New R11 & Burner drivers for 2012

thepete

Reaction score
Handicap
+3
The annual equipment show is going on in Sweden this week, so I'll translate from a (Swedish) blog:

"The R11 will have a bigger head, probably 460cc and also more options for adjustability. The Burner will probably have a slightly shorter shaft but according to sources they'll still try to keep the weight down and maximize clubhead speed."

Source for those who understand Swedish: http://www.golf.se/Folja/Bloggar/Tavlingsbloggen/?entryId=2817

I suppose they'll be unveiled in Orlando in February.

Last edited:
Holy $h!&!!! You mean to tell me that TMAG only released 2 drivers this whole year!!! (TP versions excluded) I hope that TM isn't listening to the haters and therefore slowing down their releases!!! Avert your multiple release hatred elsewhere people!!!

On another note, what else can they possibly do for adjustability? Will there now be 4 dimensions to distance??? A removable face with conforming and non conforming COR anyone??? (I know this won't happen, but come on! Wouldn't it be awesome!!!)

Tempo, timing, tapping.

On another note, what else can they possibly do for adjustability? Will there now be 4 dimensions to distance???

This I am curious to see as well. I'm not an engineer, so this stuff goes way above my head.

Interesting. I was sure they'd be releasing a 460cc version of the R11 this year, but the time has passed I suppose. I've no idea how they're going to up the adjustability angle now...maybe by decreasing the increments? It'll be good to see where they go with this! (will it still be white?)

That source has some very "interesting" information about both of those drivers. Its actually very different based on the information we have in front of us.

Last edited:
^^ Ha, gotta love JB slamming down the facts. It will be interesting to see what they ultimately end up doing for 2012 and how they expand on the current white drivers.

JB has yet to slam down facts. I imagine an embargo is preventing some small talk. Needless to say, my wallet may be more than ready open when the time comes. JB, can we see the information please, please, please??!

JB has yet to slam down facts. I imagine an embargo is preventing some small talk. Needless to say, my wallet may be more than ready open when the time comes. JB, can we see the information please, please, please??!

I dont give out information on equipment under embargo, but I can correct misinformation.
And while I will not say much because things change all the time, especially with TaylorMade Golf, I can say that the information posted in the 1st post is VERY different to all of the information that we have at THP. Could it be because of geography, different releases for regions, misinformation? Any and all of that perhaps.

Ooh, speculation. Here's me thinking everything on the interweb was true too!

Oh interweb... JB I can understand that you cannot give out any information. That's cool, it's always worth a shot. Thanks for giving some clarity. I bet these little tid bits are locked up pretty tight, no R11 leaks here? Anywho, I will again admit that I will have my wallet open on release day using the 500 to wipe up drool before I buy it.

I dont give out information on equipment under embargo, but I can correct misinformation.
And while I will not say much because things change all the time, especially with TaylorMade Golf, I can say that the information posted in the 1st post is VERY different to all of the information that we have at THP. Could it be because of geography, different releases for regions, misinformation? Any and all of that perhaps.

TMAG is as the show so the info must be from them. Might be misinformation I guess.

Back