That looks really good, Seth!

That looks really good, Seth!

i agree hawk. and i love the fact that setho wasn't afraid to bust out his maiden paintfill work on a cameron. atta boy seth.

You were telling me about this on the phone Friday and I was looking forward to seeing it. Man you did a jam up job!

I used Testors paint

That seems to be the best way to do it man. Yours came out great. I might have to have you do some stuff for us....hehe

Thanks Hawk, TC and Gray. I am glad you guys like it. I thought about doing a wedge first, but I just couldn't wait.

That seems to be the best way to do it man. Yours came out great. I might have to have you do some stuff for us....hehe

I would be more than happy to oblige. It is a fun process and I will only get better at it.

Did you say you bought the paint from a hobby shop Seth? Did you read up on how long it'll last?

This is all very intriguing haha

I got it at a hardware store. Testors paint is used for model cars and such. It should last for the life of the putter, but I will probably change it up from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the next project Seth?

Seth, I'm curious if you think automotive touch-up paint would be a better option for durability? I would be interested to see your results on a wedge or an iron. And then even more interested to see how model paint holds up in play. I have just acquired my fathers ancient Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blades (3-PW). They are in pretty good shape from a groove wear standpoint, but the paint is worn/chipped in all of the lettering. I think it would be nice to refurb them.

Nice job Setho! I was gonna do this to my TW blades but after trying to get the fill out of the TW logo for 30 min I gave up...I don't have the patience. That putter looks awesome though!

What is the next project Seth?

Next will be my wedges. I just need to think of what color I want them to be.

Seth, I'm curious if you think automotive touch-up paint would be a better option for durability? I would be interested to see your results on a wedge or an iron. And then even more interested to see how model paint holds up in play.

I am probably going to leave my irons alone, but I am going to do some wedges soon. I have no clue if auto touch-up paint would be better. We will see how Testors holds up soon.

Nice job Setho! I was gonna do this to my TW blades but after trying to get the fill out of the TW logo for 30 min I gave up...I don't have the patience. That putter looks awesome though!

haha. That sounds like some tenatious paint.

Can I ask how you removed the old paint? I'm thinking dental pick or something similar. Perhaps a bath in acetone?

Can I ask how you removed the old paint? I'm thinking dental pick or something similar. Perhaps a bath in acetone?

absolutely you can. I used q-tips dipped in acetone. I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed till the acetone started doing its magic on the paint. I then took a tooth pick and scooped the paint right out. I would advise against using a dental pick or anything metal as it will put little scratches on your finish/in the metal. I might make a little video when I do my wedges.

absolutely you can. I used q-tips dipped in acetone. I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed till the acetone started doing its magic on the paint. I then took a tooth pick and scooped the paint right out. I would advise against using a dental pick or anything metal as it will put little scratches on your finish/in the metal. I might make a little video when I do my wedges.

i would assume that you could soak the head in acetone as it should only affect the properties of the paint. it may save you some labor as well for future endeavors setho. btw, don't you need to update your witb? and perhaps share a pic or two of your newest weapon!

i would assume that you could soak the head in acetone as it should only affect the properties of the paint. it may save you some labor as well for future endeavors setho. btw, don't you need to update your witb? and perhaps share a pic or two of your newest weapon!

That is a good idea TC. I would change my WITB, but I don't like it now that I have played with it on the course, so I am giving it to Rick and getting my old setup back. I am going to buy a 10.5 Supertri head with a regular flex shaft and put the old 460 on the R Flex shaft and give that to my dad and put the SuperTri on my Kusala. Easy as pie.

That is a good idea TC. I would change my WITB, but I don't like it now that I have played with it on the course, so I am giving it to Rick and getting my old setup back. I am going to buy a 10.5 Supertri head with a regular flex shaft and put the old 460 on the R Flex shaft and give that to my dad and put the SuperTri on my Kusala. Easy as pie.

not to derail your paint fill thread but i'm glad to hear you're going back to your old setup bro! i thought it worked great for you.

**sends Seth some clubs for paint fill**

That is awesome! I love how it turned out!

**sends Seth some clubs for paint fill**

That is awesome! I love how it turned out!

haha. Thanks bro. I might be able to do a couple of paint fills at the next outing if anybody wants them done.

not to derail your paint fill thread but i'm glad to hear you're going back to your old setup bro! i thought it worked great for you.

Yeah, I just needed a head with a degree more loft. I love that shaft!

I am going to do my wedges soon, but I am going to let you guys decide what colors I use. So, what colors do you guys want to see on my wedges?

I am going to do my wedges soon, but I am going to let you guys decide what colors I use. So, what colors do you guys want to see on my wedges?

What finish are your wedges?

Oil quench.

Ooooh. I like it. Im thinking A dark Blue or Purple. You could even go with a red. Then get the shafts "Vibranted" to match. That would look incredible.

Ooooh. I like it. Im thinking A dark Blue or Purple. You could even go with a red. Then get the shafts "Vibranted" to match. That would look incredible.

Oh man, I may have to get some DG Spinners and have them Vibranted. That would be so wicked!

Oh man, I may have to get some DG Spinners and have them Vibranted. That would be so wicked!

yeah, the indigo on the Oil Quench would look incredible. Especially if the paint fill matched up. Not going to lie, now that I think about, Pearl White would look incredible on the shafts of those too. Then to a little metallic paint fill or go crazy because most will match white.

Back