New Release: Callaway Apex UW

My mind keeps spinning on all the possibilities at the top end of the bag. These look so good and seem to be performing so well.

I need more course reports from some of the guys putting them in play!!

Screenshot_20211021-000230_Video Player.jpg

'Cause the controllable right while being able to draw it at will (without overdrawing) kinda has me on a continual mind-blown loop. Need corroborating evidence.

Finally got my hands on the 17deg in a store simulator today. Dispersion was incredible. They put plastic tape over the face as they didnt have a demo available.
How much do you think the tape would affect distance?
I was hitting my standard fade but only 240yds when I was expecting over 250yds for a 17deg. Hoping the tape would account for atleast 10yrds.
Anyone had similar experience?

Thinking about picking one of these up to replace my old Rogue X 3H (18*) that I can't hit and to fill the gap between 5W (18*) and 4H (21*). 5w goes about 200-210 but I it's a club I can hit off the turf very consistently and right now it's one of my favorites in the bag. 4H right in that 165-175 range. Just cant decide whether or not to go 19* or 21*. Thoughts?

just ordered a 17* and 21*

Screenshot_20211021-093729_YouTube.jpg

Video is out from the TXG boys and that's Matty with it against his G425 5W.

Pretty much what I've had. Stronger flight with still decent spin, for me. Just doesn't get up and spin up right away like my 5W and refuses to get beaten up by the elements because of it.

Last edited:
I hate you all. Now the UW has gone from a "can't wait to get my hands on it at the GDaddy" thought in the back of my brain to "I gotta try this thing before the GDaddy " reoccurring thought all day long.

You are all a bunch of horrible enablers and I love you for it. Now to go find one locally I can hit.

They should make a 25 and 28*.

I hit this compared to another hybrid today. The feel and sound were great. I ended up ordering something else but it was a very tough decision. This is a great golf club.

10/22/2021
8:36 A.M.
Out for Delivery
Loaded on Delivery Vehicle
Warwick, RI, United States

Oh my, already just about here. Looks like I get to play with it next 3 days.

That was REALLY quick build and delivery, well done Callaway.

I hate you all. Now the UW has gone from a "can't wait to get my hands on it at the GDaddy" thought in the back of my brain to "I gotta try this thing before the GDaddy " reoccurring thought all day long.

You are all a bunch of horrible enablers and I love you for it. Now to go find one locally I can hit.
You and me both!! The top end of my bag is where I need help and this has my full attention!!

And a total weapon again today on an unfamiliar course. I need a new headcover for mine that says Pop Killer.

View attachment 9036917

'Cause the controllable right while being able to draw it at will (without overdrawing) kinda has me on a continual mind-blown loop. Need corroborating evidence.

according to UPS, mine gets here Monday and I will promptly hit the course Tuesday after work.

according to UPS, mine gets here Monday and I will promptly hit the course Tuesday after work.
Man, I hope it works out great for you. We all have different wants and needs, but it might be the most impressive club I've found in a while for me. Can't wait to hear how you get along with it!

Man, I hope it works out great for you. We all have different wants and needs, but it might be the most impressive club I've found in a while for me. Can't wait to hear how you get along with it!

The Apex hybrid and I have been on a love hate journey for a while. I'm hoping this fills a gap between the hybrid and my 3w and maybe learn to take something off of it and hit that hybrid number when I'm not striking it as well as I should.

I got to hit this yesterday in 19* and really enjoyed it. The sound was fantastic and more muted than I was expecting. Distance was fine but I was hoping for a bit more. I was hitting the 18* Super Hybrid 10 yards farther.

They should make a 25 and 28*.
If they made one in a 24 or 25*, I likely would put it in the bag, which would give me 3.

I got to hit this yesterday in 19* and really enjoyed it. The sound was fantastic and more muted than I was expecting. Distance was fine but I was hoping for a bit more. I was hitting the 18* Super Hybrid 10 yards farther.
As long as launch is there with the Super Hybrid, I would expect it to generate a bit more speed, lower spin, and thereby yield the yards that you indicate you saw. This club is not a pure distance monster like the Super Hybrid.

As long as launch is there with the Super Hybrid, I would expect it to generate a bit more speed, lower spin, and thereby yield the yards that you indicate you saw. This club is not a pure distance monster like the Super Hybrid.
I guess you would say this club completely eradicates the notion that distance is based on loft solely…

I guess you would say this club completely eradicates the notion that distance is based on loft solely…
For whomever is pushing that idea:

View attachment 9036917

Mine arrives tomorrow :D and if I can't/don't over-draw it, it will be true.
However I won't have as much of an opportunity to use it as I had hoped. My brother's cancer has spread:( and it doesn't look like we will be heading to Arkansas any time soon. And building our retirement home alone has taken away any time I had for golf.

Look forward to more feedback from others and see if I can sneak away to get a few swings in with it.

Mine arrives tomorrow :D and if I can't/don't over-draw it, it will be true.
However I won't have as much of an opportunity to use it as I had hoped. My brother's cancer has spread:( and it doesn't look like we will be heading to Arkansas any time soon. And building our retirement home alone has taken away any time I had for golf.

Look forward to more feedback from others and see if I can sneak away to get a few swings in with it.
Sorry to hear that. Can't get family time back.

We didn't get a chance to get together last winter, so if and when he's hopefully doing better, I build homes and have LOTS of UW and similar clubs to try. Just some super relevant info for ya. :p

Back