New Release: Callaway Apex UW

Played with this for the first time this weekend. I have the 2 UW + HZRDUS RDX Black. The 2 UW replaced my 3 wood.

When I was fitted, my spin was really low and launched very high (not too high but just right). On the course the last two days, I pretty much saw the exact same thing. This club flies. Every time I hit it, the launch and trajectory were precisely the same as the fitter.

I really like this club. Based on the last two days, playing this club will have a much higher chance of success every day of the week. I do not have the same top, chunk, or duck hook fears with my 3 wood. Plus, the spin rates are so low, I am not even convinced I lose any distance between the UW and a 3 wood.

This clubs is a natural replacement for a 3 wood with a much higher chance of success. It is a no-brainer and makes total sense why Finley said everyone in his office is playing one of these.

Ordered a 19 with no upcharge MMT 80x from a west coast retailer online, shipped out two days after. Can’t wait.

Is this the fairway or the hybrid version of this shaft? I have the 80X in my 3 wood and is really good for my swing. Interested to hear your thoughts on this combo.

Is this the fairway or the hybrid version of this shaft? I have the 80X in my 3 wood and is really good for my swing. Interested to hear your thoughts on this combo.
The heads are .335, they’re the fairway versions

I know it is winter, and my golf season is probably over, but I cannot stop counting down the days until my UW gets here
Safest club in my bag.

Safest club in my bag.

That means more than you know especially coming from you. I have read your thoughts numerous times, and I TRULY think this will fill a gap in my bag I need filled.

Played with this for the first time this weekend. I have the 2 UW + HZRDUS RDX Black. The 2 UW replaced my 3 wood.

When I was fitted, my spin was really low and launched very high (not too high but just right). On the course the last two days, I pretty much saw the exact same thing. This club flies. Every time I hit it, the launch and trajectory were precisely the same as the fitter.

I really like this club. Based on the last two days, playing this club will have a much higher chance of success every day of the week. I do not have the same top, chunk, or duck hook fears with my 3 wood. Plus, the spin rates are so low, I am not even convinced I lose any distance between the UW and a 3 wood.

This clubs is a natural replacement for a 3 wood with a much higher chance of success. It is a no-brainer and makes total sense why Finley said everyone in his office is playing one of these.
I bought the 21° +HZRDUS RDX black and it is easily the best club in my bag. I'm debating on picking up the 17° to replace my M1 5 wood set at 17°. The problem is I hit my 5 wood really well haha.

I bought the 21° +HZRDUS RDX black and it is easily the best club in my bag. I'm debating on picking up the 17° to replace my M1 5 wood set at 17°. The problem is I hit my 5 wood really well haha.

I wouldn't be surprised if the UW goes farther than your 5 wood. The spin numbers are so low. I replaced my 3 wood!

Think the ankle's about healed up enough. Need to get out to the range and give these a go to see how they stack up against my current setup.

Well, I'm flummoxed.

In spite of hitting the similar concept (shorter shaft utility wood) Cobra F6 Baffler so well it is the longest serving club in my bag, I have once again failed to love, or even like the UW.

My first try was a 19* with LA Golf Trono. I figured it was too much shaft for me.

Second try was with a 19* Tenseit Blue.

Hit it OK on the range. And off the tee on one hole in a comp today. But the other three times from the deck cost me at least three shots.

So I can't see how it fits.

If I want to take a risk to gain distance the F6 goes further. If I want to advance the ball a reasonable distance reliably my 21* Epic Flash hybrid is a tad shorter but (so far) 5000 times more consistent.

The only way I can see the UW makes sense for me is off the tee on really long par 3s. We have a 220 yarder at my club, but even then its utility would depend on the wind direction.

I'll give it one more round under pressure, but for my hybrids should save shots. Not cost them.

I fell in love with these by scorching the heck out of them with some shocking level control mixed in, but there's a lot to be said for them at more modest speeds too. Still a great tee and fairway club that's a real weapon. It's come in extremely handy while wristing my way around the course this week. Easy to hit, strong, and good from a lot of lies and positions.

So, I have been contemplating the UW lately. Currently using a G425 7w dialed down to 19.5. It has been pretty good to me off the fairway. Launches high and is really straight. But, I am thinking having something a little more versatile would be ideal.

So, I have been contemplating the UW lately. Currently using a G425 7w dialed down to 19.5. It has been pretty good to me off the fairway. Launches high and is really straight. But, I am thinking having something a little more versatile would be ideal.

I fell in love with these by scorching the heck out of them with some shocking level control mixed in, but there's a lot to be said for them at more modest speeds too. Still a great tee and fairway club that's a real weapon. It's come in extremely handy while wristing my way around the course this week. Easy to hit, strong, and good from a lot of lies and positions.

I am that moderate speed player. The UW is so wildly underrated.

The boys this week learned that. I think much to many of their suprises.

Favorite club in my bag.

I placed in order for the 17* through my pro with the LinQ purple in it. Will be fun to do some more testing at the 3/4W spot.

Favorite club in my bag.

I've looked hard at a 17 and 21 degree. I'm not sure where they fit in my bag related to my other options but I want one.

Although won't be playing golf until at least April, I have gone down to my workshop every night since it arrived and pulled by UW out of the bag and looked it over from head to toe. Such a simple but beautiful looking club. The head shape just looks so right behind the ball. I have day dreamed certain shots on my home course where I can picture it excelling. Spring cannot come soon enough in this frozen arctic tundra....bah humbug!

I used this club a lot today to help navigate a fairly long and windy course for my current swing. Honestly, I probably should have used it more. The ability to move it in every direction is just so valuable to me. I did a clean birdie sweep of the par 5's today, and this club was a big part of that.

I've looked hard at a 17 and 21 degree. I'm not sure where they fit in my bag related to my other options but I want one.
I hit the 19 as long as a 4w :oops:

Best long club ever. 17* is magic. I also have a 21* but it hasn’t displaced my 3i utility just yet. Like the 17* so much that I’m scared something might happen to it and the magic would be gone. Thinking of buying a 2nd for my backup bag just in case. Pretty sure that’s gonna happen.

Best long club ever. 17* is magic. I also have a 21* but it hasn’t displaced my 3i utility just yet. Like the 17* so much that I’m scared something might happen to it and the magic would be gone. Thinking of buying a 2nd for my backup bag just in case. Pretty sure that’s gonna happen.
Seems like you couldn’t fall any more in love with that 17! Stock stiff shaft?

i tee'd up the 19 for most of the round and would almost always be asked "what club did you just hit?"...after i answered, i was asked "that wasn't your driver?!" granted, i don't hit it that far but optical illusions and ultraviolet refraction play hell on people's distance perception i guess

Back