New Release: Callaway Apex UW

I want to give this club a try. My first question is do I replace my fairway and try the 17 deg? Or do I replace my UT iron and try the 21 deg?

I was watching a review online and the reviewer said, “It looks good. It’s easy to hit and it goes [pause] really far.” That doesn’t sound bad. Mine arrived. It does look really good. Could this be the unicorn for me? I may get a clue tomorrow.

I was watching a review online and the reviewer said, “It looks good. It’s easy to hit and it goes [pause] really far.” That doesn’t sound bad. Mine arrived. It does look really good. Could this be the unicorn for me? I may get a clue tomorrow.
Can't wait to hear! Remind me what loft you ended up with?

I don't like the stock grip......AT ALL. No biggie....just thought it was too slick,
I think they just used what they could get to be honest. So many supply issues.

I need to hit one.

20211015_120634.jpg

Screenshot_20211015-164903_Video Player.jpg20211015_121119.jpg

Stuck it right in the fringe because it rained 27 inches last night, but man, I love this club. It's a weapon.

Ran to the shop to try one out. So easy to hit, centered every one and feels hot and solid.. I settled for the Project X as I didn't want to wait, but it seems decent enough.

From address it reminds me a lot of my Nickent 3DX Utility DC which was exactly this; a cross between a fairway and hybrid. Beyond that it's miles different. Is it the same as the Hywood, Epic Super Hybrid, etc? Not even close, again, it's miles different.

For starters the face is a low profile fairway wood shape which is nothing like the hybrid faced clubs mentioned above. The stepped sole is where things really get interesting. Really excited to see what kind of turf interaction is going to be happening.

The look at address is fanatastic, the looks from everywhere is fantastic. But a crown is a crown, it's what's underneath that counts. Concept wise it's nothing new, execution wise, it's superb and definitely unique.

Mats and launch monitors are meaningless, can't wait to get it out on the course! I will say it sets up open, launches a bit low and definitely seems anti left. If you're like me, that's perfect.

I got to see and hit this today… ummm… I want it..

F2CD9F16-4674-4ABC-95C7-946435CA244B.jpeg47940739-3168-4E18-91DC-A4A989C66E45.jpeg

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this!

They do look pretty good. And as someone who leans more to the fairway wood side of things, this is appealing.

It is shockingly good. So easy to hit. Reminds me a little of the OG v steel.

Let me just say this.. for me, if I was to put one in the bag I would have to revamp my bags top end. It would take some work to get gaps figured out. But it may be a good thing.

Let me just say this.. for me, if I was to put one in the bag I would have to revamp my bags top end. It would take some work to get gaps figured out. But it may be a good thing.

Speaks pretty loudly, doesn't it? It is hard to not be pretty impressed, pretty quickly.

That's a really interesting comparison! Is there any one thing that makes you feel that way?

Speaks pretty loudly, doesn't it? It is hard to not be pretty impressed, pretty quickly.

Sure does.. I have not been this impressed with a single club that worked for me in a long time.

Back