New Project X HZRDUS RDX shafts.

Well, it took me TWO YEARS, but thanks to @TT_Logan, I've finally been able to put the HZRDUS RDX Red in to play. I paired it up with a Cobra LTDx in 10.5º, and a Golf Pride MCC +4 grip.

This season I've been really working hard on a repeatable, playable driver swing and I feel like this shaft has helped tremendously. The bend profile seems to suit my move, while the soft tip section helps get that ball in the air. I have something like 10 rounds in now with this driver/shaft combo and I think it's staying in the bag for the remainder of this season. Sure doesn't hurt that this shaft looks sharp! My shaft is one that Project X customized for Canada Day a couple years ago with the dancing maple leaf pattern. It's pretty...

View attachment 9188304

Something I also did, despite my swing speed averaging between 105 - 110 MPH, was go down another .5 in flex. Last season I was playing a stiff flex from another manufacturer, and I'm currently gaming the RDX Red in 5.5 flex, 60 gram. I love how I can feel the head throughout my entire swing.

Last night was the best off the tee I've been with driver this season. Below are my current distance stats from Shot Scope, along with two examples of shots hit. The first was hit into wind, the second was with wind from behind.

View attachment 9188301

View attachment 9188302

View attachment 9188303
LOVE. TO. HEAR . IT!

I’m a fan of the RDX blue flavor. Easy to launch but has quite a bit of stability.

And oddly enough, the Red was horrible for me in a stealth driver but I really enjoy it in a Ping LST.

Funny how at the end of the day, its the combination that matters…. Some shafts you dont like may work in other heads, some heads you dont love may come alive with the right shaft….

I’m really excited about trying these next Friday. I really liked the original HZRDUS black. But, the lightweight Red RDX might be more appropriate.

Back