tour and LS numbers despite limited shots because standard deviation was stupid tight. 65 for the Tour and 10 for the LS. The Tour X I hit a high and low and 2 in the 58-5900 range.

Speeds seemed similar trying to keep a steady swing getting loose. We're having serious quad issues in this area. They keep dying. Lol So just have to count on me and the other numbers for swing speed. Low 130s ball speeds and launch right about 16.5. So that all goes along with what I've seen most other times with the Mizuno balls.

Very interested in these balls. The previous generation was just too spinny, and I noticed some durability issues as well. If these issues are fixed, it could be an attractive option for a more affordably-priced premium urethane ball.

However, it would have to perform quite well in order for me to switch away from the Vice Pro Plus, for no other reason than the price. Assuming that the new model is priced at or around the $35 range (as the previous generation was), then that's $7 more expensive than the Vice balls per dozen (or about $0.60 per ball). This isn't an insane price jump, and if the performance is there I'd consider it, but with the DTC ball market being as impressive as it is (Vice, Snell, etc) for the prices that they're offering, the new RB Tour balls need to compete.

iirc the previous model did not come out of the gate at $35. i believe it was discounted in the last 6-12 months?

iirc the previous model did not come out of the gate at $35. i believe it was discounted in the last 6-12 months?
Yeah I think they were $45 originally. Sticker on the new ones here looks to be $42.99/dozen.

Yeah I think they were $45 originally. Sticker on the new ones here looks to be $42.99/dozen.

That's still slightly discounted compared to your Pro V1s and your Chrome Softs, but unfortunately it simply prices itself out of my personal budget. The Vice Pro Plus can be had for $24.16 / dozen (when bought during the 5+1 sales), and I've found them to be extremely comparable to the Pro V1 in terms of feel, durability, and performance. I'll be very glad to have another ball that I can add to my "bag of priority backup balls" if I find them on the course, but it'll be a tough sell to get me to switch balls, based purely on the price.

Which is a shame, because I was quite interested in having another Mizuno product in my bag :cool:

That's still slightly discounted compared to your Pro V1s and your Chrome Softs, but unfortunately it simply prices itself out of my personal budget. The Vice Pro Plus can be had for $24.16 / dozen (when bought during the 5+1 sales), and I've found them to be extremely comparable to the Pro V1 in terms of feel, durability, and performance. I'll be very glad to have another ball that I can add to my "bag of priority backup balls" if I find them on the course, but it'll be a tough sell to get me to switch balls, based purely on the price.

Which is a shame, because I was quite interested in having another Mizuno product in my bag :cool:
It is a shame. I think it's a pretty good price considering what most premium balls are. And they put a lot into it compared to some cheaper ones. Went through tons of versions. There's a couple cool things about the dimple pattern for the aero package. Stuff like that.

I feel like it's low enough to get people's attention so they'll try it. That's probably all a company can ask for. Get it in people's hands and let the product speak for itself.

It is a shame. I think it's a pretty good price considering what most premium balls are. And they put a lot into it compared to some cheaper ones. Went through tons of versions. There's a couple cool things about the dimple pattern for the aero package. Stuff like that.

I feel like it's low enough to get people's attention so they'll try it. That's probably all a company can ask for. Get it in people's hands and let the product speak for itself.

Oh for sure, I'm not at all discounting the R&D that went into the ball, or meaning to imply that it's a bad product. Quite the contrary, I'm sure that it's a very excellent product. It's just that for my personal budget, the value prospect just isn't there. It speaks not to the quality of the product engineering, but to the marketing and sales execs who are optimizing for profits. When there are so many other excellent options at such a lower price, it's difficult to justify paying the difference. Maybe if I move up an income bracket I'll change my tune...

20221008_155355.jpg

Twitching for full boxes in stores. ⌚

Played nine holes of a short par 3 which had SW or GW in hand for all but two tee shots with the X. I thought the durability was pretty good with teed up wedges on a sandy course.

The X aligned feel wise with my limited experience with other X balls on the market.

We will be generous and say I was flighting my wedges this morning and the ball would check up really nicely.

I saw enough that I want to keep my eyes out for the Tour to give a longer test to.
Thanks @That post !!

BEE7B4BD-BD0D-4FAC-A643-846CD54EA27A.jpegF74CA37C-59BC-4FAD-A509-17395487337B.jpegA1AAA46F-321F-4AFD-B776-C2079071839E.jpeg

Last edited:
Whoa... that dimple pattern is waaaaay different than the previous gen.

Had about a 2 club wind and played the X. It did amazingly well. I have probably played this ball 36+ holes and durability is awesome. They are not consecutive holes, just holes I know I won't loose it lol

Back