New PXG 0211 Iron Set

@Xman you have owned both the i500 and the PXG 0211? any thoughts to share? I am curious since the only iron to give me more ball speed was the i500 and it was weaker loft than the Honma and it looked pretty good.
Having seen @troyefl 0211 irons (whiched looked real good to the eye test) it got me thinking that they are a bit newer and maybe even better. With the deal they have on now and they say 2 week delivery it is a good ponder, I asked them if the OBAN CT115 or Paderson 110 was an option and it is not, but I could get along with the Steelfiber FC 115.

I also texted the CC fitter to see if they can get the same clubhead price from PXG (I don't see why not) and have them build them with the shaft I want.

Found out the place I was fit for PING anser irons years ago is now a PXG fitter and they do the whole thing off grass, so I am going to give it a shot next Thursday

Being fitted on 17th for possible set of 0211 as military veteran discount but the more I read less sure on these? I currently am 62 have lost a lot of swing speed and gaming the Diablo Forged irons about 12 years old with reg graphite original shafts and not sure I will get as good as feel or workability. Used to be about a 9 now probably closer to 14 an only hit 7 iron about 155-160. Unless at least a club longer may not jump at the current deal ($99 a club) but still thinking about it. Others clubs mainly Titleist.

If you can afford, hit the Gen2 XFs

Has anyone who has hit the 0211 hit the PING i500? I am real curious as I actually like the i500 but it is a bit dated tech wise. When did the 0211 come on the market?

I hit the i500 during a demo only, I like the look of 0211 a lot better. There's no comparison in feel, 0211 is superior.

Being fitted on 17th for possible set of 0211 as military veteran discount but the more I read less sure on these? I currently am 62 have lost a lot of swing speed and gaming the Diablo Forged irons about 12 years old with reg graphite original shafts and not sure I will get as good as feel or workability. Used to be about a 9 now probably closer to 14 an only hit 7 iron about 155-160. Unless at least a club longer may not jump at the current deal ($99 a club) but still thinking about it. Others clubs mainly Titleist.
I'm a "tad" older than you are, but have no issue with these clubs. I'm a 13 cap, not a huge ball hitter, so I'm just resigning myself to the fact that it's a natural progression. What I've chosen to do is to concentrate on my accuracy from 100 yards in and to be realistic in knowing that I can't hit 165 yard 7 irons anymore! I club down to a six, no shame in it just the way it is. I go mainly for feel, looks and set-up and not distance. You can try these out with an "A" MMT flex if you feel that you've lost some speed, but if you still hit you 7 iron 155-160 there's no reason why you can't hit these that long also in an "R" flex which is what I play. BTW, and it's not $99 , they have special pricing through 9-30 at $89 per club!

I'm a "tad" older than you are, but have no issue with these clubs. I'm a 13 cap, not a huge ball hitter, so I'm just resigning myself to the fact that it's a natural progression. What I've chosen to do is to concentrate on my accuracy from 100 yards in and to be realistic in knowing that I can't hit 165 yard 7 irons anymore! I club down to a six, no shame in it just the way it is. I go mainly for feel, looks and set-up and not distance. You can try these out with an "A" MMT flex if you feel that you've lost some speed, but if you still hit you 7 iron 155-160 there's no reason why you can't hit these that long also in an "R" flex which is what I play. BTW, and it's not $99 , they have special pricing through 9-30 at $89 per club!
Thanks much great post

I wrote an email PXG customer service to see if they might give Veterans still a little discount on top of dropped price of $89 a club to general public price and surprisingly got reply they might discuss in a meeting a manager said - definitely seem like good company to work with and I paid a fitting to try out and get specs if I ordered. On other hand a prominent golf shop in VA believes PXG might be going by the wayside due the current situation but I hope they do survive - innovation is always good.

I am really considering these irons for my bag with the price drop and the ability to still get fit. I've met the PXG fitter for my area before and he was great to work with. Everything I have read, watched, and listened to say that the 0211 irons sound and feel different from the 0311 for obvious reasons but they don't feel bad by any means.

I am really considering these irons for my bag with the price drop and the ability to still get fit. I've met the PXG fitter for my area before and he was great to work with. Everything I have read, watched, and listened to say that the 0211 irons sound and feel different from the 0311 for obvious reasons but they don't feel bad by any means.

I will let you know Thursday afternoon, I intend to give them a fair chance to kick the Honma's out of the bag, the 0311 will also get a fair shake but the 0211 would be a sweet deal if they have the goods.

I expect to hit my 8 iron to the 0211 7 iron for a honest comparision imo loft wise.

EDIT; I just checked the lofts and the 7 irons are the same in both sets, for some reason I thought the Honma was less loft.

Last edited:
At $89 per club with MMT shafts, this is a no brainer. I ordered 5-GW MMT 70 on Thursday. $623 plus $60 shipping.
I had the lofts adjusted to match the PING power specs for the G410 irons.
I've hit my friends set a few times and I'd describe these as 410ish in the 5,6 and 7 iron, close to the i210 in the 8 on down. Very nice feeling set of clubs. With the adjusted loft, I prefer them in both feel and distance when compared to the 790, CF19, and i500. The fact that they're half the price? Thanks Mr. Parsons.

At $89 per club with MMT shafts, this is a no brainer. I ordered 5-GW MMT 70 on Thursday. $623 plus $60 shipping.
I had the lofts adjusted to match the PING power specs for the G410 irons.
I've hit my friends set a few times and I'd describe these as 410ish in the 5,6 and 7 iron, close to the i210 in the 8 on down. Very nice feeling set of clubs. With the adjusted loft, I prefer them in both feel and distance when compared to the 790, CF19, and i500. The fact that they're half the price? Thanks Mr. Parsons.

I really like the progressive design of these irons. I want to look at something more forgiving at the upper end of a set of irons. I almost pulled the trigger on a set of Launcher UHX irons but the pro shop owner reminded me about the PXG deal. If they feel anywhere close to the Gen1 0311 irons, count me in.

I really like the progressive design of these irons. I want to look at something more forgiving at the upper end of a set of irons. I almost pulled the trigger on a set of Launcher UHX irons but the pro shop owner reminded me about the PXG deal. If they feel anywhere close to the Gen1 0311 irons, count me in.
The 0211's being a progressive set appealed to me also.
I've never hit the 0311, but I can tell you that I've owned the Apex cf16 irons, and tested the 0211 against the '19 version. They're both really good irons, but PXG feels as good, if not better than both IMO. The PING i210 and i500 and TM 790 weren't close. OEM's have taken a lot of liberty the last few years claiming an iron is forged, when it's only a partially forged club.
I'm amazed at how nice the 0211's feel, they must have some "magic goo" injected into these heads. The only caveats with them are
A if you like the "crisp" feel of let's say a Titleist or PING G iron, these aren't for you. These have a very different feel.
B. They aren't really what I'd call a distance iron by modern standards. The lofts are comparable to the Mizuno Hot Metal and PING G 410's, so the distance you get will be comparable (I got a little bit more with the 0211's 8-GW, about 1/2 a club with the 5-7 in the standard loft).
I didn't want to adjust my entire bag because of gapping issues at the top and bottom of the set (my hybrid is 21* and my wedges are 52* and 58*) so I had the lofts adjusted.
These heads launch easily and have a lot of Ping DNA in them, so I wasn't concerned losing a bit of bounce, and the MMT shaft works great with them.

Last edited:
The 0211's being a progressive set appealed to me also.
I've never hit the 0311, but I can tell you that I've owned the Apex cf16 irons, and tested the 0211 against the '19 version. They're both really good irons, but PXG feels as good, if not better than both IMO. The PING i210 and i500 and TM 790 weren't close. OEM's have taken a lot of liberty the last few years claiming an iron is forged, when it's only a partially forged club.
I'm amazed at how nice the 0211's feel, they must have some "magic goo" injected into these heads. The only caveats with them are
A if you like the "crisp" feel of let's say a Titleist or PING G iron, these aren't for you. These have a very different feel.
B. They aren't really what I'd call a distance iron by modern standards. The lofts are comparable to the Mizuno Hot Metal and PING G 410's, so the distance you get will be comparable (I got a little bit more with the 0211's 8-GW, about 1/2 a club with the 5-7 in the standard loft).
I didn't want to adjust my entire bag because of gapping issues at the top and bottom of the set (my hybrid is 21* and my wedges are 52* and 58*) so I had the lofts adjusted.
These heads launch easily and have a lot of Ping DNA in them, so I wasn't concerned losing a bit of bounce, and the MMT shaft works great with them.

I'm a picker so less bounce sounds great to me! My "thin to win" tag isn't just for show. That's basically my golfing motto :ROFLMAO:

I'm a picker so less bounce sounds great to me! My "thin to win" tag isn't just for show. That's basically my golfing motto :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I’m the same way. 😉

0211 have arrived.... Initial thoughts.

So I received my 4-pw set yesterday and went out for 9 holes and ended up playing 18.

I just want to comment on the feel and feedback first. I can related to others about the feel. They just feel good. I can say they feel like when you flush a forged iron but all the time. On mishits, you can tell it wasn't pure but you don't get negative vibrations or a sting through your hands. I noticed when my mishits carry about how far when i hit it well with my old irons. (Rogue pros).

I haven't grooved them yet but I hit a few greens and the ones I didn't were just short or a little off on the fringe areas. Forgiveness is off the charts.

The club head size is bigger but in a players shape, just bigger. It does inspire confidence but doesn't look like a shovel or GI iron.

I'll add more soon, btw also put into play the PXG 0811 X gen 2 driver. It's a monster with the right shaft to match.

Attachments

• IMG_20200914_112759503.jpg
    IMG_20200914_112759503.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 21
0211 have arrived.... Initial thoughts.

So I received my 4-pw set yesterday and went out for 9 holes and ended up playing 18.

I just want to comment on the feel and feedback first. I can related to others about the feel. They just feel good. I can say they feel like when you flush a forged iron but all the time. On mishits, you can tell it wasn't pure but you don't get negative vibrations or a sting through your hands. I noticed when my mishits carry about how far when i hit it well with my old irons. (Rogue pros).

I haven't grooved them yet but I hit a few greens and the ones I didn't were just short or a little off on the fringe areas. Forgiveness is off the charts.

The club head size is bigger but in a players shape, just bigger. It does inspire confidence but doesn't look like a shovel or GI iron.

I'll add more soon, btw also put into play the PXG 0811 X gen 2 driver. It's a monster with the right shaft to match.
Good to hear you like your new sticks. You described them well. You feel there as long as the Rogue Pros. Good to know. Almost bought those last year but got the Apex 19 instead,which I sold to get the 0211s.

Ah the waiting is the toughest part, should be at least 3 more weeks..

I ordered mine on 9/3, they're saying build will begin on 9/23.

Ordered on Sept 1st, shipped today & scheduled for FedEx delivery tomorrow. 👍🤘😛

The fitter told me he thought they were low on 4 irons and LW's so that might delay my set. For once I am not in a big hurry since I still have my Honma's to beat around. Well I am in a hurry, but it doesn't matter in these times.

The fitter told me he thought they were low on 4 irons and LW's so that might delay my set. For once I am not in a big hurry since I still have my Honma's to beat around. Well I am in a hurry, but it doesn't matter in these times.
You went full set with the wedges? NOICE!

jim54, I went 5 thru PW.

Back