New PXG 0211 Iron Set

You could be correct, but I went with what the fitter recommended so we will see what he says Sat.
I'm a little confused reading your last couple of posts... is the issue only with the set wedges, or is it with the rest of the clubs also?
EDIT I just saw your other post where you talked about possibly reshafting the irons also. Good luck on Saturday with the fitter. You'll get this worked out...

Last edited:
I'm a little confused reading your last couple of posts... is the issue only with the set wedges, or is it with the rest of the clubs also?
EDIT I just saw your other post where you talked about possibly reshafting the irons also. Good luck on Saturday with the fitter. You'll get this worked out...
I am a bit confusing...even to myself, but yes mostly it is the wedges that are bothering me. I did expect some different feel going from 125 gr to 80 +/- but it is really screwing with my head. It is not the heads that are bothering me, they look great and the bounce seems ok.

Has anyone else gotten a build sheet in the box? I find it odd that they go to great lengths to package them so well and the process is very well done, but I did not get a spec sheet with what they did such as 2 deg up and 2 deg strong, I asked the rep and she was surprised also. I can check Swing weight (spot on) and the length (spot on) but did they adjust them? There are no marks on them which is great but without a machine to check the L/L who knows and bounce is not my friend from past experience....could be, could be.

Is the bounce too high for your swing?

Dave
I don't think so, since I fit for them in standard loft with no problems and ordered 2 deg strong the bounce should be less on my set. As I posted above I am not sure about the actual specs delivered, i hope Sat he can check them since there is a L/L machine at the pro shop.

I got 5-GW, MMT 70 shafts, 2* strong. I took a chance with the loft adjustment, because I wanted to lower the bounce to better suit the course conditions where I play most of my golf, any extra yardage will be a nice bonus. The clubs are beautiful, they look even better in person, and I love the look at setup.
I did the exact same thing! I'll have two "gap" wedges, but I'll treat the PXG more like a pitching wedge. Glad to hear it turned out well for you!!

I am a bit confusing...even to myself, but yes mostly it is the wedges that are bothering me. I did expect some different feel going from 125 gr to 80 +/- but it is really screwing with my head. It is not the heads that are bothering me, they look great and the bounce seems ok.

Has anyone else gotten a build sheet in the box? I find it odd that they go to great lengths to package them so well and the process is very well done, but I did not get a spec sheet with what they did such as 2 deg up and 2 deg strong, I asked the rep and she was surprised also. I can check Swing weight (spot on) and the length (spot on) but did they adjust them? There are no marks on them which is great but without a machine to check the L/L who knows and bounce is not my friend from past experience....could be, could be.
My spec sheet was emailed to me.

1601556621103.png

I ordered my set of 5-SW 0211's 9/18 and received them 9/29. I didn't receive a build sheet, just the packing slip and my PXG sticker, have to figure out where I will put that. Got them to the range for the first time yesterday and quite a difference from the Ping G irons I have been playing for the past 3 years. Spec wise they are almost exactly the same and also the same distances as far as I can tell. The driving range I go to has small greens with flags and big huge targets to aim for and lasering them I am getting the distances I was getting with my G irons.
The differences are in feel, the G irons have the AWT shafts and now I am playing the Elevate Tour in Stiff and I can really feel where the club is in my swing compared to before, especially in the longer irons, height, these Elevate shafts give me quite a bit more height, which I was looking for, and dispersion. I am left handed and with my G irons my miss was right, and quite frequently:), now, with less offset the dispersion is much tighter and everything seems to go straight.
With the G irons I would quite frequently not take any divot, with the 0211's it more common than not to take a divot. And another thing, I have heard some say they hate the grips, I went from Golf Pride Tour Velvet midsize to the PXG Z5's and so far they are comparable, maybe even a little softer.
Bottom line, the changes I was hoping for are the changes I got.

My spec sheet was emailed to me.

View attachment 8966390
Yep I had that as the instructions to them also. I would have liked a sheet in the box showing it was done (i do think it was) and a person's name. But I guess that is asking a lot.

0211's are going back and Gen 3 0311T's and forged wedges being built.

We ran though the fitting again and the 0311T with Elevate 95 gave me the best dispersion and distance in a smaller package. Oddly the 0211 with the MMT 80 still produced the highest ball speeds but the spin even 2 * strong was higher so the distances were just a bit shorter.

We both agreed if they offered the MMT in the 90 or 105 weight that would be shaft, but they don't even as an upcharge and I was not about to start pulling these apart and spending more on aftermarket shafts.

I like the Elevate and had them in the Callaway forged for a few weeks, the VSS in them seemed to help with the joint pain so we will see how they do long term.

Best of luck in your quest jim54.

Best of luck in your quest jim54.

Heck the quest is most of the fun for me..it was pretty funny actually this morning. I did my normal old man stretches this morning and the light weight workout and got there after a 40 minute drive and did a few more stretches while he set up his tent, etc.

Now the reason I went back was that in 5 rounds rounds since I got the 0211 I have not hit 3 real good shoots in a row with the 7 iron or any of the clubs, some real sweet ones but a lot strange tops and chunks. Yes I am not a consistent or very good golfer, but I can get around the Course and put up low 80's most anytime from 6,000 yds so not horrible.

I walk out there and hit about 10 balls to warm up and flush everyone of them, he was laughing at me. But as we worked the misses started showing up proving it was me not the clubs (always the case) and he went to work to help me.

After going though just about every option the Elevate 95 was the most consistent with the 0311T head, perfect flight and desent angle and the distance on par with the 0211 and my Honma's at standard lofts not 2 deg. strong.

The 0211 with the MMT80 still had the best ball speed (which proved out his original fitting) but the misses were just awful. I think I just overpower the lighter weight shaft at times and change my swing to fit the club instead of the club fitting my swing which seems to be the case with the Elevate and 0311T. Now I could just reshaft the 0211 with the Elevate 95 from 4-PW and put the Elevate tour in the wedges but I hate moving sideways and just liked the smaller clubhead of the 0311T, in my eyes a smaller head is a smaller miss.

My son has been really enjoying his. We played 9 Thursday and he hit 5/9 GIRs. Of the 4 he missed, the first hit the green but he took too much club and rolled off the back (5i), second he went at a tucked right pin and missed the green maybe 3 yards right so the shot was excellent, the third was maybe a yard short to a front pin and rolled down the front of the green, and the fourth was short and into the water on a forced carry to a front pin - where going long is miserable bc it’s a tiered green and would make for a severe downhill putt back toward the water. We were playing a 2 person scramble just for fun from around 6500 yards and shot 1 over.

We are playing again tomorrow (18) and will likely play our own ball so he’ll get his first 18 hole score to have an idea of what he’ll be shooting in tournaments this fall/winter.

Went from P790s with the stock steel shafts and MG 2 wedges to a full set of 0211s 4-LW with the MMT 70 shafts. Have played more golf this year due to the Covid actually and started to develop some Slight wrist and elbow pain so opted for the graphite. The first few rounds were up and down, some shockingly good shots with some pretty suspect shots. The old me would have ditched the 0211s, but the new me wants to play the same set of irons for at least a few seasons. After some work, things fell into place and for the first time in a while, no plans on changes.

Got these on the course today. First of all, the 4 iron is just as sweet as I had hoped. That thing is a tank. Second the feel is unbelievable. Buttery smooth.
Overall I hit them well. The 0211 definitely have a little more offset than the Cleveland 588 CBs they have been my gamers. This led to a few shots left of my intended line. I hit them really well just a little left all day. I think this will work itself out with a few more rounds.
When struck well these are absolutely the best feeling irons I’ve ever hit.
The best thing for me on the day was this: 17 par 3. 165 to a front pin. Hit 8 iron which for me I knew I had to pure to get there. I hit it way out on the toe, my fault not the irons, and I knew I didn’t hit it great. The awesome thing was it flew about 160 and rolled onto the front of the green. I lost almost no distance overall on the shot. My perfect shot would have flew 165 and stuck. This shot was way on the toe and flew 155 and rolled on to the front about 160 overall. As bad as the swing was on my old clubs I would have been lucky to get 150 out of it. The forgiveness is wonderful.
I’m super excited to get a few more rounds on these and dual them in because the look and feel is wonderful and the the performance is right there too.
They are definitely lighter and lighter swingweight than I’m used to. I could feel the head kind of lag back and stay open on a couple shots but that was only when I had a rough, quick transition. I have elevate tour stiff.

Got these on the course today. First of all, the 4 iron is just as sweet as I had hoped. That thing is a tank. Second the feel is unbelievable. Buttery smooth.
Overall I hit them well. The 0211 definitely have a little more offset than the Cleveland 588 CBs they have been my gamers. This led to a few shots left of my intended line. I hit them really well just a little left all day. I think this will work itself out with a few more rounds.
When struck well these are absolutely the best feeling irons I’ve ever hit.
The best thing for me on the day was this: 17 par 3. 165 to a front pin. Hit 8 iron which for me I knew I had to pure to get there. I hit it way out on the toe, my fault not the irons, and I knew I didn’t hit it great. The awesome thing was it flew about 160 and rolled onto the front of the green. I lost almost no distance overall on the shot. My perfect shot would have flew 165 and stuck. This shot was way on the toe and flew 155 and rolled on to the front about 160 overall. As bad as the swing was on my old clubs I would have been lucky to get 150 out of it. The forgiveness is wonderful.
I’m super excited to get a few more rounds on these and dual them in because the look and feel is wonderful and the the performance is right there too.
They are definitely lighter and lighter swingweight than I’m used to. I could feel the head kind of lag back and stay open on a couple shots but that was only when I had a rough, quick transition. I have elevate tour stiff.
They sure don't sound or feel like a cast iron, huh?

I couldn't agree more, these are really good irons...
@jim54 sorry these didn't work out for you, good luck with the 0311s. When an iron doesn't work right away (especially after a fitting) it's most likely never going to work. It's one thing to go through a slump with a set you've been playing for a while, because at least you have some good shots/thoughts in the memory bank. With a new set? If there's an issue other than adjusting to a new look or distance, I'm a firm believer it's best to move on quickly. What's the old saying? First impressions are lasting.

First 18 hole round in today for my son with his 0211’s and it was the worst he’s played in a long time. It had nothing to do with the irons though. He hit them well, but struggled off the tee and with short game.

He shot an even 100 with four 3 putts, one 4 putt, 5 penalties - 2 forced carries, 2 OB off the tee, and 1 long where he flew a par 3 green into the woods behind it. He only hit 3 GIR’s, but had 9 that were really close to the green (like a 1-3 yards off).

I’m wondering if he needs a different lob wedge bc of the shaft. I’m going to let him test mine tomorrow which has a shaft nearly the same weight as his iron shafts.

We also played back a set of tees from where he normally plays. While that made it a little more difficult with longer clubs into greens, it wasn’t the main culprit either with how many 3 putts he had. It’s really unlike him as his official tournament scores are always low 80’s.

Yep, it's better than saying "Oooops, I'm sorry rather than saying can I?" :twist:(y)

Yeah that's sad.:(
It kinda is, and I don't mean to single @dthrog00 out. I get it that some couples have financial concerns, and a purchase costing that much should be agreed on. but I see that same type of comment a lot in golf forums, and I always scratch my head.
I don't know, there's just something really sad to me about a man including something along the lines of "my wife gave me permission...." when talking to strangers about buying a golf related item.
What ever happened to men?

Last edited:
Time out to be serious for a moment...

A little financial respect both ways goes a long way to maintain a quality relationship with the person you love, particularly in a society with very high divorce rate while enduring a pandemic that has harmed the finances of many people.

Back to the golf...

Dave
As I said, I wasn't trying to single you out, or anyone else where finances are an issue. When a married man puts his wanting a driver above his families finances, that's being selfish, to say the least.
We don't need to hear about divorce rates or the pandemic when discussing this either. We're talking about a set of irons here.
For some reason these "permission" comments have become a thing on golf forums, not just this one. They're often accompanied with the Feherety "she who must be obeyed" line.
I'm just being honest. I shake my head every time I hear it, especially coming from a guy like Feherety who makes millions of dollars a year. Golfers seem to think it's cute/funny and post comments like that often. I don't. Sorry.
There's something sad to me about a grown man posting to strangers on a sports forum about needing his wife's "permission" to play, or buy a golf club. This is a thread about the 0211's. If you are thinking about them or buy them, great. Talk about it. Just leave out the "my wife gave me the okay" part.

Last edited:
Yep, it's better than saying "Oooops, I'm sorry rather than saying can I?" :twist:(y)
LMAO. Unfortunately, he deleted the posts you're joking about, so some people won't realize how funny your reply is. I don't know why he did that, as two of us quoted them, and people can still read them there. :rolleyes:

On another forum I read some clown referred to his wife as "The Minister of Sex and Finance". She should also be known as "The keeper of the balls". I tell some guys that act like this "you're gonna have to find her purse before we leave" they ask why? I say "you need to get your balls back".

I'd bet one of my well earned paychecks that most if not all the guys here earn an honest living, pay their bills and take care of their business. No man should have to ask permission to spend a little of HIS money.

There's a difference between 'have to' and 'choose to'. My wife never comments on what I spend or how I spend it, but I think discussing purchases is more common than not in most marriages. I don't think I'd appreciate the commentary if I'd made that post, but likely I'm not as nice as @dthrog00

Back