New Release: Callaway Apex UW

As long as launch is there with the Super Hybrid, I would expect it to generate a bit more speed, lower spin, and thereby yield the yards that you indicate you saw. This club is not a pure distance monster like the Super Hybrid.
I don't remember all the launch monitor numbers exactly but I believe you are spot on. I'd love to get a bit more time with both of them, as I was pleasantly surprised by both.

I got in a TrackMan session last Thursday evening. I hit the 21* UW. 12 balls. TrackMan set at sea level.

Club speed - 90.4
Ball speed - 129.7
Smash factor - 1.43
Spin - 3928
Carry - 202

It looks like at sea level the 21* UW is a good solid 200 yard club for me, which is awesome relative to expectations. Peak height and dispersion can be seen below.

F7BF390B-4CE5-471D-8DF3-27F3CC1273DA.pngA3FAE312-A00D-4335-8ED4-29713ACB227F.png

I got in a TrackMan session last Thursday evening. I hit the 21* UW. 12 balls. TrackMan set at sea level.

Club speed - 90.4
Ball speed - 129.7
Smash factor - 1.43
Spin - 3928
Carry - 202

It looks like at sea level the 21* UW is a good solid 200 yard club for me, which is awesome relative to expectations. Peak height and dispersion can be seen below.

View attachment 9038149View attachment 9038150
Very similar numbers that I was getting with my Apex Pro 4 hybrid. My dispersion is more center and to the left though. Hoping the 17° will compete with my Heavenwood which I have the tendency to over-draw at times:rolleyes:. It also looks like the UW launches higher than the Apex Pro 4.

Very similar numbers that I was getting with my Apex Pro 4 hybrid. My dispersion is more center and to the left though. Hoping the 17° will compete with my Heavenwood which I have the tendency to over-draw at times:rolleyes:. It also looks like the UW launches higher than the Apex Pro 4.
I usually hit a pretty straight ball with a draw tendency. I have been working on club path and angle of attack and at the moment, I am definitely pushing some shots, evidenced as you noted. I will bet you right now that you will hit the 17* at least as long as the heavenwood, with a better ball flight, and you won’t fight the lefts as much. Let me know if I am correct.

What I like to read on a Monday morning.

"Out For Delivery"

Ok, I’m seriously in awe of the aesthetics with the UW. If I had to describe it I would saw the Heavenwood and Divine Nine we’re mixed in Doc Hoc’s lab and the UW is a result. For me at address it inspires confidence and seems easy to hit. I think Wednesday I’ll be able to get out.

12E3A43B-5775-4368-95D7-E99FA8C70078.jpeg
Apex Hybrid on the bottom.
10841D4F-2E1D-4921-B0BC-3BBD86C86B15.jpeg

I think it looks great at address.

I went and hit it again along with the super hybrid. Only conclusion I came to was I can’t hit indoors.

I think it looks great at address.

I went and hit it again along with the super hybrid. Only conclusion I came to was I can’t hit indoors.
Hey, I made you an offer. Get a tee time Saturday somewhere down in Utah County and I will even make the drive down and you can hit both. I have both of them in 21. That is, if I remember correctly that you live in Happy Valley.

Hey, I made you an offer. Get a tee time Saturday somewhere down in Utah County and I will even make the drive down and you can hit both. I have both of them in 21. That is, if I remember correctly that you live in Happy Valley.

Let’s do it. I’m happy to come up your way. I’d love to hit the 17°

I’ve come back to this thread trying to convince myself I need this. I don’t. But I want it. No real reason. Someone hit this directly against the Apex hybrids for me. :)

I'm going to try and get my Super Hybrid & Mav hybrids out to hit against this at PGASS and see what I want the top of my bag to look like next year.

I hit everything from shaped serves to stickums to huge knuckle chasers with this thing today, on. command. Bring me ALL the UDub shots, all the time. I'm addicted.

I'm going to try and get my Super Hybrid & Mav hybrids out to hit against this at PGASS and see what I want the top of my bag to look like next year.
That’s going to be fun to follow

I realize, that odds were good I'd get one at the Grandaddy...

I went into a store to try these and see what they were all about.

Boy oh boy are they good. For me personally, the stock RDX Black is an almost perfect fit (learned this from actual fitting with my fitter at CC) so seeing it as the stock option, was a pleasant surprise.

After some cuts on tracman, and this club feeling so good, like a comfortable broke in pair of old jeans. A thing was done.

20211026_102746_remastered-01.jpeg

I can't wait to get it on course 😍

Looks like Saturday is the last day in the 50's. Then 5 days in the low 40's.
I'll try to get out on Saturday with my Heavenwood and Apex 4 hybrid to compare to the UW. Love the look at address.

20211026_175058.jpg
Apex Pro 4 hybrid. 17 Apex UW and Epic Heavenwood. Looks like it fits nicely between them.

How is everyone getting along with the RDX shaft? Wondering if this plays on the slightly stiffer side like many Project X shafts. I find I’m generally between a 5.5 and 6.

It's interesting that two of the busiest threads here and at Golfwrx are about the Apex UW.

Also interesting is how they they diverge.

This thread is mostly about experiences with the UW.

The Golfwrx one is mostly about a glitch at PGASS that allows you to get the LAGP Trono shaft (normally a $350 upcharge) free.

That said I have joined the gang and ordered a 19* UW. With the Trono because why not.

I'm hoping to simplify the top of my bag.

Currently I have a 21* Epic Flash 4 hybrid which I adore. It is truly magic. Straight or slight draw. The most consistent club in my bag after the driver.

Then a 19* Ping G410 which theoretically goes somewhat further and is set up to fade but which I suspect doesn't go much further.

Then a 17.5* Cobra F6 Baffler opened to 16.5* which goes further again and which I draw. It is the longest lived club in my bag.

But I feel there is one club too many in that group.

Now that I am old I can't realistically go for par 5s in two. Instead I need something I can consistently hit further than my magic 4 hybrid on long par 4s.

So I'm hoping the UW can replace the G410 and the Baffler.

Im thinking my 17* and 21* are arriving today. Ordered from PGA Superstore last Thursday. My card initially charges but then goes away until a product is shipped. On the PGA website it still shows "order processing" but I have an email yesterday from UPS that I have a package from Callaway de Mexico Nuevo Leon

Hoping to come home to some new clubs today!

Looks like Saturday is the last day in the 50's. Then 5 days in the low 40's.
I'll try to get out on Saturday with my Heavenwood and Apex 4 hybrid to compare to the UW. Love the look at address.

View attachment 9038713
Apex Pro 4 hybrid. 17 Apex UW and Epic Heavenwood. Looks like it fits nicely between them.
How does turf interaction compare with the 3?

17 and 21 are here!!! Both with Trono 75x! Can’t wait to try these bad boys out

ADC2E682-DEC1-4327-A5C4-1B9F6BB8D0ED.jpegC1CE647C-B8D0-4262-898F-8B91CBC9AFE8.jpegCB1B335B-E62C-4F0A-964F-A41C575156EF.jpeg

How is everyone getting along with the RDX shaft? Wondering if this plays on the slightly stiffer side like many Project X shafts. I find I’m generally between a 5.5 and 6.
The Smoke Black RDX is fairly stout, certainly similar to other Project X shafts. It is low launch and spin. I am sure that I could play a 5.5 easily, although the 6 is working great for my driver speed that hovers around 98 to 100 mph.

Just played...and used my new Callaway 21* UW on this downhill, 289 yd, driveable par 4, with OB on the left. Hit the front edge and stayed right there on the fringe for an eagle putt. (green on the left over the white OB stake)20211028_132333.jpg

Really getting to like this more and more, especially with the non draw bias. 20211018_132626.jpg20211018_132637.jpg

Last edited:
Back