New Mizuno JPX Irons

I love the feel of Mizuno Irons but seem to lose some distance and forgiveness on the launch monitor compared to Callaway irons. I would love to see a compact GI that has that Mizuno feel with the forgiveness and distance I get from other brands.

So basically a unicorn lol.
Have you hit Hot Metals? They sound exactly like what you're looking for. They are the best GI out there IMO.

I would like to see them add Arccos as a factory option and, offer a blended set like someone else mentioned. Also, bring a 2 iron to the dance.

I’m a recent owner of the 919 Tours and mI find it difficult to imagine them improving this line. I will be very interested to see what changes they make.

Have you hit Hot Metals? They sound exactly like what you're looking for. They are the best GI out there IMO.
I tried them against the callaway rogues. Loved the hot metals but the rogues seemed to go straighter and about 10 yards further. I’m newer to golf and not great but have plenty of distance so i would trade some distance for forgiveness but the rogue seemed a bit more forgiving even though the hot metals felt the best.

That was just one session at golf mart so definitely planning to hit them again when everything opens up again. My swing is still somewhat inconsistent so it could have just been an off day.

Some fun stuff here. I still wonder if @Vosh68 is secretly stealing my idea of the 50/50 iron that is blue and copper.

I honestly dont see how you could make the JPX line much better than it already is. IMO, they have the segment pretty much figured out. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe some kind of a hybrid iron set.
Ive learned long ago not to try to predict what Mizuno is going to come out with in irons because they do things that no one else would think of trying. Boron? Copper plated irons? Blades with a tungsten plug to make them more forgiving?

Curious to learn more, the HMP’s are such an incredible iron I couldn’t imagine improving on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Side comment: whatever secret sauce they put in the HMB long irons.....they need to add into the JPX lineup.

I have the 4,5 in HMB and they are waaay better than I thought they would be. It actually shocked me a little. I was super skeptical and they look, feel and perform better than I would have guessed.

I honestly dont see how you could make the JPX line much better than it already is. IMO, they have the segment pretty much figured out. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe some kind of a hybrid iron set.
Ive learned long ago not to try to predict what Mizuno is going to come out with in irons because they do things that no one else would think of trying. Boron? Copper plated irons? Blades with a tungsten plug to make them more forgiving?

The Hot Metal is like a hybrid iron. You've got it! Just need the right shaft.

I'd like to see 1960 club number / loft correlations, but as there are no rumors about a Retired Boomer Model being released, I'm not holding my breath.:)

The Hot Metal is like a hybrid iron. You've got it! Just need the right shaft.
True. Im actually not a fan of the hot metal because it just doesnt feel like a Mizuno. They are stupid long though. I was thinking more like a traditional hybrid iron like the old JPX-800 HDs were or like the JPX Fli-Hi was. Probably an even more fitting comparison would be the Cleveland Launchers.
That would probably be the most un-Mizuno irons ever but it wouldnt be the first time theyve done it.

DBM finish combined with buttery goodness

True. Im actually not a fan of the hot metal because it just doesnt feel like a Mizuno. They are stupid long though. I was thinking more like a traditional hybrid iron like the old JPX-800 HDs were or like the JPX Fli-Hi was. Probably an even more fitting comparison would be the Cleveland Launchers.
That would probably be the most un-Mizuno irons ever but it wouldnt be the first time theyve done it.

I hit the HMP 4 and 5i, same metal as HM, although the geometry is different. But when you hit a premium ball, you feel nothing (with graphite) and the ball just takes off.

I leave the feel good shots for 7- through the wedges, all I want from 4-6i is explosion off the face witih distance and height.

I think that if I could have the HMP cup faced and enclosed, it would give you a better look because in the 4 and 5i you can see the back of the club jutting out a bit.

I hope they keep the same finish as the tours, have never games them but always check them out when in a store.

One thing that needs mentioned, (at least in my opinion) MP seems to be marketed as the higher end players bracket. If that's the case, hopefully they don't expect us to pay MP prices for JPX range. Forged were a bit steep this last cycle.

One thing that needs mentioned, (at least in my opinion) MP seems to be marketed as the higher end players bracket. If that's the case, hopefully they don't expect us to pay MP prices for JPX range. Forged were a bit steep this last cycle.

Do you think so? I think I agree about the players side of things, but I guess I never thought of that with higher end. I can make the case that there is more tech in the JPX than MP line, right?

I guess that goes back to the question, should blades cost more than other clubs? I mean "players" could certainly be JPX-Tour, with its major winning.

I have played the JPX 800 irons for at least the last 5 years. I don't think I have ever had a better set and don't plan on replacing them anytime soon.

Sorry but I want to see a "T400 Style" of Irons to appeal to an ever-aging demographics. #sorrynotsorry
Imagine if you will, a Mizuno Forged Hybrid Iron like the Bridgestone JGR Line, perfect description of Go Big or Go Home!

Probably anathema, but I’d love to see something along the lines of a G700/710 or Titleist T400 with great sound and feel,...

Do you think so? I think I agree about the players side of things, but I guess I never thought of that with higher end. I can make the case that there is more tech in the JPX than MP line, right?

I guess that goes back to the question, should blades cost more than other clubs? I mean "players" could certainly be JPX-Tour, with its major winning.

I personally think the inflated prices of new clubs have gotten away from the average guy playing the game. I can't say they have "more tech" considering the design of the HMB and MMC forging. Major wins do matter but if that was buying criteria we would all still be playing Wilson Staff I guess... I can't see the "Forged" and MMC/HMB construction costing the same. Cost is always subjective as $1,000 may be the same amount, but it takes on a different perspective per relative situation.

I personally think the inflated prices of new clubs have gotten away from the average guy playing the game. I can't say they have "more tech" considering the design of the HMB and MMC forging. Major wins do matter but if that was buying criteria we would all still be playing Wilson Staff I guess... I can't see the "Forged" and MMC/HMB construction costing the same. Cost is always subjective as $1,000 may be the same amount, but it takes on a different perspective per relative situation.

I was referring to major wins when identifying how we label something a "Players line". JPX clearly showing its input there with the 919 Tours.
While I do see prices have gone up, so have choices and with that means something 1 year out of cycle can be had for much less.

Compound that, multiple companies have released iron sets brand new at $799, which is barely more than Burner 2.0s came out during the height of their popularity. In some ways golf is a victim of its own success. Go back 30-40 years and look at price of clubs. Then during the mass influx of players, costs went way down, partially due to volume and partially in my opinion because market leaders were not willing to assist an industry.

Fast forward and we have an industry that leveled out, and players that demand more precision and innovation. When you add those things, you get higher prices, no matter what the consumer good is (see cars, iPhones, apparel, etc).

Some fun stuff here. I still wonder if @Vosh68 is secretly stealing my idea of the 50/50 iron that is blue and copper.
No, no @JB, you said blue and copper, this iron is clearly copper and blue...

Back