New putter for Zach Johnson

I bet gaming a Scotty could pay a good chunk of a mortgage. I think the numbers would shock you.

I'd like to know the number. a mini tour guy told me once, and I don't remember exactly how much but it was low. granted, I would think higher profile guys get paid more. would love to know the numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to know the number. a mini tour guy told me once, and I don't remember exactly how much but it was low. granted, I would think higher profile guys get paid more. would love to know the numbers.

Here's something to consider, Scooter was willing to infringe on Seemore's RST patent to get Zach on board.

Just skimmed the thread but when I tuned in about 5pm did they talk about Zach changing up to jump start his putting? Seems he's been loose on the under 10 foot category lately...

2015pga_valero_3

Wow, that is too bad he made that switch. Be interesting to see if it is permanent or just an experiment. My understanding is Titleist has been trying to convince him to do that for years. It may have even been what led to the design they have that resembles the Fgp. But he liked what he used and did not want to switch. The design is rather interesting for him given the way he sets up given the offset.

Wow, that is too bad he made that switch. Be interesting to see if it is permanent or just an experiment. My understanding is Titleist has been trying to convince him to do that for years. It may have even been what led to the design they have that resembles the Fgp. But he liked what he used and did not want to switch. The design is rather interesting for him given the way he sets up given the offset.
What design resembles the FGP?

All being said, dude has been off on the putting greens lately. Maybe a switch will help him take it up a notch regardless of what OEM he is rocking.

Here's something to consider, Scooter was willing to infringe on Seemore's RST patent to get Zach on board.

had to google-fu that one. are you referring to the red x center shaft? i see what you mean with the three dots down the head under the shaft where your eye line should be, but that putter was released back in what, 2004 or 2005? and i've also read that scotty has ripped off LOTS of people.

Hate to see ZJ dropping the Seemore from his bag and going to a scotty, but $$$$$$$ talks

I bet gaming a Scotty could pay a good chunk of a mortgage. I think the numbers would shock you.

Bonus pools could buy a nice house, for me anyway.

had to google-fu that one. are you referring to the red x center shaft? i see what you mean with the three dots down the head under the shaft where your eye line should be, but that putter was released back in what, 2004 or 2005? and i've also read that scotty has ripped off LOTS of people.
The Studio Select 2.6 even had a red dot to be hidden. It's almost comical

images

Hey, roll what you want, lots of putters out there in the pond.

No sweat off my back, I can safely say I never rolled a SeeMore because Zach did, I rolled it because its a phenomenal quality product from a phenomenal company.

images

My pops still has that in his garage but until I showed him my SM he never heard of them and said the red dot was like his scotty. I gave him a bit of an education.

This sucks for SM but I do hope to see Zack putting well again even with a Scotty.

images

I see what you mean! does scotty still make an off-the-rack line with this, or is it only a custom shop option anymore?

but there's a part of me that feels like everybody rips off everybody else. not saying it's right. I had a mizuno mo-500 driver that had the same slot technology as the sldr, only 8 years before!

I see what you mean! does scotty still make an off-the-rack line with this, or is it only a custom shop option anymore?

but there's a part of me that feels like everybody rips off everybody else. not saying it's right. I had a mizuno mo-500 driver that had the same slot technology as the sldr, only 8 years before!

It is no longer and available option.

Is Zach hurting for money to the point of gaming a putter he doesn't like for some $$$? Or is he putting better inside 10' with his new one?

I'm just trying to figure out what the story is here.

Anyone consider the fact it's not money, and instead he feels he putts better with it? I know we all love SeeMore but let's put away the torches and pitchforks already.

Anyone consider the fact it's not money, and instead he feels he putts better with it? I know we all love SeeMore but let's put away the torches and pitchforks already.

Or that, for whatever reason, he hadn't been putting all that well with the SeeMore, so he just needed a change.

I think it could be as simple as he wants to try something new. He hasn't been great this year and I know there is a ton of Seemore love on the forum, but these guys can put the ball in the hole with a rock tied to the end of a stick

SeeMore didnt pay him. That's why they never reference his name specifically.

Oh, ok ... Well they should have been paying him. When I think of SeeMore , I think of Zack.... Guess I made the mistake of assuming that they would pay one of their high profile players

Lots of people... hahaha!

I think it's more of a story than what's being made of it... Bad putting breeds change and that's what he's done. I also find it funny that people need to comment about SeeMore fanboys getting upset over it, when I best most who love SeeMore genuinely don't care what he's gaming.

I find it funny what model he went to, but that doesn't matter.

Or that, for whatever reason, he hadn't been putting all that well with the SeeMore, so he just needed a change.

I think it could be as simple as he wants to try something new. He hasn't been great this year and I know there is a ton of Seemore love on the forum, but these guys can put the ball in the hole with a rock tied to the end of a stick
This is kind of what I'm getting at. Pretty ridiculous to assume Scotty just through the cash at Zach and he jumped for it because he's broke?

Not even remotely the same number. I'd guess a difference of at least 4 or 5 0's on that contract from a mini tour player to PGA. Just as a reference, I used to work on the financial side of a major car company, and a guy who was not even on the PGA tour yet but was about to be applied for a car and showed his golf ball contract as proof...lets just say it wasn't small and he had no problems getting whatever he wanted. I'd guess a putter contract for someone like ZJ is going to be a much larger amount.

Not saying that's what it is in this case at all, but the amount of money some of these companies throw around for something like this can be a very large amount for players like ZJ.

I certainly think it is a story. Name another player who has gamed the same putter for 15 years straight. With that said I would love to know the facts but I am guessing they will be hard to come by.

Back