New PXG 0211 Iron Set

I ordered 6 - GW with MMT 80 shafts on the 10th. Can't wait to get them.

Haven't played this light of a shaft in a while, but my focus is going to be not swinging as hard & focusing on control. Hoping the lighter weight will keep the SS up while I focus on contact.

Received my 6 - GW set on Monday. Packaging was impressive in black box , each club packed in foam. Have just hit a few shots, but great feel. Got the MMT graphite 60 gram shafts. Ordered on December 23, delivered on January 13. $95 per club.

Very nice guys. Just wish I had the game for these. How do these compare in shape and size to the Ping I210/200’s ?

I guess I am glad that PXG has a 30 day return policy because this experiment has been a colossal failure.

I guess I am glad that PXG has a 30 day return policy because this experiment has been a colossal failure.
All ears........

All ears........

They were all over the place. I was fighting a 2-way miss and the larger sole just isn't working with my swing. Plus I think the Elevate shaft just doesn't work for my swing.

It was an impulse buy and it didn't work out.

Was it the shaft, head or both?

This makes me question my impulse buy as well

They were all over the place. I was fighting a 2-way miss and the larger sole just isn't working with my swing. Plus I think the Elevate shaft just doesn't work for my swing.

It was an impulse buy and it didn't work out.
Just curious about your issues. I ordered (blindly) a 6i with the MMT shaft. I really worked out for me, not the greatest, but certainly worth trying a full set. I sent an e-mail regarding the shipping costs and see if we could get them either deferred or less than the $100 that they want. That was 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a word from them. I resent my e-mail about 3 days ago and so far only crickets. The head was OK, the shaft is what made this 6i iron very playable. Not going to beg for a set of clubs.

I did a 'phone fit' based off what I had just been fit into fairly recently here at home station. 0211 with stiff Elevate Tours. Love them! I am hitting a fair bit higher than previously and lost zero distance. I can also hit super nice knock downs and can work them well when I have to do so. My tree-escaper 5 iron is probably my favorite; hooks, draws, stingers, whatever, are easy. I started with 6-GW but later picked up the 5 and SW. The SW was a complete test buy because I had a CBX in play already and didn't really need to change it up, but it has worked out really well. Consistent, high flying, good spin when applied appropriately (I've never in my life backed up, or dead stuck, so many shots).

With all that said, I would like to go to ATL and hit the 311s. I've heard/read a lot of times how people were surprised a bit by them going from the 211s.

Just curious about your issues. I ordered (blindly) a 6i with the MMT shaft. I really worked out for me, not the greatest, but certainly worth trying a full set. I sent an e-mail regarding the shipping costs and see if we could get them either deferred or less than the $100 that they want. That was 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a word from them. I resent my e-mail about 3 days ago and so far only crickets. The head was OK, the shaft is what made this 6i iron very playable. Not going to beg for a set of clubs.
Why not call them???

I just called to check on my order that was placed on the 9th. The customer service rep that I spoke with said that they are working on orders from the 6th today, so they should start working on mine in 2 to 3 more days.
High demand has them running 3 to 4 days longer than normal for turn around.

Called and spoke with customer service, they were very polite, but offered no concession to their shipping policy. Might bite the bullet, IDK. It costs less then half to ship a staff bag, than it does clubs. I guess it is what it is.

Box is way bigger than needed due to each club being packaged in hard foam. Impressive, even has a handle.

I live in Tucson, ~100 miles from the factory and they still charged $60.

Last edited:
Got notice that my clubs shipped today & should arrive on Monday. If they come in on time, I'll try to get on a launch monitor at the PGA Superstore.

Clubs came into today. Got a chance to take the 8i to the range & hit a few balls along side my CF16 8i.

I love the look of the black MMT shaft in the satin 0211 heads, but the thing I like most about them is the reduced offset compared to the CF16s. The 0211 8i offset is less than the CF16 GW offset. I didn't a hit single over cooked draw with the 0211 8i.

Distance was pretty close. The CF16s appeared to be a longer, but the shafts are 1/2" longer they appeared to have less spin & more release/roll out as well. I won't know for sure until I can get them on a monitor side by side. I don't mind losing a little distance if I get more control, but I won't keep them if that means giving up a lot of the distance I'm used to.

Returning my 0211s under the 30 day guarantee (10% restocking). Not for me. Great feel but about a club shorter than current irons. Pre-ordered the Ping G710s with Distanza shafts and power spec.

Returning my 0211s under the 30 day guarantee (10% restocking). Not for me. Great feel but about a club shorter than current irons. Pre-ordered the Ping G710s with Distanza shafts and power spec.
that feel thing is so damn subjective too. I didn't mind the results (on a monitor) but wanted nothing to do with the sound when I hit them, especially against 0311 and HMP. It actually surprised me at the time.

Clubs came into today. Got a chance to take the 8i to the range & hit a few balls along side my CF16 8i.

I love the look of the black MMT shaft in the satin 0211 heads, but the thing I like most about them is the reduced offset compared to the CF16s. The 0211 8i offset is less than the CF16 GW offset. I didn't a hit single over cooked draw with the 0211 8i.

Distance was pretty close. The CF16s appeared to be a longer, but the shafts are 1/2" longer they appeared to have less spin & more release/roll out as well. I won't know for sure until I can get them on a monitor side by side. I don't mind losing a little distance if I get more control, but I won't keep them if that means giving up a lot of the distance I'm used to.
I'm still on the fence on these. I too came from the CF16 only mine had the Aerotech shaft in them. My 6i with the MMT was not quite up to the CF16 but damn close. Be interested in your side by side. I like the feel and profile of the clubs. My CF16 are in the corner and I'm playing 714 AP1 now simply because I hit them better.

In went and did a side by side between the Mavrik, HM, P790, 0211. Did the HM's first wanted to gauge the feel and I was surprised that the feel off the face was very hard, just didn't seem to have any softness whatsoever. Tried the P790 and they have a very good feel and the distance was acceptable but the profile as I looked down was meh. On to the Mavrik, wow as far as distance goes and the feeling was just ok on off-center hits, but it definitely has distance. When I look down at it, it looks ok, just reminds me of the same profile of the Steelhead and the Rogue irons. So then I tried the PXG 0211. I like the high toe profile, distance was equal or just a little better than the P790, but the feel is just something else. To me it feels like a forged iron on flush hits, and really not that much worse on low or toe strikes. Feel and looks to me play as much of a role in irons as distance. The short irons gave me the high shot that I like also. Ordered a set with the MMT graphite shafts, MMC+4 grips.

NOTE: PXG was the last set I ever though of owning. What made this deal better was their Hero program which I took advantage of which made it an even better deal.

In went and did a side by side between the Mavrik, HM, P790, 0211. Did the HM's first wanted to gauge the feel and I was surprised that the feel off the face was very hard, just didn't seem to have any softness whatsoever. Tried the P790 and they have a very good feel and the distance was acceptable but the profile as I looked down was meh. On to the Mavrik, wow as far as distance goes and the feeling was just ok on off-center hits, but it definitely has distance. When I look down at it, it looks ok, just reminds me of the same profile of the Steelhead and the Rogue irons. So then I tried the PXG 0211. I like the high toe profile, distance was equal or just a little better than the P790, but the feel is just something else. To me it feels like a forged iron on flush hits, and really not that much worse on low or toe strikes. Feel and looks to me play as much of a role in irons as distance. The short irons gave me the high shot that I like also. Ordered a set with the MMT graphite shafts, MMC+4 grips.

NOTE: PXG was the last set I ever though of owning. What made this deal better was their Hero program which I took advantage of which made it an even better deal.
I agree on the feel when I made good contact, but making consistent contact has been an issue for me with the MMT 80 shafts.

What shafts were you gaming previously?

I agree on the feel when I made good contact, but making consistent contact has been an issue for me with the MMT 80 shafts.

What shafts were you gaming previously?
Two different type of shafts, I had Aerotech 70i in my CF16, and more recently XP95 in my Titleist AP1. I really have no issue with the contact. did you up the SW on the irons? They usually play to a D1 I got my to a D2 which is the same as steel.

Two different type of shafts, I had Aerotech 70i in my CF16, and more recently XP95 in my Titleist AP1. I really have no issue with the contact. did you up the SW on the irons? They usually play to a D1 I got my to a D2 which is the same as steel.
The shaft weight difference for me was 35g per shaft from what I normally play. I should've known better to order an 80g shaft.

Back