New PXG 0211 Iron Set

I fell in love with the 0211's. I recently bought a set of Wilson Staff's and I tried out the 0211's on the launch monitor as well. The place I was at had them but their pricing was twice what I could get them for direct....So I got the Staff's. I hit the Staff's pretty well but that pang in my head kept saying 0211...So I bought a set...They came two weeks ago...I ran to the range and hit em and hit em...And then I would pick up the Staff's and hit them better....So I sold the 0211's about as fast as I bought them and actually made money....When I tested them the Staff's were the best...I now have double confirmation for me...But at least I took the jump and it wasn't painful.

I fell in love with the 0211's. I recently bought a set of Wilson Staff's and I tried out the 0211's on the launch monitor as well. The place I was at had them but their pricing was twice what I could get them for direct....So I got the Staff's. I hit the Staff's pretty well but that pang in my head kept saying 0211...So I bought a set...They came two weeks ago...I ran to the range and hit em and hit em...And then I would pick up the Staff's and hit them better....So I sold the 0211's about as fast as I bought them and actually made money....When I tested them the Staff's were the best...I now have double confirmation for me...But at least I took the jump and it wasn't painful.
what staff's?

Yeah! They have arrived! 6-PW MMT 60A. Time for the driving range. Damn, there pretty.

ef65eba901e20f4087e008fa8ab1d2ce.jpg

a200791aa733b5422bfeef5a409ccf7a.jpg

321669ee8615649ab83f521f2f2f78af.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got mine back in April on a blind purchase. I am a 16 handicap and was a bit worried whether the 0211’s would be forgiving enough for my swing.
Well I can attest that they are!
Got mine with the MMT 70R shafts. Weight is really comfortable for me.
I have found the PXG’s to be a better club for me than the Callaway Big Bertha’s I had played for the past 4 years. Took a little time to adjust to the distances I hit them (half club shorter) but took no time at all to adapt to the much greater accuracy of the PXG’s.

what staff's?
The D7 and the cast. They have the recoil graphite. I have swung graphite for 25 years in my irons. When I hit at launch monitor the two D7 and 0211's were near identical. Maybe if I put the recoil into the 0211 heads....Ha....always tinkering...

According to fedex, today is delivery day for my 0211s. Thank goodness I’m playing a scramble this morning, otherwise I’d be sitting in the front porch all day. Yes, ima kid on Xmas morning. If they arrive today, tomorrow it will be launch monitor comparison and gap check between them and my JPX900HM.

As I have mentioned many times of the 50 sets of irons owned since mainly mid 80s ,including the JPX 900 4-g these 0211 with MMT 80s are excellent.

It’s extremely difficult playing golf and having these 0211s sitting in the storeroom. This weekend was club championship and would be foolish to maiden flight the new clubs in a tournament. So Saturday I played my JPX900HM with Recoil ZT9 460. Was +1 thru six, then the wheels came off. Ended up with a 41/42.

So come Sunday, I had nothing to lose, might as well breakout the PXGs. 10 minute warmup was all I had on the range before hitting the course. And without LM time, I had no idea any distance changes with the 0211. What the heck, after Saturday, Sunday was about fun.

Comparing the two sets, the 0211s with MMT 60A felt quite a bit lighter. Particularly light in the head. Had a bit of trouble feeling the head at the top of my swing. Enough of a difference that I was having a bit of trouble finding the center of the face. Did have a few shots that I flushed, and those flew further than my Mizuno’s.

Had swing weight and overall weight checked. Same swing weight between both sets (D1) and negligible overall weight difference.

Hit driving range today to sort them out. By end of the session was hitting the whole set quite well. Much more flush than Sunday. Getting used to the feel. Determining carry distances for me nearly impossible with range balls. But I had several shots with the 6 iron that flew slightly beyond the 150 stake. My normal 6 is good for about 144. Also 9 iron carrying beyond the 120 stake, my normal 115 club. So I’m seeing a yardage increase on flush strikes. Plus, narrowed down the dispersion pattern as the session progressed.

Friday I have LM session and will lock down my yardages. And, I have rounds tomorrow and Thursday scheduled. If you’re finding this interesting, I’ll keep posting updates.

New clubs are so fun!!

It’s extremely difficult playing golf and having these 0211s sitting in the storeroom. This weekend was club championship and would be foolish to maiden flight the new clubs in a tournament. So Saturday I played my JPX900HM with Recoil ZT9 460. Was +1 thru six, then the wheels came off. Ended up with a 41/42.

So come Sunday, I had nothing to lose, might as well breakout the PXGs. 10 minute warmup was all I had on the range before hitting the course. And without LM time, I had no idea any distance changes with the 0211. What the heck, after Saturday, Sunday was about fun.

Comparing the two sets, the 0211s with MMT 60A felt quite a bit lighter. Particularly light in the head. Had a bit of trouble feeling the head at the top of my swing. Enough of a difference that I was having a bit of trouble finding the center of the face. Did have a few shots that I flushed, and those flew further than my Mizuno’s.

Had swing weight and overall weight checked. Same swing weight between both sets (D1) and negligible overall weight difference.

Hit driving range today to sort them out. By end of the session was hitting the whole set quite well. Much more flush than Sunday. Getting used to the feel. Determining carry distances for me nearly impossible with range balls. But I had several shots with the 6 iron that flew slightly beyond the 150 stake. My normal 6 is good for about 144. Also 9 iron carrying beyond the 120 stake, my normal 115 club. So I’m seeing a yardage increase on flush strikes. Plus, narrowed down the dispersion pattern as the session progressed.

Friday I have LM session and will lock down my yardages. And, I have rounds tomorrow and Thursday scheduled. If you’re finding this interesting, I’ll keep posting updates.

New clubs are so fun!!

Awesome to hear! They are a club longer for me as, more to do with aggressive lofts. But do get a higher ball flight with the elevate shafts. Keep on enjoying!

Anybody hit these with both the MMT 70 graphite and the Elevate 95 shafts? Does the Elevate launch higher? Does the steel shaft have more feel?

Anybody hit these with both the MMT 70 graphite and the Elevate 95 shafts? Does the Elevate launch higher? Does the steel shaft have more feel?
I can't comment on the Elevate 95 shafts but I have the MMT 70 and believe me, they have good height and launch high.

I came from CF16's that had both Recoil and Steelfiber shafts and the MMT launch as high if not a little higher than the Recoils, the Steelfiber's weren't even close(don't think they were meant to be a high launch shaft though).

As far as feel goes, I'm sure the Elevates will have a little better feel, but the MMT don't disappoint much in that area either.

New clubs are so fun!!

A few points. I had the 0211 with the A shaft MMT and I have a weight scale and the set I had were C7...I only gave them two whacks at the driving range...I absolutely loved them until I hit them. My misses were so much worse. I had the Staff D7 along side them and interchanged hitting each and for me I couldn't get use to the lightness. My Staff's have recoil Reg. I got my 0211's off eBay used from PXG...when they came they were brand new...I could not tell they had ever been hit. I put them up for sale quickly as I have gone haywire this year with buying clubs and I needed to be decisive. I tried selling them here but not a bite.... I would double check your swing weight. They are the most beautiful clubs I have owned....Plus you are shown as 19 handicap. You shoot an 83....That is a net 64....Would think that would be competitive in Club Championship.

A few points. I had the 0211 with the A shaft MMT and I have a weight scale and the set I had were C7...I only gave them two whacks at the driving range...I absolutely loved them until I hit them. My misses were so much worse. I had the Staff D7 along side them and interchanged hitting each and for me I couldn't get use to the lightness. My Staff's have recoil Reg. I got my 0211's off eBay used from PXG...when they came they were brand new...I could not tell they had ever been hit. I put them up for sale quickly as I have gone haywire this year with buying clubs and I needed to be decisive. I tried selling them here but not a bite.... I would double check your swing weight. They are the most beautiful clubs I have owned....Plus you are shown as 19 handicap. You shoot an 83....That is a net 64....Would think that would be competitive in Club Championship.

Appreciate the advice. I was standing there myself and my guy showing me the results on the scale. So pretty comfortable with what I saw. I understand, and it did surprise me as I had read here guys having issue with PXG swing weight.

Oh, guess I need to update my handicap, currently 10.2. I got spanked by nearly 20 strokes. That doesn’t matter, I still had fun with the guys and got to play my new irons.

Appreciate the advice. I was standing there myself and my guy showing me the results on the scale. So pretty comfortable with what I saw. I understand, and it did surprise me as I had read here guys having issue with PXG swing weight.

Oh, guess I need to update my handicap, currently 10.2. I got spanked by nearly 20 strokes. That doesn’t matter, I still had fun with the guys and got to play my new irons.

Big improvement congrats 19 to 10....Now with thos 0211's single digit on horizon...

Big improvement congrats 19 to 10....Now with thos 0211's single digit on horizon...

Thanks. Retired now and playing/practicing five days a week (very understanding wife). Mix in the occasional lesson. I’m definitely hoping single digit is on the horizon. Still have to work and improve short game inside 50 yards. And my club just built a short game practice area. Time to wear it out

I had the 0211 with 95 SteelFibers and no issues with swingweight. If I recall the 6-9irons were D2, PW a D3, GW a D4 and SW a D5.

Spent a lot of time this week with the 0211s, even with my swing not being spot on. Tuesday was a couple hours on the range just getting the feel of them. Not trying anything except trying to make good contact. Wednesday was my scramble day. Hit the green on a majority of the approaches but not giving me particularly good birdie chances. Still acceptable. Thursday, a solo round, hitting a few multiple approaches. Starting to see these are going particularly straight. Not seeing fades or draws. Scoring first ball, would have shot 76. Definitely acceptable. 9 greens. Distances on par with my JPX900HM, maybe a touch longer.

Friday is session with my instructor. Purpose to lock in distances on the 0211s. Spent more time tweaking my swing which I was fine with. Saturday another solo round, hitting 9 greens, and misses nearly all on the fringes. Three of which were back fringe, interesting. Shot 74. Sunday only nine holes, 7 greens, 35. Again, flight very straight. One particular shot from right trees. Can only see left edge of the green, flag right center. Tried baby cut off left edge. Went dead straight. Still hit green.

So assessing after week one is the 0211 are a very forgiving club. Even miss hits got on or very near the green. Can’t feel bad about those results. Ball flight appears slightly higher than my JPXs. They also seems to be going in with less spin, sometimes rolling out more than I’d have expected. My club usually has soft greens so not an issue, but could present one on firmer greens. Dispersion is quite good with only my jacked swing causing the more erratic shots.

It has always taken me considerable time to adjust to new irons. Sometimes many months. Although not perfect, these 0211s, I’m adjusting to them fairly rapidly. Scores have definitely not gone up, :). Will see how the coming weeks evolve with the PXGs.

Spent a lot of time this week with the 0211s, even with my swing not being spot on. Tuesday was a couple hours on the range just getting the feel of them. Not trying anything except trying to make good contact. Wednesday was my scramble day. Hit the green on a majority of the approaches but not giving me particularly good birdie chances. Still acceptable. Thursday, a solo round, hitting a few multiple approaches. Starting to see these are going particularly straight. Not seeing fades or draws. Scoring first ball, would have shot 76. Definitely acceptable. 9 greens. Distances on par with my JPX900HM, maybe a touch longer.

Friday is session with my instructor. Purpose to lock in distances on the 0211s. Spent more time tweaking my swing which I was fine with. Saturday another solo round, hitting 9 greens, and misses nearly all on the fringes. Three of which were back fringe, interesting. Shot 74. Sunday only nine holes, 7 greens, 35. Again, flight very straight. One particular shot from right trees. Can only see left edge of the green, flag right center. Tried baby cut off left edge. Went dead straight. Still hit green.

So assessing after week one is the 0211 are a very forgiving club. Even miss hits got on or very near the green. Can’t feel bad about those results. Ball flight appears slightly higher than my JPXs. They also seems to be going in with less spin, sometimes rolling out more than I’d have expected. My club usually has soft greens so not an issue, but could present one on firmer greens. Dispersion is quite good with only my jacked swing causing the more erratic shots.

It has always taken me considerable time to adjust to new irons. Sometimes many months. Although not perfect, these 0211s, I’m adjusting to them fairly rapidly. Scores have definitely not gone up, :). Will see how the coming weeks evolve with the PXGs.

I see similar results with my 0211 same as you. More forgiving than my last club CF16, and probably just a touch shorter, but not by much. My ball flight might be higher than yours because I don't have a problem with sticking to the green, but they do just want to go straight which is not that bad of a trade off...for me at least.

Definitely more forgiving and easier to hit than my Z765/modus 120. 0211 with MMT 80 is longer by a few yards at the short iron and 6,7 yards longer in the 6/7 irons which make sense because of the stronger loft in 6 and 7. No problem sticking to the green and I seems to be able to hit a control fade better than draw at this moment. No problem with accuracy or distance control.

I see similar results with my 0211 same as you. More forgiving than my last club CF16, and probably just a touch shorter, but not by much. My ball flight might be higher than yours because I don't have a problem with sticking to the green, but they do just want to go straight which is not that bad of a trade off...for me at least.

Nice to hear a confirmation. The most noticeable situations for loss of spin (more release) were on toe shots or striking low on the face (thin). Flushed shots were no issue. Out of my set (6-PW), the 6 iron is particularly sweet in flight/height followed by the PW. Still need more reps to dial in 7-9.

I can't comment on the Elevate 95 shafts but I have the MMT 70 and believe me, they have good height and launch high.

I came from CF16's that had both Recoil and Steelfiber shafts and the MMT launch as high if not a little higher than the Recoils, the Steelfiber's weren't even close(don't think they were meant to be a high launch shaft though).

As far as feel goes, I'm sure the Elevates will have a little better feel, but the MMT don't disappoint much in that area either.

How do you feel about the stability of the MMTs vs the Steelfibers? I could use some more launch but love the stability of the Steelfibers.

How do you feel about the stability of the MMTs vs the Steelfibers? I could use some more launch but love the stability of the Steelfibers.
The Steelfibers are more stable and piercing over all compared to the MMT shafts. Launch however, is definitely in favor of the MMT plus you really don't loose much in tip firmness compared to the Steelfibers because of the steel mesh in the MMT shaft tip. I gambled a little in getting the MMT shaft in these, but after hitting them, I'm glad I did.
To me Steelfibers are a love em hate em type of shaft. For the CF16 they were OK, in the 0211 I thought I would try something different and the MMT have not disappointed me yet.

I hit Steelfibers 95 stiff, MMT 80 stiff and Elevate 95 stiff during the PXG fitting. Elevate was eliminated immediately, just don't like the feel at all. Hit both Steelfibers and MMT pretty good. Steelfibers feel more firm and MMT is so smooth. PXG fitter show me the number and MMT launch a bit higher and spin more which is a better fit for me. If I am 10 years younger, I might have choose steelfibers.

I hit Steelfibers 95 stiff, MMT 80 stiff and Elevate 95 stiff during the PXG fitting. Elevate was eliminated immediately, just don't like the feel at all. Hit both Steelfibers and MMT pretty good. Steelfibers feel more firm and MMT is so smooth. PXG fitter show me the number and MMT launch a bit higher and spin more which is a better fit for me. If I am 10 years younger, I might have choose steelfibers.
Which is the reason I chose MMT's.

Under $100/club if you're .mil or a veteran.

Back