NEWS New Putter Shaft for Bryson DeChambeau

Seemed like it worked well for him today!

It's funny how little this surprises me.

Endless tinker town. He should probably join THP.
Yep, Bryson is the ultimate propeller-head. If anybody on the Tour was going to do it, not at all surprising that it would be him.

I wonder if the putter shaft will matter more the longer the shaft is. Obviously, BAD’s is quite long so maybe that allows the shaft properties to really show. Idk, maybe I’m just trying to make sense of it all.

dude is the next Vijay. And THP eats it up

I love how unique Bryson is. He brings something different to the game and I think its a great thing. I feel like people love or hate the guy but I think he is extremely entertaining and the dude can play! Add this putter shaft change to the list of wild ideas from him.

It's funny how little this surprises me.

Endless tinker town. He should probably join THP.

He would be a great addition to THP 🙌 Should we offer him an honorary membership?:unsure:

So what you are saying is that his putter shaft now mimics Bryson? got thicker, stiffer and lost all sense of taper.

<rimshot>

Thank you ladies and gents. I'll be here all week. Please tip your waiters and waitresses. :D

Honest question.... other than weight distribution and balance i.e. Strokelab What real purpose can there be for a different putter shaft?
I mean your taking it back 12 in. And moving forward 12 in. What possible force can be asserted to make any difference at all? It's not like your swinging it 120 mph and it bends all over the place. I can see larger tip ... possibly to reduce twisting and torque. But please ... someone enlighten me.

Honest question.... other than weight distribution and balance i.e. Strokelab What real purpose can there be for a different putter shaft?
I mean your taking it back 12 in. And moving forward 12 in. What possible force can be asserted to make any difference at all? It's not like your swinging it 120 mph and it bends all over the place. I can see larger tip ... possibly to reduce twisting and torque. But please ... someone enlighten me.

It's not about the speed of the strike as much as deflection impact relative to variation. On a putt, even small deflections can make a ball go offline by an inch which may result in a missed putt. The same small deflection would be just hidden in the noise of a 120mph impact on a driver face. At least that's what I understand.

It's not about the speed of the strike as much as deflection impact relative to variation. On a putt, even small deflections can make a ball go offline by an inch which may result in a missed putt. The same small deflection would be just hidden in the noise of a 120mph impact on a driver face. At least that's what I understand.
This is why I don't think about putter shafts; a rabbit hole I'm just not interested in exploring right now. I absolutely understand the fascination with the science here, however, when it comes to putter shafts, I'm good.

From a Club Champion Newsletter and Oddysey Website:
"The Stroke Lab shaft is a full 40 grams lighter than a standard Odyssey steel putter shaft. ... It is slightly stiffer and lower torque compared to standard putter shafts to better control a slightly heavier head. Odyssey studies indicate the effect of the updated weight distribution on the stroke is dramatic"
Maybe I’m mistaken but I don’t remember them saying a word about flex when we were there. I only remember them talking about weight distribution and that things had gotten too heads heavy. I also remember they spoke to swing weights too.

Maybe I’m mistaken but I don’t remember them saying a word about flex when we were there. I only remember them talking about weight distribution and that things had gotten too heads heavy. I also remember they spoke to swing weights too.
I answered this earlier in this thread. This is from Odyssey website. F84A70EA-766A-4A0D-A001-6C0D90AE5CFB.jpeg

With my testing. I had a Toulon Columbus with a stroke lab shaft. I just couldn't get the feel of the putter with it. Played around with the sole weights added more weight to the grip, nothing felt good. The whole setup just doesn't feel connected, stroke lab, weighted grip, etc. In the process of removing the shaft because I love the head.

Back