New PXG 0211 Iron Set

I just like the look more than anything. Getting rid of the screw look actually helped them if anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copy is the I line from Ping. Not as nice in my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d be interested to hit them but I still don’t particularly like the PXG mentality or model.

They don’t look like bad irons and I like the stock shaft so I’ll try them.

They look long from heel to toe, good looking stick but not for me

Yeah I'm not sure they can be considered "affordable" at $1600-2000 for an 8 piece set. When most other make/model iron sets are closer to $1200 for an 8 piece set.

I think it would be a better price if they could have worked in typical "upcharge" shafts for the same price. That could make them cheaper than other options if you preferred certain make/model shafts.

My Srixon 765/565 set of 8 irons from my club was $865 with DG Tour Issue X100 AMT. Not bad for Japanese manufactured forged irons. I’m curious why PXG needs to offer a “budget” set of irons and also offers a driver that is $300 cheaper. I thought Parson’s was no compromise kind of guy.

My Srixon 765/565 set of 8 irons from my club was $865 with DG Tour Issue X100 AMT. Not bad for Japanese manufactured forged irons. I’m curious why PXG needs to offer a “budget” set of irons and also offers a driver that is $300 cheaper. I thought Parson’s was no compromise kind of guy.

Srixon is a steal for what you get and it would be great to see more companies closer to their price point.

I’m not sure why PXG has seemed to change their model. Maybe the push will be that these are the best cast irons money can buy.

I prefer the look of the i500s to these (also know those performer )

But these are the best looking PXG irons they’ve put out IMO

I wouldn’t mind gaming these though - but back to the price $195 vs $162 for the pings is solid

Tough one though I would attribute the cost difference to DG105 stock vs Elevate both are great shafts too

Anyone playing these? $105 per iron with heroes pricing and free driver is tempting.

I hit one at a local store and came away very indifferent. Didn’t see much in the way of distance gains or accuracy compared to the other head i was hitting which was hot metal pro.

Probably just didn’t work for my swing.

I still really don’t get this release from them, I mean I get hitting a different price point, but they also undercut their own users who bought into the PXG price philosophy a bit.

From what I’ve seen they are differentiating it based on the 03x models being forged and thus more expensive to forge (including the weight ports), while the 02x is cast and cheaper to make. However, they did say that 02x would feel the same and perform the same as the 03x so :confused2:

Funniest part to me is that I can order a single iron for $105 (with the heroes discount) but then its $30 for shipping.

If I order two clubs...shipping goes to $60?!?

That's gotta be a joke right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I was fit for these last Saturday. I currently game CF16 with i95 steel fiber in stiff. The head is lighter than the CF16 so it took quite a few shafts until I found the combo that worked. I have to say the profile looking down is thin and tidy. They really did a good job on the visual from the top. Sole is narrower than the CF16 and does not have the leading edge relief found on the Callaway. I can tell you they felt good and flight and distance were good as well.

I ordered them with the Accra I90 shaft which added 25 to the 105 heroes pricing. I was not bothered by the shipping as that is cooked into a standard set off the rack. I bought a driver earlier this year and the box it came in was strong enough for me to stand on and actually beautiful. All in all I will have right at $1000 in my set. That includes the shaft up grade and a free gen 1 driver as well as the fitting.

I am reserving judgment on total performance until I get them in play but I appreciate the sentiment behind the heroes program. Bob Parsons made my taking a chance on these pretty easy and I am excited to give them a go.

Down to $125/iron till end of the year. $95ea Hero’s pricing.

Anyone picking up a set?

Best looking PXG yet.

Parsons is giving vets, active duty military, and first responders damn near a 50% discount. I bought myself and a friend a set of 0311’s as a self gift for a decade of suffering in the Marine Corps. There are some major OEMs you have to ask in order to get a 10-20% Military discount. When the Gen #1’s came out you could barely have a conversation about the clubs without getting shouted down because of the cost. Of course cost is a factor, but it’s not the only factor. The irony is, I think Parsons wanted to make their clubs available at a price point that would allow more folks to enjoy them. As someone else mentioned, these basically have the same face and COR2 filler material as the Gen 2 0311 irons have at a much lower price point. The testing (at least per PXG) shows they actually outperform the Gen 1 irons in ball speed, distance, spin, and shot dispersion at less than 1/3rd of the cost. I don’t see a downside in having a more economically priced offering. PXG makes some great irons.

As far as the 0211's, I don't really love the look of them. I think the screws on the 0311s are beautiful, sort of an industrial look and I've had no trouble keeping them clean (screws are titanium). I would love to hear from more folks who have played the 0211s.

Last edited:
Seems as if PXG is reaching out to normal premium pricing. I still wonder about their build quality. I guess they've marketed more as an in-house builder with limited shaft options. But I was talking with a clubmaker. I should not do that... He sells PXG goods and I guess with all the changes and turbulence since Parsons started, he says he realizes why Parsons needs bodyguards.

Last edited:
0211's are currently $95/iron if you participate in their Heroes program. That's a great deal.

Any chance mods can move this to the equipment area ??

Today is the last day of the price drop so I figured why not. Have a 4-P set ordered.

Wonder how long before they ship? I received my order confirmation last Tuesday. Went with the MMT graphite shafts. The shafts alone are ~$90 each it appears. Makes $95 a club a great deal.

Was quoted a 10 day build time and were ready for pickup on day 10.
BDD11D7A-00EC-4590-B630-C0DC4A6725E5.jpeg
72AD18E1-2CE4-41BF-B425-98AEC2D47E2D.jpeg

Back