New PXG 0211 Iron Set

Looks like my replacements are about to ship, might have to start another thread for the 0311T's, they will probably arrive the same day as the skin cancer surgery so maybe a couple of days before I can hit them.

Looks like my replacements are about to ship, might have to start another thread for the 0311T's, they will probably arrive the same day as the skin cancer surgery so maybe a couple of days before I can hit them.
I’m still playing the Gen 1 0311T’s and they are still one of my favorite clubs. I just haven’t upgraded because I can’t justify the price. Though I do really like the look of the new 0211 FB’s.

I hit the gen 2 and all the other options P, XF, and the 0311T gen 3 just felt the best and had the best numbers so I figured maybe just maybe they will do the job and hold the bag down for a while. After going though my Miura phase the gen 3's are fair priced and again the fitter and their CS speaks a lot to me.

Went through a lot to get to hit a 0211 7 iron to see if I liked it. I did not. Glad I did not purchase them. Went with the Ping 410's instead

@lanoxrehab
Best of luck with the 410's. In my opinion a mid cap player can never go wrong with the Ping G series irons. They're great irons. Forgiving enough for a 12-20 cap, and versatile enough to be played by a single digit player. They can take you to whatever level you want to get to, and are good enough to stay in the bag when you get there.
I'm curious though... what did you base your decision on?
Was it forgiveness, distance, feel... or maybe the look? I'm asking because I tested both, and would have been happy with either one. I went with the 0211's because
A They were about $300 cheaper
B The MMT shaft at no upgrade
C Progressive set
D I felt like I was getting a touch more performance in a more attractive package (granted, looks are subjective)
E There was no comparison in feel. The 0211's won that hands down. They felt at least as good as my Apex 16's.
BTW I love your WITB set up. Very well thought out...(y)

Last edited:
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet in the thread but Accra iSeries graphite shafts are now available as a no-cost upgrade for PXG irons including the $89 per club 0211's.

Hope this helps.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet in the thread but Accra iSeries graphite shafts are now available as a no-cost upgrade for PXG irons including the $89 per club 0211's.

Hope this helps.
Looks like PXG has substituted the Accra iSeries in place of the MMT shafts. Both have the mesh tip, never played Accra shafts but I love the MMT. Don't know if it's and equal trade or not.

IMO the accra is a much better feeling shaft, the problem is the same as the MMT they just don't have the heavier weights (above 80) available in the 0211. The fitter tried both and they were so close numbers wise in the 80 weight range but to me in hand accra just felt better.

I've never hit the Accra, but I like the MMT 70's... a lot.
I was thinking about getting either the 0211 SW & LW or the 0311 forged wedges with the MMT shafts also. However if I can't get the matching MMTs, I'm going to just pass on the graphite shafted wedges experiment.
I'll save a few bucks and probably be better off, as I rarely take full swings with my 54 and 58 anyway.

Went through a lot to get to hit a 0211 7 iron to see if I liked it. I did not. Glad I did not purchase them. Went with the Ping 410's instead

I almost pulled the trigger on a set of G410s but I liked the 0211s more. It’s funny how personal preferences can go either way. G-series irons are always a solid choice and this latest offering is the best looking too.

@lanoxrehab
Best of luck with the 410's. In my opinion a mid cap player can never go wrong with the Ping G series irons. They're great irons. Forgiving enough for a 12-20 cap, and versatile enough to be played by a single digit player. They can take you to whatever level you want to get to, and are good enough to stay in the bag when you get there.
I'm curious though... what did you base your decision on?
Was it forgiveness, distance, feel... or maybe the look? I'm asking because I tested both, and would have been happy with either one. I went with the 0211's because
A They were about $300 cheaper
B The MMT shaft at no upgrade
C Progressive set
D I felt like I was getting a touch more performance in a more attractive package (granted, looks are subjective)
E There was no comparison in feel. The 0211's won that hands down. They felt at least as good as my Apex 16's.
BTW I love your WITB set up. Very well thought out...(y)
On trackman I was hitting the 410 straight as an arrow about 135 yards. No mishits. The 211's I hit 140 yards when I hit it solid, but too many 'gumfs" and bad shots, so I would say forgiveness. Because I am a vet, the 211's would of been cheaper, but had to go with worked best for my game.

So I guess it's time for me to bid this thread a fond farewell, lol.
I sent my PXG 0211's back under the 30 day guarantee yesterday. I could've gamed them very happily... they were beautiful. felt great, and performed well. The problem was I hit the Rogue X, and got a club more in distance. At 66 years of age, that's a lot to give up, especially when that club is giving you the same forgiveness and launch.
The Rogue X don't come close in bag appeal to the 0211's, but I just can't walk away from their performance.
Enjoy the PXG's guys! Everyone who bought them got a great club at a great price. I know I'll probably regret returning them someday, but there's nothing similar between the 0211's and the X's, so I had to make a tough choice on which was best for me going forward.

Last edited:
...and before my post above this one grows old, I've changed my mind!!! :eek::eek::eek:
I felt the opposite of whatever buyers remorse is the moment I shipped my 0211's back to PXG last week.
I actually considered going back to the Fed Ex store the day I dropped them off and getting them back. So... I called PXG today and they're sending them back to me. The young lady I spoke to couldn't have been nicer, she understood my insanity, and really helped me out.
All's well that ends well. I over reacted after going through a rough 3 week stretch with my game. I wasn't hitting anything well, and got so down on myself I didn't think it was the time for new irons.
The funny thing is, it was my old irons I struggled with.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Looks like PXG has substituted the Accra iSeries in place of the MMT shafts. Both have the mesh tip, never played Accra shafts but I love the MMT. Don't know if it's and equal trade or not.
As of today, the MMT shafts are back. I spoke to them today, because yesterday the only graphite options on the site were Aerotech and something else. Both were $40 upgrades.
PXG is a great company, but I've never seen one where pricing, club and shaft availability change as often as it does with them.

howdy guys, was looking for some input from those that have played the 0211's. I'll shoot 98-105 on a good day and 112 on not so good day (never calculated my actual handicap but would say about 17-18?). I live in Alaska so i golf in chunks (during the summer, than have to wait till i start flying around in winter). im about to head down to Phoenix for my usual winter trip and seriously looking at getting a set of the 0211's. how have you mid-hi handicaps like them? below is a list of some hit points on me and why im looking at new clubs.

-Current irons are Nike Vapor Speeds
-Have no issue with getting the ball up in the air, but dont have the greatest range (that dosent bother me to much since i have always played with about the same amount of club ranges and im use to it)
-Knowing i will probably not consistently break 100 until i move down to AZ, but i would like to move into an iron that can truly grow with me.
-MOST OF ALL, Hate the look of GI or cavity back irons with all the colors, plastics, and molding...really love the look of clean simple players forged irons, but obviously im not good enough for that style club)

other option was a set of Hogans, the Edges?

Last edited:
howdy guys, was looking for some input from those that have played the 0211's. I'll shoot 98-105 on a good day and 112 on not so good day (never calculated my actual handicap but would say about 17-18?). I live in Alaska so i golf in chunks (during the summer, than have to wait till i start flying around in winter). im about to head down to Phoenix for my usual winter trip and seriously looking at getting a set of the 0211's. how have you mid-hi handicaps like them? below is a list of some hit points on me and why im looking at new clubs.

-Current irons are Nike Vapor Speeds
-Have no issue with getting the ball up in the air, but dont have the greatest range (that dosent bother me to much since i have always played with about the same amount of club ranges and im use to it)
-Knowing i will probably not consistently break 100 until i move down to AZ, but i would like to move into an iron that can truly grow with me.
-MOST OF ALL, Hate the look of GI or cavity back irons with all the colors, plastics, and molding...really love the look of clean simple players forged irons, but obviously im not good enough for that style club)

other option was a set of Hogans, the Edges?

I play to around an 8-11 cap depending on my game. Usually shoot 77-83 from the white tees. I briefly had a set of 0211’s. I hit them well but for me it’s all about ease of use and confidence. The 6 and 7 irons got a little small looking to my eye

For that reason I prefer Super game improvement irons. If you like the PXG style at your skill level I’d look at the 0311 Gen 2 XF or SGI’s. Both clean looking and Substantially easier clubs to get around the course with.

I had the SGI’s and really liked them. Got rid of them and have a little bit of sellers remorse.

not to soap box here but at your scoring level you’d be better served buying a lesson package.
When I was shooting around 92-95 I did a 3 lesson package and finally got down to mid to low 80’s. It took a while but with practice and some instruction one can improve.

I play to around an 8-11 cap depending on my game. Usually shoot 77-83 from the white tees. I briefly had a set of 0211’s. I hit them well but for me it’s all about ease of use and confidence. The 6 and 7 irons got a little small looking to my eye

For that reason I prefer Super game improvement irons. If you like the PXG style at your skill level I’d look at the 0311 Gen 2 XF or SGI’s. Both clean looking and Substantially easier clubs to get around the course with.

I had the SGI’s and really liked them. Got rid of them and have a little bit of sellers remorse.

not to soap box here but at your scoring level you’d be better served buying a lesson package.
When I was shooting around 92-95 I did a 3 lesson package and finally got down to mid to low 80’s. It took a while but with practice and some instruction one can improve.
thanks for the feed back, i did just go back to their website and the Gen 2 XF i think those are exactly what i was looking for! didn't look at them before because i thought all the 0311 series was more player oriented. I have had a few lessons in the past and actually lose most of my strokes on the tee or not taking my time putting (im a lefty and have a wicked left slice im still trying to figure out with my driver so i usually pull my 3W on the box). For Irons im actually pretty happy with my game for how much i get to play, and can usually place the shot in the ball park of where i want. As for the longer iron, no matter what set i get my 4 and 5 will become hybrids.

since i will be going to phoenix and staying in Scottsdale, looks like PXG has a facility in north Scottsdale that i can go to and feel the clubs. but still wanted to hear your guys feedback because obviously in a PXG store, they will be a little biased haha

Last edited:
I have the Gen2 XFs and they are the best irons I’ve ever hit. A full club further than I hit the Gen1’s with a great feel and sound. I love them.

I ordered a set of 0211’s 8 days ago with the Accra regular flex shafts. I ordered on the phone, so they were $84 per club. That’s a bargain in my book. I also was able to spec each club individually. For instance, I ordered the 5 and 6 irons plus 1/2 inch and the other clubs plus 3/4 inch. I ordered standard lofts on the 5 through 8 iron and tweaked the lofts on the 9 iron and wedges. The ability to do that level of customization for $84 a club is pretty impressive.

I have the Gen2 XFs and they are the best irons I’ve ever hit. A full club further than I hit the Gen1’s with a great feel and sound. I love them.

awesome to hear bud, what your usual score and what clubs did you have before?

thansk!

awesome to hear bud, what your usual score and what clubs did you have before?

thansk!

Prior to my PXGs I gamed several iteration of cavity back Callaway irons. I also did a season with the Cobra One Length F9’s which were great, but I never hit them as well as the PXG irons. I’m an 18 handicap so the distance and forgiveness I get with the XFs is really helpful.

I can’t compare the Gen2 0311 irons to the 0211s since I’ve never swung them. PXG put out some stats that seemed to indicate the performance was pretty close but couldn’t vouch for that myself.

Prior to my PXGs I gamed several iteration of cavity back Callaway irons. I also did a season with the Cobra One Length F9’s which were great, but I never hit them as well as the PXG irons. I’m an 18 handicap so the distance and forgiveness I get with the XFs is really helpful.

I can’t compare the Gen2 0311 irons to the 0211s since I’ve never swung them. PXG put out some stats that seemed to indicate the performance was pretty close but couldn’t vouch for that myself.
so thats awesome to hear that you came from regular cavity backs and have a similar handicap as what mine might be. I just scheduled a swing appointment at the PXG office in Scottsdale. Hopefully those XF's hit good for me because they have everything else going that i want!

Would you say the XF's are about the size of a ping G series type iron (so say G400/410, etc)?

They have some heft as you go lower for sure, but they do not feel, play, or even set up like game improvement irons. One of the differences when they moved from Gen1’s to Gen2’s is the the irons are less ‘chunky’ and have a slightly more ‘sleek’ build (probably because they improved the filler foam and reduced the need for quite as bulky a profile). If you haven’t seen the THP review if the Gen2 XFs that might give you some more feedback. Haven’t played the Pings so sorry can’t directly answer that question.

I have a set of 0211 that I got in April of this year. I got them with the MMT shafts in R flex. I'm a 13(+or-) depending on the day and how I'm hitting them.
The things that impressed me with these irons is feel...they just feel butter smooth and to me equal to a forged iron. Their distance is very good but if you're looking for pure distance irons, these would not be your first choice. They set-up very good, have a clean look and pack some interesting technology. I didn't get these fit by PXG, but people that went to their AZ facility to get fit say the experience was unbelievable.
If you like a good set of irons that look clean with zero badging in the cavity, feels like a forged iron, has respectable distance, these irons are hard to beat. Other than my old CF16 irons, these are my best iron purchase to date.

Back