New PXG 0211 Iron Set

I tried the set wedges and they looked good and the distances were spot on what I get from other wedges so I figured go all in 4-LW and maybe have more consistency.
Full on old guy set with the MMT 80 stiff hard stepped.

I ordered a 5-GW set last week! Standard Elevate 95 stiff shafts for now but that will be replaced with fitted KBS shafts in the near future.

I ordered 4-GW for my son on 09/07. Hopefully they have the 4i so they aren’t delayed too long. It originally showed to be scheduled to be picked/assembled on 09/27, but now that info is gone when I track my order...

Last edited:
woo hoo, mine just updated to in assembly

Yep, MMT 80 stiff hard stepped once .50" over but normal lengths not the PXG standard. So off a 38.5" 5 iron

5 thru PW just delivered. Fancy boxing. Going to check the swing weight's & try to get to a driving range, if I can find one open. Most courses are closed for fall prep & over seeding.

The 0211's are a little smaller heads than my gamer G700 irons, little less thick top line too. The angle I took the pic's wasn't correct, ooops. :mad::eek:

Comparison 5 irons with PXG 0211 on the left and Ping G700 on right

9 18 20 5 iron compare with G700.jpg

Comparison 8 irons with PXG 0211 on the left and Ping G700 on right

9 18 20 8 iron compare with G700.jpg

The 0211's are a little smaller heads than my gamer G700 irons, little less thick top line too. The angle I took the pic's wasn't correct, ooops. :mad::eek:

Comparison 5 irons with PXG 0211 on the left and Ping G700 on right

View attachment 8964224

Comparison 8 irons with PXG 0211 on the left and Ping G700 on right

View attachment 8964225

DANG! I’m ready for mine to come in! They look great!

Says final inspection now, so maybe they will ship Monday or Tuesday. That is a lot faster than I expected, my fitting for the woods is Tuesday morning so that should be interesting. I see they have a proto FW that is suppose to release soon, I hope he has them to try.

Says final inspection now, so maybe they will ship Monday or Tuesday. That is a lot faster than I expected, my fitting for the woods is Tuesday morning so that should be interesting. I see they have a proto FW that is suppose to release soon, I hope he has them to try.
Had not seen that! Need to look in to this.

I don't for a minute think PXG makes clubs any better than others, clubs are clubs and the tech is out there for all to use, but I do think their fitting program is head and shoulders above everyone else.
Ha I bought the cheapest irons they make and not because of price, because they were just better for me and the fitter proved it time after time to me. I never would have believed I would not have bought the most expensive just being me, but the fitter was brutally honest and agreed it was silly to spend the extra money.
The shaft choice I will need to be convinced about (in my head) once I get them on the course for a few rounds.
But for once I took the advice of the Professional and accepted what was right in front of me that I am old and need the lighter shaft in that profile to get the best with what I have.

Hello:

As this is my first THP post, it is a little lengthy. I'll be more succinct in future posts.

I ordered a set of 0211 sight unseen September 5, cancelling an order I had made for the Cobra King F Tec. Looking forward to trying out the PXG.

I have had so many sets of irons over the years (sometimes going through 3-4 sets a season), chasing that perfect set. Currently gaming Apex 19 (and have Apex/Apex Pro combo set in reserve in Florida) with TT Elevate 95 R. In recent years, I've owned/gamed Ping i-200, i-210, i500, Titleist AP2 718, AP1 718, Mizuno HM, HMB, Taylormade P790 (original), P770 (original). Further into the past, I've owned more brands and models than I can remember. Yes, I am a club ho. It seems I can't leave well enough alone. Plus, I enjoy experimenting. This applies to Putters as well.

So, why the 0211?

I turn 59 this month. I have been as low as a +1 in my 40's, but now fluctuate in the low-mid single digits. The swing speed has dropped over the years due to age and some nagging injuries. I've never been a natural high ball hitter. So, as I age, I'm constantly seeking ways to gain (or at least retain) swing speed, launch and distance. I moved to R flex shafts a couple of years ago.

I like to look down at a sexy club that has a nice soft feel. Hoping the 0211's will fit the bill, and be a little more forgiving than my Apex. I'll be keeping the Apex combo set for when my game is on. The 0211 is an experiment for me, but I'm open to them knocking out the Apex.

Was pondering MMT 70, but was told they could not reach D-2 swing weight. As it stands, they'd only guarantee D-1 with TT (D-2 for PW and GW, and D-3 for SW and LW).

I ordered the full set (4-LW), which is unusual for me. I currently play a hybrid 4, and custom Jaws (54 and 60), and swap in PM wedges depending on course conditions. Wedges are listed as a separate order, in case I want to return them.

Have seen many posts about the MMT, but not as many about the Elevate (especially in R flex). If anyone is interested, I'll provide feedback once I get them. In the meantime, I'd like to hear about your experience with the 0211 in R flex.

Thanks!

Ragmam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a fitting next week for a set and a hybrid might put a different 4 iron from them in bag. Nice feedback all.

Now I don't want to get too far ahead of this, but............... First time hitting the 0211 irons this AM. Legacy golf course here in Henderson and a great grass driving range with Taylormade range balls. After warming up and hitting a few 48* wedges to to get ready.

I started with the PW @ 45*. here's the first hit with more great feel and results followed.

9 19 20 first hit PW.jpg

Moved to the 8 iron @ 35* and this is the first hit with it.

9 19 20 first hit 8.jpg

Finished with the 5 iron @ 24* and this is the first hit.

9 19 20 first hit 5.jpg

My first impression is what I've been reading, these irons sure don't feel or impact sound like any cast iron I've EVER hit. The MItsubishi MMT 60 gram A flex shaft produces great high launchs and feels great. These irons are a great fit for my swing. Another range session Monday.

I highly recommend these PXG 0211 irons to anyone, especially us older, slower swinging players.

Hello:

As this is my first THP post, it is a little lengthy. I'll be more succinct in future posts.

I ordered a set of 0211 sight unseen September 5, cancelling an order I had made for the Cobra King F Tec. Looking forward to trying out the PXG.

I have had so many sets of irons over the years (sometimes going through 3-4 sets a season), chasing that perfect set. Currently gaming Apex 19 (and have Apex/Apex Pro combo set in reserve in Florida) with TT Elevate 95 R. In recent years, I've owned/gamed Ping i-200, i-210, i500, Titleist AP2 718, AP1 718, Mizuno HM, HMB, Taylormade P790 (original), P770 (original). Further into the past, I've owned more brands and models than I can remember. Yes, I am a club ho. It seems I can't leave well enough alone. Plus, I enjoy experimenting. This applies to Putters as well.

So, why the 0211?

I turn 59 this month. I have been as low as a +1 in my 40's, but now fluctuate in the low-mid single digits. The swing speed has dropped over the years due to age and some nagging injuries. I've never been a natural high ball hitter. So, as I age, I'm constantly seeking ways to gain (or at least retain) swing speed, launch and distance. I moved to R flex shafts a couple of years ago.

I like to look down at a sexy club that has a nice soft feel. Hoping the 0211's will fit the bill, and be a little more forgiving than my Apex. I'll be keeping the Apex combo set for when my game is on. The 0211 is an experiment for me, but I'm open to them knocking out the Apex.

Was pondering MMT 70, but was told they could not reach D-2 swing weight. As it stands, they'd only guarantee D-1 with TT (D-2 for PW and GW, and D-3 for SW and LW).

I ordered the full set (4-LW), which is unusual for me. I currently play a hybrid 4, and custom Jaws (54 and 60), and swap in PM wedges depending on course conditions. Wedges are listed as a separate order, in case I want to return them.

Have seen many posts about the MMT, but not as many about the Elevate (especially in R flex). If anyone is interested, I'll provide feedback once I get them. In the meantime, I'd like to hear about your experience with the 0211 in R flex.

Thanks!

Ragmam

I've had the 0211 with MMT/R in play since April/May of this year. I came from Callaway CF16 which I liked a lot. I think the biggest change you'll find with the 0211 is how good it feels. You can hit it thin or slightly toward the toe with hardly any change if feel. The MMT shafts go hand in hand with the club. Here's some info I got from their website on the MMT:

For me, the MMT has a metal mesh tip that helps with stability without being boardy. I play the 70 in R and really have no issues with it being to flexibly or overly stiff.
I'm not a shaft guy so I'm probably not the one for technical descriptions but the combination of shaft and head just work.

Thank you. I appreciate your feedback. It is good to know the 0211 seem forgiving on thin or toey hits. Those are my most common misses. I ordered the Elevate, for a little more weight. I hope they work as well with the 0211 as the MMT are working for you.

Hello:

So, why the 0211?

Thanks!

Ragmam

Great 1st post, we seem to be kindred spirits with the club buying past. Having tried and owned pretty much some of everything out there at one time or another. I also like to look down at a smaller head and would play blades if I had the SS but just don't have it at 61 and it isn't coming back.

I have the MMT80 coming and they said they could hit D3 for the 4-9 and D5 for the PW-LW, we will see what that come in at and if they are somewhere close to that it will be fine since I have played D0 to D5 in irons in the last year and as long as they are consistent thru the set I can work with it.
It might help mine will be .50" longer than standard lengths, not the PXG lengths which are quite odd to me, so off a 38.5" 5 iron etc. I might see mine next week as they are in final inspection now.
It was between the Elevate 95 in reg or the MMT 80 in Stiff to the fitters eye and frankly they felt almost the same to me with the Elevate launching higher (which I do not need) so we went with the MMT in stiff and since they are .50" longer he had them hard stepped and 2 deg strong to keep the spin and launch in the right window. We will see how all that works out on the Course pretty soon.

That's great about the swing weight. If they could assure me the MMT 70's could be in the D-1 to D-4 range (4 through the wedges), I'd have tried them.

I was raised on blades (1961 Wilson Staff, the year I was born), and played various blades on and off until about age 50. Wished I had the SS to keep playing them. As I noted, I have the Apex combo set. At least the 8-AW look a little like blades at address.

Seems like you naturally launch a lot higher than I do, based upon your decision to hard step the MMT. I'll let you know how the Elevate works out, if the clubs would only get here. Haha.

Forgot to mention that the swing weight for my 5 thru PW came out right on the advertised D1 with the PW at D2. MMT 60 gram A flex.

The fitter told me there are weight ports in the bottom of the hosel and they can hit higher weights pretty easy, lighter is grip related but I play midsize z cords with 3 extra wraps under the lower hand. The communication with the fitter and the local sales rep was fantastic, she called me the day of the fitting and we talked 2 more times to confirm everything was correct on the order.

Darn it! . At this point, I'm going to stick with the Elevate. That way, I can switch back and forth with my Apex. I'm still intrigued by graphite. Maybe next set.

I tried the set wedges and they looked good and the distances were spot on what I get from other wedges so I figured go all in 4-LW and maybe have more consistency.
Full on old guy set with the MMT 80 stiff hard stepped.
" Old Guy Set". I have those and after having owned 50 sets of all type irons (and flex) since 1975 there is nothing "old" about your set up. I came from Apex 19, PX LZ 5.5, 5-g and the MMT 80 aren,t weak or soft to flex. I am not a graphite iron guy, being only one of those sets I spoke of had graphite but the deal on those are good as you know so if Golfworks charges $60 per shaft I thought they deserve a try.

This is getting ridiculous how good I'm hitting these irons on the range. We'll see how it goes on the golf course Wednesday. The combination of a good, smooth swing, great graphite A flex shaft and confidence has resulted in more center face irons shots after 2 range sessions than in the last coupled of months with the G700's. Under this ball mark you can see the results of the 1st two hits with the PW, this was the 3rd hit. Ridiculously good..................

9 21 20 PW.jpg

@Mach2 I ordered mine on 9/3, they're supposed to fo to assembly on 9/23 (Wednesday).
I'm not sure whether I did the right thing going with the MMT70 instead of the 60. If you don't mind me asking, what are your driver, 7 iron swing speeds and/or distances? I'd like to compare yours with mine, but I'm assuming you get a bit of a boost out there in the desert...
I'm 66 years old and play at sea level down here in Myrtle Beach. You learn very quickly after moving down here from up North to "take an extra club", lol. I get about 140 with my 7 iron and average just over 200 with driver. When up in NY, it's about 10 yards more with the 7, and 20 with the driver.

Back