New PXG 0211 Iron Set

So, I decided to get the PXG hybrids, to go with the 0211's (on which I'm still waiting). Anybody have experience with these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep I have a gen 2, 5 hybrid as well as a gen 2 ,7w and proto driver to go along with my 0211 irons which I have 5-LW.

The hybrids are so easy to hit and sound and feel fantastic.
I have had my clubs in play about a full month now and already dropped 1 off my handicap .

Thanks! Looking forward to getting my new set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered my set on 9/18/20 and following the order tracking it originally said items picked/in-assembly was going to be 10/3/20. Checking today (9/24/20), they are in assembly now. Pleasant surprise for me. Also, I am left handed.
I was just fit on Sat for a 3 hybrid with the Riptide shaft. Very solid feeling and hot like the Proto driver. Definitely anti-hook too. My buddy smokes his 17* Gen2 hybrid. Awesome hybrids.

I got an email that mine shipped yesterday. At least I think they did, lol. The email said the info was sent to Fed Ex at 527pm, so most likely they will leave the PXG factory sometime this morning.
These couldn't be coming at a better time. I'm really struggling right now with my iron game. I don't think it's anything major, but whatever it is I'm doing wrong, I just can't figure it out on the course. My having to dial in a new set will at least get my lazy a** to the range, where I'll hopefully straighten things out.

Looking forward to seeing them sometime today, most likely last thing since I am kind of out of the way but they have been on the truck since this morning.

You playing tomorrow @jim54 ?

You playing tomorrow @jim54 ?

I would like to get at least 9 in tomorrow, but I have to bring the wife's car in for some recall work at 9 am. Pretty sure we are getting a Courtesy car since it may take all day so if that happens I will play a local goat track to get some swings with them.

Playing Sunday for sure in the money game on a Course I like (Providence Golf Club) that is a bit longer than most we play and in real nice condition.

FEDEX is killing me, the wife wants to go out for a Lobster roll and there is no telling when this guy is going to show up. I hate that they want you to sign for it and then won't even give you a time range. Just before the end of the day, which could be 8 pm tonight.

FEDEX is killing me, the wife wants to go out for a Lobster roll and there is no telling when this guy is going to show up. I hate that they want you to sign for it and then won't even give you a time range. Just before the end of the day, which could be 8 pm tonight.
Ive rerouted fed ex before to a fed ex pickup center. Walgreens down the road from me accepts the package and you can pick it up at your leisure.

I dont think my PXG shipments (2) were not signature required.

Well I got so stressed I had to make a tito's and roses lime juice to calm me down

But I see my order is in for the Driver and FW's so I can look forward to that in 10-14 days.

FEDEX showed up at 7 pm so I did not open the box till this morning and the lengths are spot on and checking the SW on my cheap scale they are spot on there also. I don't have a loft / lie machine so no way to check that. If I can get the wife moving this morning and drop off the car I will try ot get in 9 at least to give them a shake down.

16011328232267377496104436046123.jpg

Hijacking this thread a bit. But I’m curious if anyone that is Senior Player has experience with PXG fairway woods. In the market for a 3wood and I like The adjustability of their FW woods but haven’t seen much in regards to how forgiving they are for a high handicap Senior THX

Hijacking this thread a bit. But I’m curious if anyone that is Senior Player has experience with PXG fairway woods. In the market for a 3wood and I like The adjustability of their FW woods but haven’t seen much in regards to how forgiving they are for a high handicap Senior THX
Everywhere I read is that the Gen2 fairways are very good and very forgiving. I know the hybrids are. I was fit for a 19* last Sat. Making a big order on Monday.

Keep in mind their Proto fairway will be coming out in a few months. I am waiting or the Proto fairway.

Fitted for these tomorrow in 2 hour through complete bag PXG fitting and will likely buy 5-W but may add club either direction - I am 62 and will likely test into one of the graphite shafts (a half inch long - have short arms) and either reg or senior. May add hybrid or 7 wood.

You'll like the 0211 irons.

I had my sons set shipped to my work just to be safe. They were supposed to be there yesterday originally but PXG didn’t get them to FedEx in time. So they were delivered today and my work is 45 minutes away. My son is with his friends for the weekend so they may sit in our mailroom until Monday.

I need to get his Apex 19’s cleaned up and listed here today.

The 1st round was interesting and the MMT 80 Stiff hard stepped are pretty darn stout. Put up a quick 42 /42 and had the usual mix of good and bad, the good were very good and close to a club longer than the Honma TR20 P (same lofts basically) the misses were very forgiving and it seemed I was on the bottom grooves a lot today off these very hard fairways.

The shots that stood out were a 8 iron off the deck on a par 3 155 yds to 10 ft and a 4 iron off a tee on the longest Par 3 with the flag at 214 towards the back of the green, hit a high for me shot that landed about the middle of the green and rolled to 6-7 ft. (missed both birdies...) I tried pretty much every club a time or two and the only really weird thing was the wedges being so light, I had a hard time with them around the greens coming from 125 gram wedge shafts. On full swings they are fine but the touch shots were just hard to pull off, but I can work on that some and get used to them I believe.

The club that turned out to be the most fun is the 4 iron, off a tee it is a rocket launcher and seemed to go in the 190- 200 yd range pretty consistently. That is stupid long for me and close to 3 wood distance but much straighter.

Off the deck on par 5's it acted like a normal 4 iron and while I could elevate it better than expected it was not as reliable and the distances and contact were on and off with a couple of tops.

So I am happy with the fit and it will take a few rounds to adjust to the lighter and stiffer shafts, but I saw some real potential for better golf. Playing again tomorrow on a much better course with actual grass in the fairways so I expect much better contact off softer lies.

Everywhere I read is that the Gen2 fairways are very good and very forgiving. I know the hybrids are. I was fit for a 19* last Sat. Making a big order on Monday.

Keep in mind their Proto fairway will be coming out in a few months. I am waiting or the Proto fairway.
I was fit into a Proto Driver and Gen 2 fairway woods last week, the fitter told me the proto fw's are loved by the woman on tour but not liked much by the men. Apparently they spin too much or something like that. He was not convinced they would come to market yet that is why I bought the Gen 2, the 3 wood and 7 wood were both longer than my Honma's which could have been shaft related but they really felt great and I like the adjustablilty I don't have with the Honma's.

The 1st round was interesting and the MMT 80 Stiff hard stepped are pretty darn stout. Put up a quick 42 /42 and had the usual mix of good and bad, the good were very good and close to a club longer than the Honma TR20 P (same lofts basically) the misses were very forgiving and it seemed I was on the bottom grooves a lot today off these very hard fairways.

The shots that stood out were a 8 iron off the deck on a par 3 155 yds to 10 ft and a 4 iron off a tee on the longest Par 3 with the flag at 214 towards the back of the green, hit a high for me shot that landed about the middle of the green and rolled to 6-7 ft. (missed both birdies...) I tried pretty much every club a time or two and the only really weird thing was the wedges being so light, I had a hard time with them around the greens coming from 125 gram wedge shafts. On full swings they are fine but the touch shots were just hard to pull off, but I can work on that some and get used to them I believe.

The club that turned out to be the most fun is the 4 iron, off a tee it is a rocket launcher and seemed to go in the 190- 200 yd range pretty consistently. That is stupid long for me and close to 3 wood distance but much straighter.

Off the deck on par 5's it acted like a normal 4 iron and while I could elevate it better than expected it was not as reliable and the distances and contact were on and off with a couple of tops.

So I am happy with the fit and it will take a few rounds to adjust to the lighter and stiffer shafts, but I saw some real potential for better golf. Playing again tomorrow on a much better course with actual grass in the fairways so I expect much better contact off softer lies.
I too had the same issues on hard fairways, that is hitting on the lower grooves. I confirmed this by hitting my Titleist AP1 which has a very low bounce and didn't exhibit the issues, BUT, on regular fairways I have no issues what so ever with the 0211. For me, misses on the bottom groove are still very forgiving and the best part is the feel hardly changes.

I too had the same issues on hard fairways, that is hitting on the lower grooves. I confirmed this by hitting my Titleist AP1 which has a very low bounce and didn't exhibit the issues, BUT, on regular fairways I have no issues what so ever with the 0211. For me, misses on the bottom groove are still very forgiving and the best part is the feel hardly changes.
I always struggle off hard fairways with any iron, mine are adjusted 2* strong and 2 upright so the bounce is reduced a bit. I think it is more getting used to the new shafts more than any club or bounce issue. I am not a range rat and the 1st swing with these was a 7 iron to a pin lasered at 165 and I was on the fringe in front of the green so a great start.

It always bothers me if they don't work at least to some extent on the 1st few swings, after all that was what the fitting was for.

I was fit into a Proto Driver and Gen 2 fairway woods last week, the fitter told me the proto fw's are loved by the woman on tour but not liked much by the men. Apparently they spin too much or something like that. He was not convinced they would come to market yet that is why I bought the Gen 2, the 3 wood and 7 wood were both longer than my Honma's which could have been shaft related but they really felt great and I like the adjustablilty I don't have with the Honma's.
Good information. My fitter didn’t know much. Thanks for sharing that. Maybe I will have to go ahead and get a Gen2 3 wood.

Good information. My fitter didn’t know much. Thanks for sharing that. Maybe I will have to go ahead and get a Gen2 3 wood.

I really wanted to wait for the proto FW's since well its says proto and I like the sound of it. But the guy that has fitted me for the irons and now these woods has earned my trust and I don't think he would tell me that if he knew different.

He has learned I am quite crazy and once I am on a kick I will buy IF he can prove it too me it is better for my game.

Now if they come out in 30 days he can have these back IF the proto proves to better for me.

Back