New putter for Zach Johnson

Lots of people... hahaha!

I think it's more of a story than what's being made of it... Bad putting breeds change and that's what he's done. I also find it funny that people need to comment about SeeMore fanboys getting upset over it, when I best most who love SeeMore genuinely don't care what he's gaming.

I find it funny what model he went to, but that doesn't matter.

But the red dot is so confusing and distracting!

I agree with Dan here, as per usual.

I certainly think it is a story. Name another player who has gamed the same putter for 15 years straight. With that said I would love to know the facts but I am guessing they will be hard to come by.

Ben Crenshaw.

:alien:

Oh, ok ... Well they should have been paying him. When I think of SeeMore , I think of Zack.... Guess I made the mistake of assuming that they would pay one of their high profile players

Why? Because he putt well with their product? *Zach* had a great run with the FGP. Maybe he should have been paying SeeMore?

The broadcast only alluded to the fact that he wanted to change to something drastically different than what he was playing (head shape in assuming). He's sponsored by Titleist so it's natural to roll a Scotty first.

A non story to me other than him going from one head shape to another.

The broadcast only alluded to the fact that he wanted to change to something drastically different than what he was playing (head shape in assuming). He's sponsored by Titleist so it's natural to roll a Scotty first.

A non story to me other than him going from one head shape to another.

It's a good looking Scottyssey. Lots of guys taking advantage of the mallet head. Big change though, that's for sure.

I would imagine this area and stat would be infuriating to most pros out there.

But in proximity to the hole, he is 155th (38'1") and scrambling he is even 105th (58.97%). Sure his GIR is in 67th, but is it possible he is leaving himself more long putts to try and convert? There's always stats to justify something and as amateurs, we are always willing to try and find something new to help us out.

Look at his strokes-gained putting stat. That stat accounts for how long a putt is, and is a much more accurate stat to reflect how well a player is putting as compared to the old standard of putts per round or putts per GIR.

Look at his strokes-gained putting stat. That stat accounts for how long a putt is, and is a much more accurate stat to reflect how well a player is putting as compared to the old standard of putts per round or putts per GIR.

Thank you for making my point. No doubt, it appears that his putting is around the 150 mark all across the board. I guess the true talk is what he games down in Augusta and he gets it figured out.

If switching putters costs you a putt per round, you are losing several million dollars per year on the PGA Tour. These guys don't put their game in jeopardy for a few sponsorship bucks.

If switching putters costs you a putt per round, you are losing several million dollars per year on the PGA Tour. These guys don't put their game in jeopardy for a few sponsorship bucks.

Most of the bigger names make way more money off sponsorships than golf itself.

He's not getting millions of dollars for one putter.

Are these facts?

He's not getting millions of dollars for one putter.

No I agree with you on that. Was just saying in general

What design resembles the FGP?
The Scotty 2.6. May actually look a little more similar to the M1, but basically with same center shafted blade. Even had an alignment dot you could use like the RST.

The Scotty 2.6. May actually look a little more similar to the M1, but basically with same center shafted blade. Even had an alignment dot you could use like the RST.

The Studio Select 2.6 even had a red dot to be hidden. It's almost comical

images
Yes, I know. I still giggle at the literal red dot

Are these facts?

i think "millions of dollars" is probably an exaggeration, but several hundred thousand, maybe even 3/4 of a million isn't unreasonable. the 125th money earner in the 2014 season was nicholas thompson who earned $713,377. if you miss every cut because of those putts per round, you'll lose out on your ability to finish inside the top 125.

and until somebody proves that these guys are getting paid millions of dollars just to put a certain putter in play, i don't believe it. i can't wrap my mind around how that could ever make sense. i very well may be wrong, but i'd want some first-hand knowledge. i could see phil, rory, tiger, bubba, even rickie fowler getting that kind of money, but not zach johnson.

i guess that's ultimately for him, his family, his agent, his cpa, his financial advisor, and titleist to know :)

Shame to see him switch from Seemore, saw him as a Seemore lifer. Why would you switch to a lesser quality putter, $ talk I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shame to see him switch from Seemore, saw him as a Seemore lifer. Why would you switch to a lesser quality putter, $ talk I guess

Lesser quality? Is there anything factual to back that up? I don't game either brand, but have rolls both and think both companies make outstanding quality putters

Lesser quality? Is there anything factual to back that up? I don't game either brand, but have rolls both and think both companies make outstanding quality putters

I have used both, tried different models. The build quality is better and the feel in all the models I have tried. Roll them side by side you will see and feel the difference, will be quick and easy

I have used both, tried different models. The build quality is better and the feel in all the models I have tried. Roll them side by side you will see and feel the difference, will be quick and easy

I've owned multiple types of seemores and tried numerous others, and while they make a fantastic product, I think SC does as well. Never once have I picked up a Scotty and thought that it was poorly made or of lesser quality.

I've owned multiple types of seemores and tried numerous others, and while they make a fantastic product, I think SC does as well. Never once have I picked up a Scotty and thought that it was poorly made or of lesser quality.

I will give an example, I picked up a Studio stainless the day it came out back in the day. Bought it for upwards of 450$ very pricey to say the least. That day I went to play 18, I was through 6 holes the head came off!! Brand new off the line putter which is supposedly the "best" had to putt with my 3 wood to finish the round. Isn't quality control watching for this type of matter. Needless to say I returned it and bought another brand. Also a side not i gamed another version of Scotty for over 5 years. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth when stuff like that happens, I could see that happen to a used club but never new

I'm sure I'm putting my hand in the sharks mouth here, but I wonder if the reaction would be the same if he went from Scotty to Seemore.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm sure I'm putting my hand in the sharks mouth here, but I wonder if the reaction would be the same if he went from Scotty to Seemore.

Which reaction? There seem to be a lot in here.

I will give an example, I picked up a Studio stainless the day it came out back in the day. Bought it for upwards of 450$ very pricey to say the least. That day I went to play 18, I was through 6 holes the head came off!! Brand new off the line putter which is supposedly the "best" had to putt with my 3 wood to finish the round. Isn't quality control watching for this type of matter. Needless to say I returned it and bought another brand. Also a side not i gamed another version of Scotty for over 5 years. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth when stuff like that happens, I could see that happen to a used club but never new

Probably just unlucky with that one. The difference for me is in the customer service and feeling of family. One company probably doesn't need to do it, one company made a decision to do it.

Neither really matter in this scenario. I don't much care about ZJ or the particular putter he was in love with for so long. I don't think it makes or breaks SeeMore and I bet he returns to his beloved FGP sooner rather than later.

Which reaction? There seem to be a lot in here.

The certainty that is has to be about money.

Understandably, Seemore doesn't have the resources SC does. Just a thought though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This thread is funny.

Back