New Release: Callaway Apex UW

The UW with Ventus Red 8X looks sooooooo filthy.

Goodness I would love that setup.

I have a red 9 x that this could work well in.. lol

This club reminds me of a cult hero, the Adams Redline RPM 4060.

I am all over the place on what ends up in my bag come December.

I want one maybe SH in 16 and this in 21

This one sounds too good to be true!

Have enough shots in on this to separate the numbers. They're good. Especially because I can't recall trying to hit it hard even once yet.

Had a heal-y one that still did really well, and thin-ish one yesterday that did too. Pretty darn easy to hit from a variety of positions for what it's giving me. I am impressed.

Have enough shots in on this to separate the numbers. They're good. Especially because I can't recall trying to hit it hard even once yet.

Had a heal-y one that still did really well, and thin-ish one yesterday that did too. Pretty darn easy to hit from a variety of positions for what it's giving me. I am impressed.
When I listened to what Phil Mickleson had to say about the club, it sounded so impressive. A club that tends to give you the same speed, launch and spin from various lies and across the face (to a certain extent) is about as good as it gets.

When I listened to what Phil Mickleson had to say about the club, it sounded so impressive. A club that tends to give you the same speed, launch and spin from various lies and across the face (to a certain extent) is about as good as it gets.

I caught that full vid last night. I think he said it all really well. Can do things neither of the others can/don't as well.

I know I'm a club ho, but I don't play a lot of them long term because I'm kind of a picky one. I like my 5W setup and will keep it around, but partly because I got it for a steal. It hits some shots I love, and will be handy this winter, but I tend to carry 2 drivers or an extra long iron/UT, and only one hybrid/FW. Only want to carry one I should say. So I want it to do a lot. Everything, really. lol And it's always a battle. Been playing a G425 hybrid most of the year despite not loving some things about it because it performs and avoids my miss well, but it can't do all that I want, for me. This got my attention so fast on course. It truly surprised me. I don't typically have meat of the bell curve needs, but it could potentially fill mine pretty darn well. And early returns are that it suits similar players really well too.

TXG dropped a video this morning trying to fit Matty into a 7W. They weren't gettting enough out of it, and switched to a 5W. Had to try to get it out of the air ('flying like a really long 7i' lol), and came up with a 5W setup that worked well. Then they said they were going to hit a few with the UW they just got in, just to see. And they must have had some interesting results, because they left it out, said they'll have a video coming with it, and that 'it has a little bit of what we've just done in it'.

I mentioned to a friend yesterday when we were out there, that in the launch and spin window, the length and shape (look), and versatility, I wonder if Callaway even knows quite how popular it has the potential to be. I know a ton of people that kind of fight between hybrid and fairway wants.

I caught that full vid last night. I think he said it all really well. Can do things neither of the others can/don't as well.

I know I'm a club ho, but I don't play a lot of them long term because I'm kind of a picky one. I like my 5W setup and will keep it around, but partly because I got it for a steal. It hits some shots I love, and will be handy this winter, but I tend to carry 2 drivers or an extra long iron/UT, and only one hybrid/FW. Only want to carry one I should say. So I want it to do a lot. Everything, really. lol And it's always a battle. Been playing a G425 hybrid most of the year despite not loving some things about it because it performs and avoids my miss well, but it can't do all that I want, for me. This got my attention so fast on course. It truly surprised me. I don't typically have meat of the bell curve needs, but it could potentially fill mine pretty darn well. And early returns are that it suits similar players really well too.

TXG dropped a video this morning trying to fit Matty into a 7W. They weren't gettting enough out of it, and switched to a 5W. Had to try to get it out of the air ('flying like a really long 7i' lol), and came up with a 5W setup that worked well. Then they said they were going to hit a few with the UW they just got in, just to see. And they must have had some interesting results, because they left it out, said they'll have a video coming with it, and that 'it has a little bit of what we've just done in it'.

I mentioned to a friend yesterday when we were out there, that in the launch and spin window, the length and shape (look), and versatility, I wonder if Callaway even knows quite how popular it has the potential to be. I know a ton of people that kind of fight between hybrid and fairway wants.
Great thoughts…. At first, as posted, I didn’t think this club was a good profile for me. I will find out soon, but the more I learn about it, it could be awesome if it will hit the distance number that I need for that spot in the bag, which is 225 to 235. If it will fit anywhere in that range, I would be thrilled.

The 2nd Swing video on the UW was extremely intriguing. Shorter than my 5W but better at everything? I might love that club, but damn, I could see this thing being a true weapon.
I still want to understand how it is any different though than the Super Hybrid or the Hy-Wood.

Just got notice that the club has shipped.

Got to see this in hand today. Was tempting to grab one, but will hold off for now. The 19 is calling my name.....

Y'all making me want to try one more than I initially did. :unsure:

D99AF918-DE8E-4C6C-A23B-40E7CB274796.jpeg
Apex UW v. Cleveland HyWood v. Epic Super Hybrid

took my super hybrito back out today and it made a damned good argument for staying away from the UW...that being said, i got my mind on UW and UW on my mind...

Mine showed up yesterday…can’t wait to get out on the range and course on Sunday. I will report back, but hoping it works for me like it has for @OldandStiff

I may have mine in the bag tomorrow. The club just shipped yesterday and it was ground, so I expected it to arrive early next week. However, the tracking indicates delivery today and it has arrived in Salt Lake City. Pretty incredible and we will have high 50’s sunny weather, so I am excited.

Awesome that some more people are about to get them out there! I'm really curious to hear how they perform for a wider range of players.

I’ll probably cave and pick one up soon . I need something between my SH and 4i

The few swings I took with the hywood I came away really impressed so curious to see how they compare with this.

Am I crazy to think these are really just like old school fairway woods? Smaller head, forward weighting, shorter shaft?

The few swings I took with the hywood I came away really impressed so curious to see how they compare with this.

Am I crazy to think these are really just like old school fairway woods? Smaller head, forward weighting, shorter shaft?
I can see how outwardly, it would seem that way. However, with all of the modern technology, such as Flash Face, Jailbreak, internal weighting, etc., I would be very confident that this design would produce much better ball speed, more optimal launch and spin, and offer more forgiveness across the face.

I don't like the stock grip......AT ALL. No biggie....just thought it was too slick,

I can see how outwardly, it would seem that way. However, with all of the modern technology, such as Flash Face, Jailbreak, internal weighting, etc., I would be very confident that this design would produce much better ball speed, more optimal launch and spin, and offer more forgiveness across the face.

Oh I don't disagree, I just think that is where they started. Smaller head and put modern tech into it. I also think a club automatically becomes a lot more forgiving when it is 1-2" shorter because better chance of hitting center of the face.

Back