New putter for Zach Johnson

Through Bay Hill:

148th in strokes gained putting
T28th in birdie conversion (32.52%)

GIR Putting:
5-10': 178th (43.64%)
15-20': T63rd (21.28%)
>25': 93rd (5.62%)

Here are the numbers that tell everyone that he isn't putting well this year, despite his reputation as a good putter.

Here are the numbers that tells everyone that he isn't putting well this year, despite his reputation as a good putter.

Makes sense to try new things, absolutely. We do the same thing as Amateurs when something isn't working haha!

Through Bay Hill:

GIR Putting:

I would imagine this area and stat would be infuriating to most pros out there.

Here are the numbers that tells everyone that he isn't putting well this year, despite his reputation as a good putter.

But in proximity to the hole, he is 155th (38'1") and scrambling he is even 105th (58.97%). Sure his GIR is in 67th, but is it possible he is leaving himself more long putts to try and convert? There's always stats to justify something and as amateurs, we are always willing to try and find something new to help us out.

Very informative video. If face balance is so superior then y don't they only make face balanced putters

Probably not the best thread, but why not make putters for everyone? Sure it's what works best for their implementation, but some folks like whistle shafts or plumbers neck.

Wow, that is really surprising to see, when I thought of Zach Johnson it was great wedge play and really good putting. Maybe he does need something different!

Through Bay Hill:

GIR Putting:

Probably not the best thread, but why not make putters for everyone? Sure it's what works best for their implementation, but some folks like whistle shafts or plumbers neck.
I think I posed my question incorrectly. The seemore guy made toe balanced putters seem bad. Do they help certain ppls strokes?

Through Bay Hill:

GIR Putting:
Anyone know when he made the switch? Are those numbers with his SM or the X5?

From SeeMore to Odyssey knockoff. Shame.

Curious to see if it has the Seemore knockoff rstish system from a few years ago.

does anybody know how much scotty pays vs seemore vs odyssey? a guy like zach is making bank in so many different areas, i cannot imagine a putter change would be solely because money talks. for mini tour or web.com tour guys? sure, i could see the sponsorship money making a huge difference. but at the pga tour level, a putter-only sponsorship doesn't seem like it would be that much to swing someone who is loving their putter. i think maybe he's just lost his mojo with it and needs to find a spark.

Hate to see this but he has to do what he feels is best for his career.

does anybody know how much scotty pays vs seemore vs odyssey? a guy like zach is making bank in so many different areas, i cannot imagine a putter change would be solely because money talks. for mini tour or web.com tour guys? sure, i could see the sponsorship money making a huge difference. but at the pga tour level, a putter-only sponsorship doesn't seem like it would be that much to swing someone who is loving their putter. i think maybe he's just lost his mojo with it and needs to find a spark.

Don't believe SeeMore was paying him anything.

It will be interesting to see the results with the new flat stick.

Has SeeMore released a statement?

I don't think Seemore would look to draw attention to this. They are probably hoping he will be back in time for the Masters.

I'm sure Scotty is paying him as did SeeMore, but I don't think he would switch based on the money alone. He has gamed the same putter for a long time and probably just needed a change. It will be interesting to see if the x5 stays in the bag or if he changes back

Don't believe SeeMore was paying him anything.

dude made $3.4 million in earnings alone in 2014, before any sponsorships. and his career earnings exceed $35 million, again before sponsorships. how much can a scotty sponsorship really sway someone? multi-million? i can see that. but i thought i heard scotty gives the guys like $1,000 a week to game their putters (hearsay, and a bad memory at that!). seems like a drop in the bucket.

I'm sure Scotty is paying him as did SeeMore, but I don't think he would switch based on the money alone. He has gamed the same putter for a long time and probably just needed a change. It will be interesting to see if the x5 stays in the bag or if he changes back

SeeMore was paying ZJ?

SeeMore didnt pay him. That's why they never reference his name specifically.

Anyone know when he made the switch? Are those numbers with his SM or the X5?

Watching the coverage last week, I am 99% positive he was rolling the SeeMore Sunday at Bay Hill.

Pretty sure he wasn't getting paid by SeeMore. They could never use his name in any press releases etc.

man...liked the idea he was playing a seemore and "being different" than the rest of the tour...must be some good green backs going into the bank account to make that switch

dude made $3.4 million in earnings alone in 2014, before any sponsorships. and his career earnings exceed $35 million, again before sponsorships. how much can a scotty sponsorship really sway someone? multi-million? i can see that. but i thought i heard scotty gives the guys like $1,000 a week to game their putters (hearsay, and a bad memory at that!). seems like a drop in the bucket.
I bet gaming a Scotty could pay a good chunk of a mortgage. I think the numbers would shock you.

I'm sure seemore what Zach to succeed. He has been a heck of a brand ambassador for a decade and a half. Seemore only wish success towards golfers, that's the kind of people they are.

Back